Jump to content
hhnfan95

HHN 27 Speculation

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

I'm Team CA one this one. If they are caving to the PC snowflake crowd they should be ashamed.

 

Its likely because they're canning FFL (Good decision) for HP expansion. 

 

Along with the other stuff.

 

I don't know, I'm saying this from the view of someone who never cared for the show. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the farewell tour because Fear Factor is getting leveled sooner than later. I don't think it has anything to do with a pop culture issue or offending anyone. I personally never loved the B&T show. I have seen it probably half a dozen times and didn't ever love it. I understand it is a tradition for a lot of people and that part sucks, but I won't personally miss it.

 

 

At the very least they're announcing in advance that this is the last year for them. Think of how angry everyone would be if they didn't announce it previously and it was just sprung on the masses during their last show in November. Marketing has been wonky this year, but they are handling this portion correctly.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill & Ted is hilarious and was a respite for people like me who need a break from the scares/chills for during HHN. The fiance and I even made "They have ____ with their tails shirts!" and we reference the show all year long. Heck, we are walking into our wedding reception to "We Will Rock You/Victorious." The only positive thing I see is that Jason Ryan Perry (Ted 2008-2015) may be returning this year. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Yeah this year is horrible for HHN.

 

* Bad marketing (that literally was mocking fans)

 

* Shit website

 

* Bad Soul Collectors idea

 

* Non-cohesive theme

 

* Average IPs at best and mildly interesting scarezones at best

 

* B&T is gone - and this kills me. The show was very popular. If they said it's because pop-culture moves too fast that's a bullshit argument. Pop-culture ALWAYS changes, it's no different. If it got "too hard" to write for then that's tough for them and it's time to hire new writers. I gua-ran-fucking-tee it's because they pulled it since it wasn't politically correct enough and got all the sensitive losers upset.

 

Talk about an off-year.

Did you not see Legacy saying how good the houses will be this year? I know you filter out anything positive but yeah. Your first year was 2004 (the era where EVERYTHING was perfect :rolleyes:) and there wasn't really a cohesive theme, plus in your wishlist at the beginning of the thread, you said please no clowns or zombies. So other than the obvious reason, I have no idea why you hate the idea of Soul Collectors. Oh and if they did Tales of Terror this year you'd complain to no end about Storyteller being slapped on by marketing over Terra Cruentas.

 

I agree with you about PC though. Everyone, left and right, is offended by something nowadays.

 

Also JungleSkip says there's another shoe waiting to drop. Very worried it's a non-screen ride. If it's not MIB or Mummy, I can rest easy. Hope to god it's T2.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moving along though: who here went to HHN when it was at Islands? Was it any good there? With all the construction plans, it looks like HHN at Islands may be making a comeback. It's so heavily themed though I'm interested to hear how that worked. 

 

8 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

On a happier note, pumpkins have appeared in the Central Park trees.

Pumpkins back in Central Park is the best news I've heard all week! Yesssss!!!!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, criticalanalysis said:

Yeah this year is horrible for HHN.

 

* Bad marketing (that literally was mocking fans)

 

* Shit website

 

* Bad Soul Collectors idea

 

* Non-cohesive theme

 

* Average IPs at best and mildly interesting scarezones at best

 

* B&T is gone - and this kills me. The show was very popular. If they said it's because pop-culture moves too fast that's a bullshit argument. Pop-culture ALWAYS changes, it's no different. If it got "too hard" to write for then that's tough for them and it's time to hire new writers. I gua-ran-fucking-tee it's because they pulled it since it wasn't politically correct enough and got all the sensitive losers upset.

 

Talk about an off-year.

No doubt they're going to go out with a bang though. It is, after all, an election year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phase 3 has been known about for years. Did anyone really think Uni wouldn't move up the timetable to compete with Star Wars?

 

Fear Factor will be leveled to make way for the MoM.  Add in the Forbidden Forest and it's the one-two Potter punch to show up Disney. 

 

Nintendo is taking out a large portion of KZ. Animal Actors will go as well. (The sprungs are safe to my knowledge and everyone keeps forgetting about B79B which should be complete. That's the new parade building)

 

There is no where to put B&T. The show is outdated. Bill & Ted (no matter how dear they were to our childhood) are not known. This is a business decision that makes total sense. 

 

Deep breaths everyone. Everything will be fine. The event will continue. 

 

Editted to add: The Potter Xmas announcement clued me in months ago the Phase 3 had be pushed up. Mike stated there would be more news later this year. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we can get a Lagoon show for next year then? Remember HHN16s show on the bubbles???? So bad ass!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mystiquephreeq said:

Fear Factor will be leveled to make way for the MoM.  Add in the Forbidden Forest and it's the one-two Potter punch to show up Disney. 

