9 minutes ago, StraightEdge said:

I hope Blumhouse of Horrors is announced today too

i just hope they do blumhouse good, and make it fun and scary

34 minutes ago, StraightEdge said:

I hope Blumhouse of Horrors is announced today too

What are the chances of that happening? I would like that to happen lol 

1 hour ago, MomoChinchi said:

What are the chances of that happening? I would like that to happen lol 

Considering it's a shared maze, and it's right around 9:40 in Orlando, I would say the chances are low. There may be a chance it's tomorrow or Wednesday but I think john saying it'll be coming soon means sometime this week. Going into September with announcements is a little crazy 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Considering it's a shared maze, and it's right around 9:40 in Orlando, I would say the chances are low. There may be a chance it's tomorrow or Wednesday but I think john saying it'll be coming soon means sometime this week. Going into September with announcements is a little crazy 

I was thinking Wednesday too but the latest and I mean the latest would have to be Friday on the first of the month of September.

21 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

It will feel fresh and unique because they aren't just rebuilding the exact same maze from 2009. It will still feel like a SAW maze, but it will still be familiar because its a returning IP. The problem with this IP is that its not really a "scary" franchise with an actual monster, unless you count cloaked pigs or a puppet on a tricycle. Even though there are a multitude of traps to choose from, not all of them are logically practical- in other words, "themepark friendly" (by that i mean in recreation & needing to be showcased every few seconds for several hours multiple nights for over a month).

SAW will be great (hopefully). I've seen a video of Hollywood's & the BTS video on the bluray, but I'll still partially be comparing it to Orlando's 2009 version (which wasn't terrible, but suffered greatly due to its location). Scares were minimal for Orlando, so I'm hoping they're present here... even if it is mostly from cloaked pigs

You make a great point about many of the traps not being themepark/ maze friendly. Never thought of that. But there's definitely some mazes I think could easily be switched out with the previously used mazes, mostly just switching out traps in which victims are tied down or sitting down. These aren't scary but it will still feel fresh and different. I'm totally fine with cloaked pigs and Billy on a tricycle, I'm actually really looking forward to them. In 2010 Saw was the scariest maze to me ( probably because I had a great walkthrough with no one in front of me) and I'd really hope that I get scared repeatedly by them in this new maze. I was expecting this to be the gory maze this year but Roanoke sounds like it might be as well. 

"By the pricking of my thumbs...something wicked this way comes."

Final announcement today. Murdy should announce it any second now. Yes, Yes, Yes.

19 minutes ago, StraightEdge said:

"By the pricking of my thumbs...something wicked this way comes."

Final announcement today. Murdy should announce it any second now. Yes, Yes, Yes.

Most announcements have been at a specific time on the hour so I say sit back for the next 13 minutes and we'll finally know what's inside this Blumhouse of Horrors 

Slight Miscalculation. Let's say we try this again in another 57 minutes? 

Edited by HorrorNightsFan13
  • Like 1

I was really hoping for one or a few more properties in the Blumhouse of Horrors. But I'm looking forward to Sinister. I really liked the first film, haven't seen the second... YET. I'll make sure to do that now. I'm also looking forward to see The Purge get a maze treatment. I'll make sure to go see Happy Death Day in theaters now too lol

But all the mazes have been announced, I think everything has been announced so far. Maybe besides another scare zone announcement. Now we WAIT for the event to come...

That's it guys! Speculation season is over! Everything is revealed! 2017 seems like a solid year for the most part. What's everyone's anticipation list? 

The Shining

Ash vs. Evil Dead

Titans of Terror 

American Horror Story: Roanoke

Insidious: Beyond the Further

Saw: The Games of Jigsaw

The Horrors of Blumhouse

• Like 1

Im pretty happy with this lineup.  And this year is my 10th year going to HHN  (Only missed 06 and 10) i cant wait for this years event and know murdy will do it right. Here here to HHN 2017!!!

Most of the lineup stinks this year, but I'm sure it will be good.

Also congrats to StraightEdge, it sounds like he might finally go to HHN this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

That's it guys! Speculation season is over! Everything is revealed! 2017 seems like a solid year for the most part. What's everyone's anticipation list? 

The Shining

Ash vs. Evil Dead

Titans of Terror 

American Horror Story: Roanoke

Insidious: Beyond the Further

Saw: The Games of Jigsaw

The Horrors of Blumhouse

Shining blumhouse and titans.

6 hours ago, StraightEdge said:

I'm also looking forward to see The Purge get a maze treatment.

Maybe besides another scare zone announcement.

Despite what the event map says, The Purge got a maze treatment last year with the "Guantlet of Fear". It had an entrance & an exit. All it needed was a queue.

There are only 3 scarezones- Hell-o-Ween, Toxic Tunnel, & Urban Inferno. There won't be another announced.

5 hours ago, StraightEdge said:

8 MAZES

8 MAZES

We had 8 mazes last year when you include TWD attraction & "The Purge: Gauntlet of Fear".

12 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

Despite what the event map says, The Purge got a maze treatment last year with the "Guantlet of Fear". It had an entrance & an exit. All it needed was a queue.

There are only 3 scarezones- Hell-o-Ween, Toxic Tunnel, & Urban Inferno. There won't be another announced.

We had 8 mazes last year when you include TWD attraction & "The Purge: Gauntlet of Fear".

hey wesker, weird question but what scenes do you want to see in the mazes this year

1 hour ago, WESKER69 said:

I would count TWD Attraction since it was new, but I wouldn't count the Purge gauntlet as a maze. It just seemed like a half-a**ed outdoor wannabe maze

I'm feeling like Shining and AvED will be the best mazes and everything else will feel too familiar (or unfamiliar due to the films not being released) to be memorable. But I'm still super excited! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bggrenville813 said:

I wouldn't count the Purge gauntlet as a maze. It just seemed like a half-a**ed outdoor wannabe maze

Outdoor maze, yes. half-assed, no. It actually had very good execution & an extremely great cast. The only thing that would've improved it would have been to add a few more scareactors. They could've had 3 differently themed scarezones & then "Gauntlet of Fear" be the ONLY Purge themed thing last year. It would've been the smarter & less obvious budget-cutting move.

3 hours ago, themazethinker said:

hey wesker, weird question but what scenes do you want to see in the mazes this year

weird answer... but for which mazes? lol

From what it sounds like Shining is gonna be a little abstract; beyond excited for this year and in my opinion this is the best lineup

3 minutes ago, wow said:

From what it sounds like Shining is gonna be a little abstract; beyond excited for this year and in my opinion this is the best lineup

Abstract meaning we should expect more visualizations than scare actors or...?

14 minutes ago, Barbie06 said:

Abstract meaning we should expect more visualizations than scare actors or...?

Abstract as in an entire room dedicated to All Work and No Play from what I've heard

• Like 1

21 hours ago, StraightEdge said:

I was really hoping for one or a few more properties in the Blumhouse of Horrors. But I'm looking forward to Sinister. I really liked the first film, haven't seen the second... YET. I'll make sure to do that now.

Being one who also really enjoyed the first Sinister, only watch the second one if you wanna' laugh. Since it's nothing but hot garbage that falls into every sequel trap.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WESKER69 said:

Outdoor maze, yes. half-assed, no. It actually had very good execution & an extremely great cast. The only thing that would've improved it would have been to add a few more scareactors. They could've had 3 differently themed scarezones & then "Gauntlet of Fear" be the ONLY Purge themed thing last year. It would've been the smarter & less obvious budget-cutting move.

weird answer... but for which mazes? lol

i more meant any maze you want to see, lol