Sign in to follow this  
King_K.

HHN 26: Dead Man's Wharf

gt8pOu7.jpg

" When a fishing vessel named Annabel Lee never returned to the harbor and was lost forever, the wharf was left uninhabited as a memorial to her. Now, a strange fog has rolled into the village. And the long-lost fishermen’s spirits seek to punish the town that left them."

lVzwS77.jpg

12 minutes ago, criticalanalysis said:

Wonder will this will be!? Sounds like the type of zone that'll be atmospheric as hell.

Involves water, probably San Fran?

• Like 1

With the docks and boats, it's pretty safe to assume it'll be SanFran. I hate that location, but I'm a sucker for wharfs and that age of fishing so the setting may have me loving a zone for the first time there.

People are going to be climbing the shit out of that thing. Lord have mercy it looks good though. Good luck to the coordinators.

"Now, a strange fog has rolled into the village." 

I hope they use a ton of fog effect in this scare zone. It's probably going to be tough to pull it off in the SF area of the park though. It's fairly wide open over there. 

• Like 1

Yeah, basically, and what's even funnier is that The Fog was also the story used for The Forsaken house in 2011. Maybe we'll see the green-eyed ghouls return in this zone...

• Like 1

I wonder why they chose a random Poe reference for the ship though. I mean yeah Halloween and they Poe house a few years ago, but just seems kinda random IMO. 

I wonder if the reanimated fisherman will be your run of the mill zombie or if they'll be more of a mutation type like the crew of the Flying Dutchman (Pirates of the Caribbean).

• Like 1

I've heard it's a Lovecraftian "deep ones" type deal. But that was last year and may be wrong.

4 hours ago, ThNdIzNiR said:

I wonder if the reanimated fisherman will be your run of the mill zombie or if they'll be more of a mutation type like the crew of the Flying Dutchman (Pirates of the Caribbean).

As long as it's not I Know What You Did Last Summer it should be awesome

After seeing the artwork, I'm starting to dislike this zone. I have a feeling it will be a "zombie aftermath as a result of a shipwreck"

2 hours ago, hhnfan95 said:

After seeing the artwork, I'm starting to dislike this zone. I have a feeling it will be a "zombie aftermath as a result of a shipwreck"

It's just logo artwork, you'll be fine.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, King_K. said:

It's just logo artwork, you'll be fine.

Hope you're right

6 minutes ago, SeaBass said:

What? Where were the scares?

This was probably right at the beginning when the zones weren't being manned yet.

10 hours ago, ForeverEvil1 said:

This was probably right at the beginning when the zones weren't being manned yet.

Makes sense, I just saw a vid with scareactors. 

The zones look a little meh this year, but I haven't experienced them first hand so I can't complain.

• Like 1

This zone wins for atmosphere right now. There's a ton of set dressing and fog shoved into a very small area, which makes it incredibly cool to walk through. The actors are still working out the scares, but this zone has a ton of potential.