zombieman

Knotts Scary Farm 2018

FULL LINEUP FOR 2018

Houses:

• Shadowlands - RECONFIGURED OPENING SEQUENCE FOR 2018 [EDIT - they removed the first scene]
  • Special Ops: Infected - NEW FINALE ROOM FOR 2018
  • Paranormal Inc - NEW FINALE ROOM FOR 2018
  • Trick or Treat: Lights Out - FOR 2018, FLASHLIGHT WILL TRIGGER SCARES
  • Pumpkin Eater
  • Red Barn
  • Dark Ride
  • Dark Entities - NEW for 2018 ("Teleport beyond earth and into a realm where the darkness is absolute. In the depths of space, a lone station faces terror beyond all imagination. An extraterrestrial mutation has invaded the station, and it’s on the prowl for new hosts. The unearthly inhabitants’ force increases as it feeds on its unwilling victims. Escape the dark entities before its deathly force eliminates all living form aboard the station. There’s nowhere to escape when time is running out!")
  • The Depths - NEW for 2018 (A heavy fog drapes over an abandoned port village where ancient creatures lurk inside the pitch-black underground caves hidden below the seaside shores. The Nightwatch Mining Crew has mysteriously disappeared and village rumors point to the eerie tunnels the town sits upon. Myths of the terrifying horrors that lurk within the cave have often been whispered but never confirmed.  Did the crew meet their demise at the hand of vicious creatures that live within the cave? Journey into the ominous caverns and follow the crew’s path into The Depths, discover if the superstition revolving around the cave is true or not. But be warned! All who have entered have never resurfaced.)

Scarezones

• Forsaken Lake - NEW FOR 2018
  • Carnevil 
  • Ghost Town Streets 
  • The Hollow

Shows

• The Hanging
  • Hacks: Cutting Room Floor  - NEW FOR 2018 - (The unique, twisted, improvised comedy antics of “Hacks” returns to Knott’s Scary Farm with a brand new show in the Charles M. Schulz Theater.  This time around, they have taken over a run-down movie theater and with the help of the audience and lots of “B” horror films, they create on the spot, a Halloween show that will have you screaming with laughter.)
  • Conjure: Magic and Mirth - NEW FOR 2018 - (The Bird Cage Theatre will once again become the home of comedy and magic at Knott’s Scary Farm. Join us as award winning magicians and Fox’s “Masters of Illusion” regulars take the stage to amaze and amuse.)

Experiences (listed separate from shows)

• Awaken the Dead (Fiesta Village DJ)
  • Boo-Fet
  • Into the Fog: A Scary Farm Art Tribute Show - NEW FOR 2018 - Located in the Nautilus store
  • Timber Mountain Log Ride: Halloween Hootenanny

Rides

• Hang Time - NEW FOR 2018
  • Coast Rider
  • Ghostrider
  • Jaguar
  • La Revolucion
  • Montezoomas Revenge
  • Pony Express
  • Silver Bullet
  • Sol Spin
  • Supreme Scream
  • VR Showdown at Ghost Town - NEW ZOMBIE OVERLAY FOR HAUNT

• Like 2

Some may remember that I spoke to Ed Alonzo last year at Scare LA and he told me he was returning to Knott's to do the Haunt 2018.

Well....I just checked his schedule online and it shows he is returning to Great America Halloween Haunt.

So that still leaves us to wonder who will come to work Haunt...  I thought Ed Alonzo would be a given.  

Academy of Villians?  They have only been back up performers for Alonzo and Elvira.

Brian Brushwood? (no current tour)

Dan Sperry? (currently touring in Germany)

Marty Putz?  (currently touring in Australia)

Neil Patrick Harris?  (He is a magician, you know.  He was president of the Hollywood Magic Castle not too long ago, and is besties with Alonzo)

Personally, if AOV did a show similar to the one they did at HHN in Orlando in 2016, it would be a mega hit.  Quite possible, as AOV is a brand name like Blue Man and has chapters everywhere.

On 5/8/2018 at 8:30 AM, NuteGunrayWasFramed said:

Frankly , I'd love to see a sequel house to Deadman's Wharf this year. I think that would be awesome!

I'd be all for that if they put back the Haunted Shack where Screamin' Swing was.  That would be true justice.

• Like 1

Midsummer Scream

Knott's Scary Farm presentation

Saturday - July 28th (12:30 PM - 1:00 PM)

• Like 1

Love Knott's what interesting info about the season! I too admit I initially jumped on the "What is going to happen to Scary Farm!?" bandwagon but I am sure/hope it is in capable hands also thankful Jon will be on for Scary Farm a bit longer. I am curious what houses are staying and going this year. I am sure Voodoo is out, I certainly hope so the house felt tired last year, I want Trick 'r Treat to go, the flashlight gimmick was cute but like Voodoo I don't know what else can be done to elevate it other than starting new. I know a lot of people want the Toothfairy gone too for similar reasons I listed for Voodoo and TrT but I just love the concept and find it still so fresh and hope they can spruce it up one more time. Also did anyone else think the Shadowlands had a lot less actors in it last year or was it just me? Not that I think Shadowlands is in danger this year but I hope that stays for a while as I also think that is such a unique theme and house, it is actually a theme I always wanted at HHN. 