 

What's MoM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's reasonable to believe the show is just retiring because they will be getting rid of FFL stage.  Nintendo land is going to be built well into the backstage areas of kid-zone/parade building area.  They built a new parade float building further back so they can raze the original parade float building after HHN so they can break ground on Nintendo land.  There are also several office buildings in that area.  It also looks like Nintendo land might take up the space currently occupied by the sprung tents.  Theres plenty of space back there for queues and to build a new parade float style building or place new sprung tents.  Hell you might even speculate having the new Tent 3 behind MIB was a good test run for the location.  I think that would partially solve the of where the houses are going to go in the coming years.  That may also explain why they aren't just moving to the animal actors stage because that's allegedly getting razed too.  I speculate that FFL is getting torn down to accommodate more office buildings/new sprung tents, and if they want to do another show in the future they can use a soundstage or something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully this means more small stage shows, a la Bayou of Blood, in scare zones. I'd like to see more cohesion within the shows and story lines in the future. Especially shows that add to the atmosphere or theme. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess I'm in the minority, but B&T was funny in 1990 and I'm more than ok with it being turfed.

 

Went last year - was meh, simply ok. In no way memorable. A break, chance to sit down. In fact this was the only thing along with chance that I didn't enjoy last year.

 

AoV totally destroyed B&T and im guessing by the crowds lots of other paying customers felt the same. 

 

Looking forward to the replacement and I hope to never see it again at HHN. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My only thought now is that whatever is left to announce better be absolutely fantastic even on paper. Holding out hope for that. 

 

What's the last IP we're missing at present?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Alice said:

My only thought now is that whatever is left to announce better be absolutely fantastic even on paper. Holding out hope for that. 

 

What's the last IP we're missing at present?

 

Blumhouse.

 

So probably looking at the originals as the kip-up announcement.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alice said:

My only thought now is that whatever is left to announce better be absolutely fantastic even on paper. Holding out hope for that. 

 

What's the last IP we're missing at present?

 

Blumhouse. 

 

Personally, the best strategy for Blumhouse is to announce the house and the Purge street. Market all Blumhouse together. 

 

That leaves TrT as the only IP left to announce. Announce that street, then the remaining houses and streets. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the Bill & Ted news sucks, but isn't exactly surprising.  Probably starting about 5 years ago, it seems like my group outgrew it...all the references were over our heads.  Because, well, we're old now.  But last year I thought was the best in quite some time.  But when we went to see it was the first time we ever saw it not FULL.  Years past, we'd wait in line to see the show and not make it in for that one and have to wait another hour.  Last year they were only letting people sit in the center section and were trying to stop you from going to the sides...when the video fails started showing, people started leaving the middle and heading towards the sides.  Seems like the show is losing people to attrition and getting old and having families and stuff and the next gen of people going aren't so into it.  Can't wait to see what they replace it with.

 

Glad they are announcing it now instead of it being a surprise next year so it can have a proper send off. 

 

I find it quite interesting that people who have complained about AoV not being Horror Related are up in arms about this comedy show going away :) 

 

 

Edited by Oysterhead00
Translated some gibberish to english
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my god, there really ARE pumpkins in the trees.  Ok - I wasn't sure if the comment earlier about that was true, or if it was a comment made to get everyone to change the subject we were probably not supposed to be discussing.   :)   My apologies for the cynic in me not believing it. I just saw the pic on Twitter.  This makes my whole day.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, hunnylvr said:

Oh my god, there really ARE pumpkins in the trees.  Ok - I wasn't sure if the comment earlier about that was true, or if it was a comment made to get everyone to change the subject we were probably not supposed to be discussing.   :)   My apologies for the cynic in me not believing it. I just saw the pic on Twitter.  This makes my whole day.

 

You know I love the pumpkins just as strongly as you do.  I'm excited.  However...I'm tempering my expectations.  I was psyched learning they were coming back for 25 but was then disappointed that they were more or less mixed in with the 24 BoB tree lanterns.  I strongly remember having a meh reaction.  We shall see.  Again, I'm still excited.  Out of all the shit HHN can recycle, these pumpkins have to be the cheapest reusable item that can give such a wow factor.

 

Now...if it's not only grand scale pumpkins but they're also synced with music a la 2008...winner year right there! 

Edited by Pandry
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pandry said:

Out of all the shit HHN can recycle, these pumpkins have to be the cheapest reusable item that can give such a wow factor.

 

Agree!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BTW, what is this new sorcery on the site?  How do I determine to either like, thank, give a trophy??

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Pandry said:

 

You know I love the pumpkins just as strongly as you do.  I'm excited.  However...I'm tempering my expectations.  I was psyched learning they were coming back for 25 but was then disappointed that they were more or less mixed in with the 24 BoB tree lanterns.  I strongly remember having a meh reaction.  We shall see.  Again, I'm still excited.  Out of all the shit HHN can recycle, these pumpkins have to be the cheapest reusable item that can give such a wow factor.

 

Now...if it's not only grand scale pumpkins but they're also synced with music a la 2008...winner year right there! 

 

I loved the whole setup there in 25.  It was beautiful.  I spent a LOT of time in that scare zone.  

 

Would it be awesome to have it sync with music?  Sure!!  But just having them there at all changes the whole feel of the thing.  They should ALWAYS be there.  I don't care wtf the scare zone is.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...