HHN is really a numbers game. Everything matters when it comes to placement of the mazes. For example, the maze that had the longest consistent queue wait time was AHS. Throughout the even the queue had to be closed several times per night because more people could not be held. Freddy v Jason had the same problem. My theory is that because they were in the backlot, and people had to walk close to a mile to get to them, they wanted to stay there longer and visit the mazes more than one time, since they wouldn't want to walk route 666 more than once. Those two mazes were by far the most popular last year.

AHS, AVE, and the Shinning will be in the backlot.

Saw will be where Exorcist was last year.

Insidious will be at JP. 

TOT will be upper lot possibly where Halloween was 2015

Conjuring replacement will be at waterworld. 

The space where Krampus was last year will be given to the smallest maze. Waterworld queue will be given to the largest maze. AHS should be second largest. Universal Plaza will be third largest. They will put the least popular IP in the backlot with the two most popular IPs. 

57 minutes ago, wow said:

Really? I guess it's because of the distance between Freddy and Jason's mazes vs Leatherface's that made it seem like one had more than the others. Micheal's houses seem to be the highest rated, Freddy's seem to be fan favorites, Jason's seem to be ok, and Leatherface's seem pretty good too. I'm most excited to see the facade, I think it might be the poster that they were using last year for the Titans but in facade form

For the first two Freddy, Leatherface, and Jason mazes they were actually all together, 2007 and 2008. Michael came in 2009. Then in 2010 Freddy and Jason came back. Leatherface came back in 2012 as a replacement for American werewolf in London. Michael came back in 2015. Then they all came together in 2016 and possibly stuck around for 2017. 

If Titans is truly the maze replacement, I don't think the facade will be the poster. I think John will do something much more original/creative with it. And if it is based off of All Nite Die In then it could be a movie theater of sorts, not exactly a drive in because they don't wanna copy Orlando exactly 

38 minutes ago, JonaMar said:

HHN is really a numbers game. Everything matters when it comes to placement of the mazes. For example, the maze that had the longest consistent queue wait time was AHS. Throughout the even the queue had to be closed several times per night because more people could not be held. Freddy v Jason had the same problem. My theory is that because they were in the backlot, and people had to walk close to a mile to get to them, they wanted to stay there longer and visit the mazes more than one time, since they wouldn't want to walk route 666 more than once. Those two mazes were by far the most popular last year.

AHS, AVE, and the Shinning will be in the backlot.

Saw will be where Exorcist was last year.

Insidious will be at JP. 

TOT will be upper lot possibly where Halloween was 2015

Conjuring replacement will be at waterworld. 

The space where Krampus was last year will be given to the smallest maze. Waterworld queue will be given to the largest maze. AHS should be second largest. Universal Plaza will be third largest. They will put the least popular IP in the backlot with the two most popular IPs. 

Double post... but I believe you are misinformed with venues...

The two mazes we have confirmed now, The Shining and American Horror Story already have confirmed venues. AHS is staying in the same spot. But The Shining is actually the maze by the mummy where The Exorcist was and that is confirmed by John Murdy. 

The Conjuring replacement would be Titans of Terror... so it can't be in Waterworld and in Parisian Courtyard. But john did say the replacement for The Conjuring, Uber Fan, will be located in Waterworld.

Venues:

Waterworld: Titans of Terror

Parisian Courtyard: Blumhouse Mashup

The Mummy: The Shining

Jurassic Park: Insidious ch. 4

Metro Sets (Krampus): Jigsaw

747 (outside): Ash vs. Evil Dead

Behind the City Wall: American Horror Story

24 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Double post... but I believe you are misinformed with venues...

Absolutely correct, I hadn't looked into where the confirmed venues would be. 

20 hours ago, wow said:

I agree with all of that. To me Leatherface is the scariest but he's had way too many houses compared to Freddy and Jason. Micheal Myers is starting to get overused too but both of his houses have been highly rated so I'm not too disappointed for his return. I'm surprised this maze is gonna be so small though, 88 pages doesn't like enough for the Titans of Terror combined

Crap I didn't think about the page amount! Hopefully it delivers.