Shadowlands is another that needs to retire. It just lost the energy for me last year. That said, like you, I can't wait to see what Knott's plans on serving up this year.

I assume we are getting two new ones for Scary Farm's 46th year, if things stay the way they have

Trick or Treat has had a 5 year run.

Voodoo and Tooth Fairy each a 4 year run

However, both TrT and Voodoo have each had "tweaks" and a subtitle in their name.  Tooth Faitr has not.

So I think the most likely thing to happen is that we see TrT and Voodoo replaced, and Tooth Fairy revamped.

I doubt that we see three new mazes, since Knotts had a major spend this year with the new coaster.  Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me to see ONLY TrT replaced this year, along with a Tooth Fairy refresh.

Knotts already has a built-in "new for 2018" in that they have a replacement for the Elvira show, so one new maze, a new show and refreshed maze for 2018 could suffice.

EDIT: Shadowlands is not going anywhere until at least 2020.  A Knotts maze doesn't have a very short run unless it's clearly not working from the start (Dead of Winter, I'm looking at you) .  I don't know of a single maze that has ever looked as good in its second year as it did in its first year, but I thought it was still quite good last year. 

On 7/25/2018 at 3:03 PM, zombieman said:

I assume we are getting two new ones for Scary Farm's 46th year, if things stay the way they have

Trick or Treat has had a 5 year run.

Voodoo and Tooth Fairy each a 4 year run

However, both TrT and Voodoo have each had "tweaks" and a subtitle in their name.  Tooth Faitr has not.

So I think the most likely thing to happen is that we see TrT and Voodoo replaced, and Tooth Fairy revamped.

I doubt that we see three new mazes, since Knotts had a major spend this year with the new coaster.  Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me to see ONLY TrT replaced this year, along with a Tooth Fairy refresh.

Knotts already has a built-in "new for 2018" in that they have a replacement for the Elvira show, so one new maze, a new show and refreshed maze for 2018 could suffice.

EDIT: Shadowlands is not going anywhere until at least 2020.  A Knotts maze doesn't have a very short run unless it's clearly not working from the start (Dead of Winter, I'm looking at you) .  I don't know of a single maze that has ever looked as good in its second year as it did in its first year, but I thought it was still quite good last year. 

I've heard that there's two new mazes this year. That means two of Voodoo, TrT, or Tooth Fairy will likely be heading out. I think it has to be Tooth Fairy and Voodoo, Knott's doesn't usually keep mazes past 4 years unless they're completely re-designed like Slaughterhouse was. Even though I think Trick or Treat needs to go, the re-design and flashlight technology probably costed them enough to justify keeping it around one more year. So, while 3 mazes this year isn't happening we'll at least get a brand new show. This would be Voodoo and Tooth Fairy's 5th year and I don't think either are good enough to return past 4 years. They already tried revamping Voodoo by reversing the layout, and it just feels a bit tired. Tooth Fairy hasn't been redone at all and I don't think they'll invest more money in it.

I think next year Infected and Trick or Treat need to go. Infected was fun at first , but I think it's time to go and make way for a new maze/experience in the Mystery Lodge space. If they have the budget to do 3, I think Paranormal will be gone too. We'll likely get an announcement at Midsummer Scream this weekend, either the new show or one of the new mazes. Everything else will be announced in August at the Announcement Event.

I'm hoping Log Ride also gets a new overlay, Hootenany was okay, I want something much more dark in theme!

Mine Ride would be great also, that way they could bill 4 new mazes.

I'm hoping someone updates us IMMEDIATELY after Midsummer Scream! It's only a 30 minute presentation, so I'm worried there won't be much new, or that they're saving it for their own presentation in their own theater like they've done a few times with the live broadcast and such.

Event Dates - September 20 - October 31 

- More shows & Party Zone

- The Hallow is returning to Camp Snoopy

- NEW SCAREZONE -

N117Dll.jpg

Here is the scarezone promo video.... its currently on facebook, but I'll edit this once Knott's uploads it to youtube...

Okay... the live stream was complete shit so this was all I could gather from it. Its not much, but the full event reveal event will be coming soon enough.

I'm still mad they got rid of the Gauntlet.......

But the Hollow is pretty cool haha

Okay so here is a good quality video of the entire panel and a recap of the highlights...

