Sign in to follow this  
mz_

Howl-O-Scream (Tampa) 2018

HOWL-O-SCREAM RETURNS FOR ANOTHER TERRIFYING YEAR!

From Sept. 21 - Oct. 28, take on terrifying haunted houses & roaming hordes.

This fall, Howl-O-Scream® returns with on select terrifying nights from September 21 – October 28, 2018. With tormenting surprises and unexpected terrors around every corner, Busch Gardens® Tampa Bay makes escaping nearly impossible. Plus, park-wide scare zones, horrific haunted houses, chilling live shows and the chance to challenge Florida’s top thrill rides in the dark will have guests screaming all night.

Howl-O-Scream is a separately ticketed event. Stay tuned for more updates and information on when tickets will be available! 

*Event dates and details subject to change and/or cancellation without prior notice

Full lineup posted today.  Quite extensive changes.  They are GOING EXTREME, folks!  At least that's what they say.

Dates:

September 21-22 (Fri/Sat)

September 28-29 (Fri/Sat) - BAD MOVE, HOS, for not including Sep 27 (the ONE Thursday HHN is closed).  You lost so many potentially new customers....  Didn't anyone over there realize?

October 5-7 (Fri/Sat/Sun)

October 11-14 (Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun)

October 18-21 (Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun)

October 25-28 (Thu/Fri/Sat/Sun)

EXTRAS:

• Weekend Ticket $105 select ONE weekend (Thurs-Sun) and go every DAY AND NIGHT.  Yes, daytime admission is also included.
  • Line Skip (house only) prices start at $35, allowing you to skip the line ONE TIME per house
  • Line Skip (houses and rides) prices start at $45, allowing you to skip the line ONE TIME per house and ride
  • Fright Feast starts at $30 and serves as a line skip pass until 8:30 pm for SELECTED houses (they don't specify which).  In the past the skip can be used multiple times.
  • VIP Guided tour starts at $99 and INCLUDES ADMISSION.  A three hour tour.  A three hour tour. (see what I did there?)  Front Line access to MOST houses (whatever that means).  Complimentary beer/wine?!?
  • Ultimate VIP Tour starts at $230.  Includes parking, admission, Fright Feast, and front line access to all rides and SELECT houses (presumed unlimited)

HOUSES:

Insomnia - NEW for 2018

Every door in this haunted asylum leads to your worst nightmare and the doctor is accepting new patients. Have your fears turn into fate as this reality comes to life.  Patients will be forced to stay awake as they receive twisted treatments from demented doctors. There are no cures for the curses inside this hospital from hell.

Simon's Slaughterhouse - NEW for 2018

Intense experience suggested for 17 and older guests
By merely stepping inside, you have agreed to play Simon’s sick and twisted games.  Entering this horrifying realm requires a journey through the Meat Market where cannibalistic creatures feast on the weak as they add to their Monster Menu of human hors-d’oeuvres. Due to the intensity of Simon’s Slaughterhouse and the Meat Market, this area of the park is suggested for a 17 and older audience. 

Death Water Bayou

Motel Hell

Unearthed

Black Spot

Scarezones

Meat Market

A scarezone from 2017 that serves as the entry to Simon's Slaughterhouse

Camp D.O.A. - NEW for 2018

A night at this deadly campground ensures a sleepover like no other. Campers should sleep with one eye open as swamp mutants arise to make sure nobody gets a good night’s rest at this haunted marsh.

Deadly Toys - NEW for 2018

Childhood memories will be crushed as the horror comes to life. Lock up your toy box because life-size toys are heading out on a murderous rampage and no one is safe from their deadly wrath.

Hell on Wheels - NEW for 2018

Attempting to approach this apocalyptic stronghold? Think again, as this nefarious motorcycle gang is willing to do the unspeakable to protect their survival supplies. With this gruesome gang in charge, your path to survival is looking grim.

Maniac Midway - NEW for 2018

Join Sparky and his carnie crew as you step into the center ring at the “scariest show on earth.” Clowns have overtaken the midway looking for the newest stars of this horrid attraction.

Dia de los Muertos - NEW for 2018

Also known as the “Day of the Dead”, Día de los Muertos will join the Howl-O-Scream event this year.  This mysterious realm includes a one-of-a-kind celebration of life and a parade to honor those who have gone before us.