What my source has said to me about recent hhn news is that titans will be waterworld, jp is still insidious, Persian is still blumhouse and saw and ash are still happening but what they didn't know was the terror tram, and if you remember chucky's writer or whatever said that chucky would be there at this years event somehow, could it be the terror tram replacing the titans because they're getting their own maze?? This is all obviously speculation so don't attack me if it isn't true or if I mistook something :) 

3 minutes ago, hhnhart said:

What my source has said to me about recent hhn news is that titans will be waterworld, jp is still insidious, Persian is still blumhouse and saw and ash are still happening but what they didn't know was the terror tram, and if you remember chucky's writer or whatever said that chucky would be there at this years event somehow, could it be the terror tram replacing the titans because they're getting their own maze?? This is all obviously speculation so don't attack me if it isn't true or if I mistook something :) 

That seems very likely. Uber fan connects to the design of the facade, so maybe the facade is something that an Uber fan would love? Maybe the big 4 on each corner the facade . Terror tram, idk I enjoyed last years tram because it was original, I'd love to see more originals, but wouldn't mind chucky. 

So Chris Galindo on the forums confirmed some news:

(1) All Nite Die In will not be a maze, and the Titans are still on the tram

(2) Chucky will not be a Terror Tram, it will actually be a maze. At the moment it is unknown if it will be like Orlando's 09 maze or based off Cult of Chucky. However this is the (speculated) lineup at the moment:

- Chucky; Waterworld Queue

- Blumhouse of Horrors; Parisian Courtyard

- The Walking Dead; TWD Attraction

- Insidious Chapter 4; JP Queue

- The Shining; Mummy Queue *

- Ash vs Evil Dead; 747 Queue

- Jigsaw; Metro Sets

- AHS Roanoke; FDTD Area *

* = Confirmed

Man these leaks are out of control! Somebody needs to set this stuff straight! 

Galindo has ALOT of credibility behind him as he's the one who has leaked the lineups in the past so him saying Chucky is the maze makes it seem credible. 

On the other hand, hhnhart and JonaMar have both had sources tell them that Titans of Terror is the maze and Chucky is the tram. 

tenor.gif

3 minutes ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

Man these leaks are out of control! Somebody needs to set this stuff straight! 

Galindo has ALOT of credibility behind him as he's the one who has leaked the lineups in the past so him saying Chucky is the maze makes it seem credible. 

On the other hand, hhnhart and JonaMar have both had sources tell them that Titans of Terror is the maze and Chucky is the tram. 

tenor.gif

If I had to guess Chucky makes more sense, with it being a promotional maze for the film. Personally I think if they take the Orlando "funhouse" route this maze will be so awesome and ridiculously fun. Plus, the page count for Wateroworld's maze wouldn't make much sense with the Titans combined. Side note but after seeing the Leatherface trailer I think would've been a decent maze, but repetitive.

Edited by wow

3 hours ago, wow said:

If I had to guess Chucky makes more sense, with it being a promotional maze for the film. Personally I think if they take the Orlando "funhouse" route this maze will be so awesome and ridiculously fun. Plus, the page count for Wateroworld's maze wouldn't make much sense with the Titans combined. Side note but after seeing the Leatherface trailer I think would've been a decent maze, but repetitive.

The main reason I can't agree with this is Maze size. Texas was the BIGGEST maze last year (at least by size). The waterworld queue is going to be used for something BIG. It has a lot of space to work with, and so I just can't imagine that massive space being used for Chucky (mainly because I'm not imaginative enough to think of a large maze concept for it). Also, due to placement, they're going to put a very popular IP there, it's the last maze guests enter before leaving at 2:00+ am. 

10 minutes ago, JonaMar said:

The main reason I can't agree with this is Maze size. Texas was the BIGGEST maze last year (at least by size). The waterworld queue is going to be used for something BIG. It has a lot of space to work with, and so I just can't imagine that massive space being used for Chucky (mainly because I'm not imaginative enough to think of a large maze concept for it). Also, due to placement, they're going to put a very popular IP there, it's the last maze guests enter before leaving at 2:00+ am. 

I agree with you there, which is why I wish they'd have used something different than Chucky or Titans for Waterworld. If it's Titans, I hope they do it right and make it memorable and not a  "best of" of their individual mazes from last year; if that makes sense.  If it's Chucky I hope they go the funhouse route because the new movie looks pretty cheesy. Only reason I'm leaning towards Chucky is because of the page count(88 pages.) Last year's TCM was around the 120 page range and no other maze comes close to that besides Roanoke, Insidious, and the Science Project.. aka Blumhouse.

