Jump to content
HHNManics

HHN 2017: Titans of Terror

Recommended Posts

We're having a Titans of Terror maze and Titans of Terror Tram? I looked at the new announcement on Twitter and I only see Titans of Terror Tram and I don't see any announcement of there also being a maze.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, XNaut said:

We're having a Titans of Terror maze and Titans of Terror Tram? I looked at the new announcement on Twitter and I only see Titans of Terror Tram and I don't see any announcement of there also being a maze.

Yeah Titans maze and tram. Checked he website because I only saw the announcement for Tram on twitter and it's legit. Chucky isn't in the maze

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have not sat though Dr Jimmy's video, so he may have stated what I am saying here.

 

Murdy's house concept for ToT mentioned at ScareLA sounded very cool, even to someone who really dislikes IP houses.

The reason the house was code-named "Uberfan" was that while it's an ode to the Big Three in one house, the backstory is that it takes place at a regular old home haunt, where superfans of Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface live.  This is why the facade will look like an ordinary house that appears to be presenting a home-haunt.  Of course behind the scenes, the real Big Three have taken over.

 

I can recall for many years, topics of "what would you like to see HHN do" inevitably came around to seeing HHN do a traditional home haunt gone wrong.  I'm turned on by this idea because while it uses IP characters, it allows them to be presented in ways we have not seen before.  My biggest bitch about IP was that if you've seen the movie, you pretty know what you're going to see in the house.  This is definitely a curveball.  I hope the "big surprise" ending somehow wraps back around to the home haunt theme.

 

When I heard that backstory, I immediately thought about that facade we all see in the JP queue.  It's not from any movies; looks like an ordinary house.  Yet we know that ToT will be in the Waterworld area.  So what is that JP facade for again???  Blumhouse?  Insidious 4?

 

Edited by zombieman
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Have not sat though Dr Jimmy's video, so he may have stated what I am saying here.

 

Murdy's house concept for ToT mentioned at ScareLA sounded very cool, even to someone who really dislikes IP houses.

The reason the house was code-named "Uberfan" was that while it's an ode to the Big Three in one house, the backstory is that it takes place at a regular old home haunt, where superfans of Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface live.  This is why the facade will look like an ordinary house that appears to be presenting a home-haunt.  Of course behind the scenes, the real Big Three have taken over.

 

I can recall for many years, topics of "what would you like to see HHN do" inevitably came around to seeing HHN do a traditional home haunt gone wrong.  I'm turned on by this idea because while it uses IP characters, it allows them to be presented in ways we have not seen before.  My biggest bitch about IP was that if you've seen the movie, you pretty know what you're going to see in the house.  This is definitely a curveball.  I hope the "big surprise" ending somehow wraps back around to the home haunt theme.

 

When I heard that backstory, I immediately thought about that facade we all see in the JP queue.  It's not from any movies; looks like an ordinary house.  Yet we know that ToT will be in the Waterworld area.  So what is that JP facade for again???  Blumhouse?  Insidious 4?

 

one thing i do want is this house not to be repeats of mazes used from previous years, i think the maze would be better as not walking into movie scenes but watching these killers rampage the neighborhood killing the haunters neighbors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, zombieman said:

Have not sat though Dr Jimmy's video, so he may have stated what I am saying here.

 

Murdy's house concept for ToT mentioned at ScareLA sounded very cool, even to someone who really dislikes IP houses.

The reason the house was code-named "Uberfan" was that while it's an ode to the Big Three in one house, the backstory is that it takes place at a regular old home haunt, where superfans of Freddy, Jason, and Leatherface live.  This is why the facade will look like an ordinary house that appears to be presenting a home-haunt.  Of course behind the scenes, the real Big Three have taken over.

 

I can recall for many years, topics of "what would you like to see HHN do" inevitably came around to seeing HHN do a traditional home haunt gone wrong.  I'm turned on by this idea because while it uses IP characters, it allows them to be presented in ways we have not seen before.  My biggest bitch about IP was that if you've seen the movie, you pretty know what you're going to see in the house.  This is definitely a curveball.  I hope the "big surprise" ending somehow wraps back around to the home haunt theme.

 

When I heard that backstory, I immediately thought about that facade we all see in the JP queue.  It's not from any movies; looks like an ordinary house.  Yet we know that ToT will be in the Waterworld area.  So what is that JP facade for again???  Blumhouse?  Insidious 4?

 

Insidious ch. 4. Blumhouse is Parisian Courtyard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, themazethinker said:

one thing i do want is this house not to be repeats of mazes used from previous years, i think the maze would be better as not walking into movie scenes but watching these killers rampage the neighborhood killing the haunters neighbors

 

I think what we will see is two or three rooms with Halloween Club type props and teenagers in awful costumes - The $9,95 Freddy glove, floppy rubber machete, battery operated chainsaw, boiler made from a trashcan and dryer ducting, etc.  But somewhere in each room the teenager will be killed by the real deal.  And then we descend into their realms where the sets become like what we've seen before.  At the end we manage to somehow escape (maybe wake up from a Freddy dream?) and are back in the home haunt where one final thing happens.

 

That's the way I see it...

 

EDIT: I'd also hope to see some random teenagers out front in the costumes entertaining the people in line.  This could really set the tone for the whole home haunt thing.  Maybe even a bitchy neighbor complaining about the crowds, that we later see killed inside by Leatherface

Edited by zombieman
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After Blood Brothers I just feel so uneasy about this maze. My biggest pet peeve is obvious reuse of props and if this maze is just a rehash of old props and scenes I'll be very disappointed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would find it refreshing if they stuck with the home-haunt idea throughout, rather than just a facade and first room.  I'm hoping we will not find ourselves suddenly thrust into their universes (i.e. reuse of old props) but I'm pretty sure we will.

 

If they stuck with the home haunt through the whole thing, it could almost turn into a comedy house.  I mean, imagine Jason thrusts a knife into someone and it just bounces off because it's a Halloween Club prop - so Jason tears his arm off instead.  It becomes a "what if the Big Three found themselves in our world and had to deal with reality rather than movie magic" rather than the other way around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im not the biggest fan of the announcement video, so I decided to put one together. :rolleyes: Hope you guys like it! 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Universal is going to put a tribute to Tobe Hooper in the Texas Chainsaw segment like they did last year for Wes Craven for Freddy vs Jason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Psycho_Bates said:

I wonder if Universal is going to put a tribute to Tobe Hooper in the Texas Chainsaw segment like they did last year for Wes Craven for Freddy vs Jason?

John said that the best tribute they could do is that this is year 5 for Texas Chainsaw Massacre. That being said, I want a Hooper tribute inside he actual maze because he was a legend 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...