Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Ringwraith

Ringwraith's Employee Preview Review

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Cody said:

If what you say is true about The Fallen, I'm incredibly disappointed. Angels vs. demons is a rarely seen concept for live horror like haunts, and Universal has the budget to pull it off spectacularly. It sounds like a panicked decision at the last minute has completely neutered A&D.

 

Besides they could have just let the angels win at the end or something. 

They could have made it "good wins over evil"  

That could have even pleased people to see instead of being offended 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too would have been fine with the angels winning over the demons. Taking them out seems to defeat the purpose of the house and they might as well have gone with the Gothicombs rumor that was flying around, no pun intended. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It reminds me of a Far Side panel where God was participating in a game show, winning hundreds of points to -5. The author says that even if the human contestant had any points it would have meant he'd beaten God to the buzzer at least once, and someone would have gotten mad. :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand why they were afraid of backlash or drama, 

But why even greenlit the house idea? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, clash said:

I can understand why they were afraid of backlash or drama, 

But why even greenlit the house idea? 

 

I don't know, but I do know that the person that greenlit it probably had his paycheck cut.

  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was raised Catholic and I'm offended with how big of a pussy Universal is.  Enough of the political correctness.  It's Halloween.  Suck it up.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having seen the house, 

I think some mutilated  corpses were meant to be angels. The hair gave it away.

This wasnt a battle, it was a slaughter. I cant see how any of the rooms would have had the angels winning in any way. 

 This house was set up for the demons to torture the angels i think.

 

I could see some people being freaked out by the carnage

Edited by clash
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, clash said:

 

I could see some people being freaked out by the carnage

 But if they're freaked out about carnage, why go to a Halloween event known for it's horror and gore?? I mean, the event has had a Carnival of CARNAGE. If you can't stand the blood, get out of the butcher shop. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, QueenoftheBunnies said:

 But if they're freaked out about carnage, why go to a Halloween event known for it's horror and gore?? I mean, the event has had a Carnival of CARNAGE. If you can't stand the blood, get out of the butcher shop. 

 

It is a little more complicated than that. Im going to play devil's advocate here because i dont care if the angels were ripped appart,

And It is difficult to explain to non religious people,

angels might be seen as fairy tales, as children's bedtime stories. 

But some people actually legitimately pray to angels. Some people fully believe in them. Angels are something that is sacred to some people. 

You wouldnt have a house with a hurt jesus or Buddha or something.

I can see why someone at uni got cold feet. People might not care about regular gore. Its complicated. 

 

Im actually surprised universal had the balls to create a house with fully satanic creatures. I remember years ago ( in the vault) when people suggested a satan based house people said it was a bad idea. 

Edited by clash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, clash said:

Having seen the house, 

I think some mutilated  corpses were meant to be angels. The hair gave it away.

This wasnt a battle, it was a slaughter. I cant see how any of the rooms would have had the angels winning in any way. 

 This house was set up for the demons to torture the angels i think.

 

I could see some people being freaked out by the carnage

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The very first corpse in the house is wearing chain mail, is holding a sword, and has long blonde hair. There's nobody else it could be.

 

There's also some later bodies that have noticeably been set up to look like their wings were ripped off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Devil's advocate or not, the celebration of a Halloween event like this should be enough to keep most bible bangers away.  Aren't these the same folks who refuse to celebrate this kind of thing anyway?  

 

Don't sanitize my horror.  Don't play politics with my houses.  If it's frightening, LEAVE IT BE.

 

I'm a liberal, but this is some serious snowflake bullshit.  Go to The Holy Land Experience if you want that.  Let us have HHN.

Edited by BenjaminNicholas
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cody said:

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The very first corpse in the house is wearing chain mail, is holding a sword, and has long blonde hair. There's nobody else it could be.

 

There's also some later bodies that have noticeably been set up to look like their wings were ripped off.

 

Theres a body with very long straight hair being tortured that i remember,  it was obvious thats an angel

13 minutes ago, BenjaminNicholas said:

Devil's advocate or not, the celebration of a Halloween event like this should be enough to keep most bible bangers away.  Aren't these the same folks who refuse to celebrate this kind of thing anyway?  

 

Don't sanitize my horror.  Don't play politics with my houses.  If it's frightening, LEAVE IT BE.

 

I'm a liberal, but this is some serious snowflake bullshit.  Go to The Holy Land Experience if you want that.  Let us have HHN.

 

But do we need to see angels dismembered? Lol

Like i said, the corpses are still there, the mutilation is still there.

Theres absolutely no " sanitation" whatsoever. 

U still get a hellraiser style house with a lot of scary demons torturing and cutting up humans. 

There really is not any sanitation at all. 

Even the ending has all these dead bodies, like an altar of death. 

If u want blood, u get it. Simple as that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, clash said:

But do we need to see angels dismembered? Lol

Like i said, the corpses are still there, the mutilation is still there.

Theres absolutely no " sanitation" whatsoever. 

U still get a hellraiser style house with a lot of scary demons torturing and cutting up humans. 

There really is not any sanitation at all. 

Even the ending has all these dead bodies, like an altar of death. 

If u want blood, u get it. Simple as that 

 

I didn't think there was much of an outcry for having The Exorcist top billed last year.  Halloween, sort of, is all about embracing your inner demon.  I purposely go to the event to see death and carnage.  That being said, I didn't get to visit this house on Friday.  I'll check 'er on out Thursday.  Your description sounds pretty cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The gore is there. I notice They reuse the props from the chance scarezone. 

Some people say the house has no story or that the story got messed up, but to me it still has a good story. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, clash said:

The gore is there. I notice They reuse the props from the chance scarezone. 

Some people say the house has no story or that the story got messed up, but to me it still has a good story. 

 

Has anyone noticed a marked reduction in the amount of gore shown in the houses? Not just this year but now going back multiple years.  I watched HHNH's Saw house walk through and wondered why Orlando's couldn't be like that.  Or is it just me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Pandry said:

 

Has anyone noticed a marked reduction in the amount of gore shown in the houses? Not just this year but now going back multiple years.  I watched HHNH's Saw house walk through and wondered why Orlando's couldn't be like that.  Or is it just me?

I don't find gore all that scary, so I don't mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Pandry said:

 

Has anyone noticed a marked reduction in the amount of gore shown in the houses? Not just this year but now going back multiple years.  I watched HHNH's Saw house walk through and wondered why Orlando's couldn't be like that.  Or is it just me?

 

I think it depends on the subject of the house. 

There has been a reduction over the years, but the fallen is the goriest house this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2017 at 2:44 PM, clash said:

 

 Im going to play devil's advocate here

 

On 9/19/2017 at 2:36 PM, BenjaminNicholas said:

Devil's advocate or not,

 

What I'm disappointed in is the fact TWO people said "Devil's Advocate" and NOBODY said "pun intended."

Edited by Ringwraith
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, YourPallbearer said:

How much cooler would it have been if the Angels were actually more fearsome than the demons? Defying expectation.

Like Supernatural?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

EDIT-nevermind. I wasn't sure what you meant until I thought about it a little more. You mean the show? I wasn't aware of that.

Edited by YourPallbearer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^I mainly just pretend anything after season five didn't happen. It's great that people still enjoy it, but seasons 1-5 is my favorite show.

 

But basically, the angels are just as bad as the demons (sans Castiel).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...