Rides

Cobra's Curse

Falcon's Fury

Cheetah Hunt

Montu

Sheikra

Kumba

Show

Fiends

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, zombieman said:

Scarezones

Meat Market - NEW for 2018

A scarezone that serves as the entry to Simon's Slaughterhouse

A slight little correction, the Meat Market zone is not listed as New on the website since it was in the event last year.

Anyways, so that announcement just came and went, now did it? Bit of a shame since HoS can usually draw ones attention away from HHN now and then with a unique theme/house etc. Unfortunately it looks like this is not one of those years.

For the new houses, Insomnia is another asylum house...with a angle of twisted doctors which sounds a bit like Deconstruction/Reconstruction. So chances are it'll be gory...but nothing new there that's going to turn heads.

As for Simon's Slaughterhouse, well it's another slaughterhouse/cannibal house. But oooh, this one's going to be INTENSE. So much so that they recommend it for 17 and up! But there's no mention of signing waivers, so there's probably no touching or doing any neat things done in houses like Alone or the Experiment...so they're probably pushing that the scares are going to be so intense that'll it justify having a age recommendation like that, and that Never. Friggin'. Works.

On top of that, well so much for Demented Dimensions as it's gone after a year. (Apparently Williamsburg is getting a Demented Dimensions.)

All in all, I got a feeling this'll be a off year for HoS.

53 minutes ago, Tobias said:

A slight little correction, the Meat Market zone is not listed as New on the website since it was in the event last year.

Is Meat Market somehow integrated into Slaughterhouse?  I haven't been to HOS in about 5 years, so I'm going solely off the site.  In addition to touting all new scarezones, they make it sound like the two are somehow integrated, but from what you're saying it may be just a scarezone in front of a queue entrance?  (so OF COURSE you have to "brave the scarezone"  in order to get to the "extreme house").

4 hours ago, zombieman said:

Is Meat Market somehow integrated into Slaughterhouse?  I haven't been to HOS in about 5 years, so I'm going solely off the site.  In addition to touting all new scarezones, they make it sound like the two are somehow integrated, but from what you're saying it may be just a scarezone in front of a queue entrance?  (so OF COURSE you have to "brave the scarezone"  in order to get to the "extreme house").

Last year the Meat Market was a scare zone positioned in front of the queue entrance to Undead Arena (2017 - Year of the "One and Done" houses), so I can imagine it'll be the same with SS. They're not integrated, you just have to go through the scare zone to reach the entrance to the queue.

An' if the Meat Market is anything like last year, I don't see how that'll suddenly be intense enough for the 17+ recommendation they're doing. (Especially with the carnival games and photo ops in the zone...)

I went on 9/22.  

I used to go all the time, the last time being 2011, so all of the houses were new to me.

I bought the front of the line pass because I also went to Screamageddon on the way to HOS.  Turned out I didn't need the line skip pass, as HOS was pretty empty even though a Saturday.

The biggest shocker for me was how short the houses have become!  I used to rant and rave endlessly about how long they were.  There was a biker house where Motel Hell now stands that was easily 2x the length of anything at HHN.  Now the houses are HHN length.  

Unearthed was the first house I went through and people complain about how old it is.  It felt a lot light Trapped in the Walls from so long ago.  But the ending had a great effect where the wall was opening like a giant mouth.  That ending was one of the few memorable parts of the event.  It was good start, but most of the other houses fell way short.

The "under 17 not allowed" Slaughterhouse was a joke.  The scarezone is said to be for mature audiences, but they played 50's music throughout.  There was nothing shocking.  The "extreme" part of the house is that they separate groups at the very start, then immediately join them up.  I don't even feel like that is a spoiler. 

Here is the real spoiler for the Slaughterhouse (read it if you dare):

The house sucks

The best house to me was easily Insomnia.  The sleek look reminded me of Corporate Nightmare.  Good scares and really nice sets even though each was treated as a different chapter of the same story.

Death Water Bayou was good, but I guess it is very long in the tooth at this point.   Even so, I liked it.

The rest were blah.  Not worth the ticket price.

This really sucks, because there was a time when HOS was giving HHN a run for its money.  That time is long past, I guess.  It's hard to believe HOS used to have full blown icons, ridiculously long houses, and a fantastic upcharge house.  It's seriously down there with Fright Fest now.

One thing hasn't changed, and that is each and every scareactor screaming in your face.  "What are you doing here?"  "Get out of my room!"  "Wanna play?"  "They're gonna get you!".  I would have though that they would have triggered recordings by now like HHN.  Every actor must have laryngitis by the end of the run.