Jump to content
hhnfan95

HHN 27 Speculation

Recommended Posts

Just now, Grime said:

 

Ok, they make it seem like "Festival of the Deadliest" is the overall theme of the streets.

 

It's the Hollywood zone. 

 

I think the "Claws will seep everywhere" was just hypeman stuff but who knows at this point?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ForeverEvil1 said:

 

It's the Hollywood zone. 

 

I think the "Claws will seep everywhere" was just hypeman stuff but who knows at this point?

 

 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

Yeah it kinda goes back and forth on itself. Somebody should've proofread that. We'll just have to wait and see. I really hope it's a full fledged scarezone though. And not a half-assed one at that just for the excuse of "no but you see, this scarezone spreads out to all the other scarezones!"

 

Staying optimistic though. I like the idea of Invasion, and it's about time we got something Trick r Treat related. I just wish it wasn't in the most claustrophobic area. But I do think it works best there. Purge, eh. Altars and Festival could be literally anything at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Purge is like an ex.... you think that youve seen for them for the last time and .... ahhhh damn it there  they are again!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Purge is like an ex.... you think that youve seen for them for the last time and .... ahhhh damn it there  they are again!

 

Agree.  The irony is Purge Election Year was the only one of these movies I liked .. it seemed so, so... um , relevant.   But, I don't need to see another Purge scare zone.

 

Thrilled I have an "excuse" to watch Trick r Treat again. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Grime said:

 

 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

Yeah it kinda goes back and forth on itself. Somebody should've proofread that. We'll just have to wait and see. I really hope it's a full fledged scarezone though. And not a half-assed one at that just for the excuse of "no but you see, this scarezone spreads out to all the other scarezones!"

 

Staying optimistic though. I like the idea of Invasion, and it's about time we got something Trick r Treat related. I just wish it wasn't in the most claustrophobic area. But I do think it works best there. Purge, eh. Altars and Festival could be literally anything at this point.

Mascots vs Icons. 

 

I think Festival of the Deadliest is our Soul Collectors. Overall theme seeping into other areas with centralized zone. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Yep... winter... Nov 2nd starts my seasonal depression... HHN is over, Halloween is over, even Dios De La Muertos is over.... then 3 months of shit weather!

........Christmas?........¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

........Christmas?........¯\_(ツ)_/¯

 

get-that-shit-outta-here.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, Scarezones, Scarezones, Scarezones!
'Festival of the Deadliest' sounds creepy, but a bit too vague for me to know what to expect.
Upon learning of the 'Trick 'r Treat' scarezone, I got up and did my happy- dance in the middle of my apartment! That movie's a Halloween tradition for me, I've been waiting so long for them to make it part of HHN, and now I have the chance! I'm definitely getting my picture taken with Sam the very first night! Hopefully we'll see zombie kids and werewolves, too!

I've never been much of a 'Purge' fan, but as I said earlier, one of the Scareactors in that zone is a member of my church young adults group, so I'll give it a shot. Also, 'Election Year' was alright, hopefully Kimmy (Or, as I nicknamed her, "Psycho Candy- Bar Girl") from that movie will make an appearance in the Zone. She was a fun villain, I actually liked her better than the main villains of that film.
'Altars of Horror' sounds like a great idea! My girlfriend has said that she prefers Scarezones over Houses partly because we're allowed to take pictures in Scarezones and take our time in going through them (It's also part of why I was glad that in 2014, Faceoff was a Scarezone rather than the House they got in Hollywood, because that meant I was able to get my picture taken with the Axe- Girlfriend), so a Scarezone devoted to main characters from this year's Houses sounds like something that she and a lot of other people can really get behind.

'Invasion!' sounds hella- cool! It sounds like it'll make a good "Scary/ funny" zone, and S.F. is the perfect location for it! I wonder how they'll make the aliens look?
As for the 'Roaming Hordes' idea, while clowns are a bit overdone, I like that the description seems to specifically imply that they'll be undead clowns. That'll add a new dimension to things.
So, all in all, sounds like a good crop of Scarezones for this year!
 

Edited by Nightcrawler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CNYHHN315 said:

Everyone satisfied now?!?!?! :lol: This year is gonna be FOOKIN awesome

 

Oh yeah. My wallet will be Universal's for a couple of weeks. 

 

I was already excited for The Shining. I mean, I can't wait to see what they do with this. Can't wait to see what they do with my fav season of AHS (Asylum - I know it doesn't fit but a scene from the name game and I would die on the spot). I don't care what anyone says the anthology was extremely well done last year and faithful to the content.

 

I have become an Ash vs Evil Dead fan the last couple of weeks - what a great tv series! A nice combo of gore and humour and easy to watch with 1/2 hour episodes.

 

I might be MORE excited for the scare zones though. I may have to spend an evening in SanFran. 

 

We area 1 month out. Can't wait. An excellent week for marketing. I'm pumped.