- Carnevil scarezone returns

- Dark Ride maze returns

- Hangtime will have a special lighting package exclusively for KSF

- "Coasters in the dark" returns

- NEW FOR 2018"Awaken The Dead" (dance party) in Fiesta Village

- NEW SHOWS FOR 2018

- The Hallow scarezone returns

- Pumpkin Eater maze returns

- NEW FOR 2018 - "Forsaken Lake" scarezone near Silver Bullet ("mission row")

16 hours ago, DTH316 said:

Awful waste of a panel for such mediocre announcements!

Not as bad as HHN's panel of pointlessness :lol:

KNOTTS SCARY FARM  <-----CLICK FOR WEBSITE

Anyway, while we wait for the annual Knott's Reveal Event. Here is a few more details

- 9 Mazes/Attractions

- 4 shows & the "Awaken The Dead" (dance party area)

- 4 Scarezones

Looks like Tooth Fairy is all but confirmed to be leaving this year because California's Great America announced Tooth Fairy as their new maze for Halloween Haunt replacing Toy Factory which was LONG overdue, I remember back when Doll Factory retired at Knott's and that was rumored to take its place way back in 2012. Also Madame Marie's Massacre Manor is now getting revamped with the flashlight technology that was used in Trick R' Treat last year so that might mean Trick R' Treat is done for as well at Knott's if they just ended up sending their used equipment to CGA. But I honestly can't see sticking VOODOO sticking around for another year so if that goes as well Knott's could be getting 3 new mazes.

Damn.. they updated the site again & decreased the show count down to 3... Curious to see what they other two "experiences" will be. 

Paranormal Inc officially on the website.

And what if... just what if... they stopped the Hanging and did another show instead? The outcry from fans, myself included, would be insane... but I'm an agent of chaos and would just want to see it.

All,

Letting you know about two organized trips for which you can still buy tickets for Haunt (links provided)

Saturday, September 22th :  HorrorBuzz.com  $149.99 per ticket (plus fees) - about $156 total.  Price will go up in a few days

Saturday September 29th: Micechat: $159.99 per ticket  (plus fees) - about $163 total

These prices are about $10-$20 less than if you bought the All Inclusive pass, which includes parking, admission, pre-park buffet, and UNLIMITED front line pass for all rides and houses (ie. Fright Lane).

HorrorBuzz and Micechat does NOT include parking - which is a GOOD thing if you are going with a few people, because Knotts will be essentially charging each person for parking in that all-inclusive ticket price, which is a waste.

But going with HorrorBuzz and MiceChat does include a meet and greet with haunt maze designers AND a backstage (lights on) tour of one or two mazes before the haunt starts.

The group does do a "Death March" through all the houses and shows, but you are not obligated to stick with the group.

Just gotta warn you, though, the Fright Lane lines at Knotts have been getting ridiculously long in recent years - especially for Special Ops.  It stays mobbed all night long because of the slow load.  All other Fast Lane lines fluctuate wildly.  Ghostrider area is empty last few hours.  Packed at start.

Oh yea.... soooo... THIS is back again for another year...

Are you afraid of the dark? You will be.

Armed with only a faulty flashlight, explore the creepy house at the end of the street, in the upgraded Trick-or-Treat: Lights Out maze. Face the terrors  of the house in complete darkness as your interactive flashlight reveals the horrors hiding in the shadows.  Featuring new state-of-the-art effects, unexpected scares and other eerie surprises, Trick-or-Treat: Lights Out will terrorize you like never before. 

20 hours ago, zombieman said:

All,

Letting you know about two organized trips for which you can still buy tickets for Haunt (links provided)

Saturday, September 22th :  HorrorBuzz.com  $149.99 per ticket (plus fees) - about $156 total.  Price will go up in a few days

Saturday September 29th: Micechat: $159.99 per ticket  (plus fees) - about $163 total

These prices are about $10-$20 less than if you bought the All Inclusive pass, which includes parking, admission, pre-park buffet, and UNLIMITED front line pass for all rides and houses (ie. Fright Lane).

HorrorBuzz and Micechat does NOT include parking - which is a GOOD thing if you are going with a few people, because Knotts will be essentially charging each person for parking in that all-inclusive ticket price, which is a waste.

But going with HorrorBuzz and MiceChat does include a meet and greet with haunt maze designers AND a backstage (lights on) tour of one or two mazes before the haunt starts.

The group does do a "Death March" through all the houses and shows, but you are not obligated to stick with the group.

Just gotta warn you, though, the Fright Lane lines at Knotts have been getting ridiculously long in recent years - especially for Special Ops.  It stays mobbed all night long because of the slow load.  All other Fast Lane lines fluctuate wildly.  Ghostrider area is empty last few hours.  Packed at start.

I always think about doing these, but I always feel like they're about 20-30ish over what I'm willing to pay haha