Heres the page counts for each maze this year:

Jigsaw - 72 Pages

Blumhouse - 132 Pages

Roanoke - 119 Pages

Ash vs Evil Dead - 103 Pages

Chucky/Titans - 88 Pages

Insidious - 121 Pages

The Shining - 71 Pages

Given the page count for this year's Waterworld maze its easy to determine that this years maze will be smaller than TCM was, which is why I'm leaning towards Chucky

Edited by wow

So I also received news from a friend of a friend that Chucky is coming to HHN. I think it was safe to leak because the director or producer (can't remember which) confirmed Chucky would be coming to HHN. Did not confirm if it is a maze or tram though. 

Edited by dereksdominance

Just now, dereksdominance said:

So I also received news from a friend of a friend that Chucky is coming to HHN. I used to work in the theme park industry and most of my friends still do, so I definitely believe this. I think it was safe to leak because the director or producer (can't remember which) confirmed Chucky would be coming to HHN. Did not confirm if it is a maze or tram though. 

The guy who said it would be a maze(Chris Galindo) also confirmed the leaked lineup, which is why I'm trusting him. There's been so many different rumors at this point at the very least we know we can expect to see him and the Titans this year in one way or another

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, wow said:

The guy who said it would be a maze(Chris Galindo) also confirmed the leaked lineup, which is why I'm trusting him. There's been so many different rumors at this point at the very least we know we can expect to see him and the Titans this year in one way or another

You're right. In the end Chris did leak both Chucky and the lineup so it makes complete sense. 

• Like 1

I used to be super pumped for Ash Vs Evil dead, but it completely shifted towards Roanoke. The maze is going to be enormous in size and I can only speculate what they'll put in there. Roanoke was the only season of AHS to actually give me some spooks so I'm definitely looking forward to it. Would love to be cast as a pigman. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JonaMar said:

I used to be super pumped for Ash Vs Evil dead, but it completely shifted towards Roanoke. The maze is going to be enormous in size and I can only speculate what they'll put in there. Roanoke was the only season of AHS to actually give me some spooks so I'm definitely looking forward to it. Would love to be cast as a pigman. 

Ash vs Evil Dead was a maze I thought would he good whether it was on the show or movie, but it will be the comedy house either way. I'm hoping Roanoke can deliver because of the amount of content and with Fox assisting in the maze

27 minutes ago, Arsik_22 said:

Here's the most up to date construction (filmed this today): 

Jesus the Roanoke tent is massive, that maze looks great. Jigsaw's facade looks pretty impressive too, the maze looks pretty big too.

27 minutes ago, wow said:

Jesus the Roanoke tent is massive, that maze looks great. Jigsaw's facade looks pretty impressive too, the maze looks pretty big too.

I think I'm gonna go hike up to the Wisdom tree and get some nice HD shots of the back lot from up there

Just now, JonaMar said:

I think I'm gonna go hike up to the Wisdom tree and get some nice HD shots of the back lot from up there

Nice; got any ideas of what Jigsaw's facade is? All I saw were a lot of pipe looking stuff, but the maze looks very wide. Roanokes facade is the same as last year's but you can see where the Roanoke house is inside and it's huge. Ash vs Evil Dead is pretty hard to tell anything of at the moment, but I assume the facade will be the cabin. 

3 hours ago, wow said:

Nice; got any ideas of what Jigsaw's facade is? All I saw were a lot of pipe looking stuff, but the maze looks very wide. Roanokes facade is the same as last year's but you can see where the Roanoke house is inside and it's huge. Ash vs Evil Dead is pretty hard to tell anything of at the moment, but I assume the facade will be the cabin. 

Jigasaw will probably be a lot like the WD maze, a lot of scare actors behind shit jumscaring you, by that I mean fences. Like, you'll be able to see them but they'll lash out at you in agony. I HOPE TO GOD that they don't completely fuck up Ash vs Evil Dead. Roanoke is what I'm most excited for and

SIDE NOTE: I just got my email from Universal, I'm in. 

19 minutes ago, JonaMar said:

Jigasaw will probably be a lot like the WD maze, a lot of scare actors behind shit jumscaring you, by that I mean fences. Like, you'll be able to see them but they'll lash out at you in agony. I HOPE TO GOD that they don't completely fuck up Ash vs Evil Dead. Roanoke is what I'm most excited for and

SIDE NOTE: I just got my email from Universal, I'm in. 

Congrats! I'm also most excited for Roanoke and JigSaw