Edited by Dog67
I suck at proof reading
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

........Christmas?........¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have always hated Christmas. Im not a religious man, my 8 hours drive to in-laws I dont like, spending an insane amount of money, blah..... but now that I have a couple little ones Im embracing it a lot more. Watching my little girl decorate her own little tree the last couple years with such enthusiasm has brought a literal tear to my eye... Im trying! LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

........Christmas?........¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As a Christian, I like 'em both and celebrate the heck out of 'em both!
I view the Halloween season (Including Horror Nights, of course) as being like taking a safe yet fun wander through the darkness, and the Thanksgiving/ Christmas season as like returning to the light.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Grime said:

 

get-that-shit-outta-here.jpg

 

I could not have said it better.  Thanks Grime

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else disappointed by the scare zones as well? Even within the paragraphs it just sounds lazy. The only zone which I am finding to be interesting will be Invasion. The rest sounds like weak copycats of previous stuff, pretty boring thematically, or odd in execution. Why would we put the characters we will see in IP houses up front. That ruins the surprise.

 

Bummed...weak as hell year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^he's not wrong... while I'm sure some of these SZs will be "decent", it does come across as lazy...

 

Altars of Horror - They claim they've never done this before, except they have... in 2005

Purge - Gee.. way to stick to the plot of the movie with FL being the winning vote to elect the senator so should could do away with The Purge

Trick-R-Treat - Oh hi 2008... they even used the term "inspired by" which is different from "based on". Instead of the Skoolhouse & bus, they have "front doors".

Invasion - Oh look something that is actually NOT a rehash of a previous year

Festival of the Deadliest - Even they don't seem to know what is going on in Hollywood Blvd... womp womp

Roaming Clowns - Um... hi -insert year here- that also had chinsaw wielding clowns.

 

Dear Orlando... after you drop a bomb like the ending of B&T, you should've just done a full site reveal to try & distract the masses. Good luck next year, you're going to need it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Why would we put the characters we will see in IP houses up front. That ruins the surprise.

Huh?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone who knows the IP's knows the characters in them. If they don't, then it's a little preview.

 

It's not like people aren't going to go in The Shining maze because they saw Jack standing on the street with as much as a stage probably. 

 

Obviously, I disagree with your "event outlook" as well. But we've been through that topic so many times already. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WESKER69 said:

^he's not wrong... while I'm sure some of these SZs will be "decent", it does come across as lazy...

 

Altars of Horror - They claim they've never done this before, except they have... in 2005

Purge - Gee.. way to stick to the plot of the movie with FL being the winning vote to elect the senator so should could do away with The Purge

Trick-R-Treat - Oh hi 2008... they even used the term "inspired by" which is different from "based on". Instead of the Skoolhouse & bus, they have "front doors".

Invasion - Oh look something that is actually NOT a rehash of a previous year

Festival of the Deadliest - Even they don't seem to know what is going on in Hollywood Blvd... womp womp

Roaming Clowns - Um... hi -insert year here- that also had chinsaw wielding clowns.

 

Dear Orlando... after you drop a bomb like the ending of B&T, you should've just done a full site reveal to try & distract the masses. Good luck next year, you're going to need it.

He's BAAAAAAAAACK! Or have I missed your posts lately????

 

I love it when CA and yourself get the jimmies rustling!!!! YES!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Anyone else disappointed by the scare zones as well? Even within the paragraphs it just sounds lazy. The only zone which I am finding to be interesting will be Invasion. The rest sounds like weak copycats of previous stuff, pretty boring thematically, or odd in execution. Why would we put the characters we will see in IP houses up front. That ruins the surprise.

 

Bummed...weak as hell year.

Because people want to take pretty selfie pictures with the characters and pose for instagram so that the event can get more likes and more of their idiot friends will buy a ticket. I'm sorry I had a "youth these days" old man moment, but good grief, the transition from "no stopping for photos" to "let's set up a zone FOR photos and freaking EAT DINNER WITH THE CHARACTERS" really grinds my gears.

 

On a positive note, I like that they're turning The Purge area into an actual purge of Universal, not just a re-creation of scenes from the films. Apparently we're going to get rained on with "blood and guts" every once in awhile from those who get a visit from the wood chipper.

 

Invasion sounds like a lot of fun. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad they're finally dispensing some info about the event. It's about damn time. 

 

I still can't believe that this will be the last year for Bill & Ted. My wife and I agreed that if there comes a day when Bill & Ted are gone that we'll stop going. I guess I might be going on that cruise next year. Such sad news.

 

The scare zone names are pretty lazy. But do the names really matter? I don't think so really. I don't know whether to be happy or sad about Trick 'r Treat. I've been hoping for it to make an appearance at HHN for years now (as a house). The fact that it will be jammed into Central Park isn't inspiring my confidence that it will get the showing it deserves. I am looking forward to see it though. 

 

Even though I enjoyed the series, there was no need to bring The Purge back. Why rehash the same theme in the same area again? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

He's BAAAAAAAAACK! Or have I missed your posts lately????

 

I love it when CA and yourself get the jimmies rustling!!!! YES!

You've missed my posts, they're few & far between due to work... Even posted a 4-Part review of last year's HHN Hollywood event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

The scare zone names are pretty lazy. But do the names really matter?

 

I'd normally agree, but when it seems like "lazyness" is the theme of this year. Website sucks, lazy scare zone names with rehashed ideas, lazy marketing, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...