Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Jimmy

Halloween Horror Nights 2016 (Japan)

I'm not sure about calling this HHN 5 as they had haunted houses at USJ in 2002 and scare zones in 2011, but anyway here is the reveal for USJ Halloween Horror Night 2016. HALLOWEEN REBOOOOOOOOORN!!!!!!!!!

img_night01-cont01.png

img_night01-cont02.png

img_night02.jpg

img_night01-cont04.png

img_night01-cont05.png

img_night01-cont06.png

img_night01-cont07.png

img_night01-cont08.png

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Universal Studios Japan will keep The Wizarding World of Harry Potter open during their Halloween events this year.

And although what goes on in that area will be separate from HHN and the daytime event - there will be Harry Potter themed Halloween stuff going on in there! This is a first for any Universal park worldwide!

Daytime will see Magical Trick or Treating and at night the Death Eaters Attack!!!

main_0.jpg

main_night.jpg

main_day.jpg

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Dr. Jimmy said:

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Universal Studios Japan will keep The Wizarding World of Harry Potter open during their Halloween events this year.

And although what goes on in that area will be separate from HHN and the daytime event - there will be Harry Potter themed Halloween stuff going on in there! This is a first for any Universal park worldwide!

Daytime will see Magical Trick or Treating and at night the Death Eaters Attack!!!

main_0.jpg

main_night.jpg

main_day.jpg

That's fucking incredible!!!

Reveal of Hhn Japan 2016

whoa just came to do video on the reveal. I'm going to be out there as much as I can during Halloween Horror Nights. If you want to see video of the event and of this death eater thing, keep an eye posted on my YouTube channel. 

Search yukendoit on YouTube for some Japanese goodness!

• Like 1

Carefully perusing the USJ HHN site again I now realize that although Tatari is located in what is being called J Horror Area (at top of the park where BTTF used to be) it is also clearly listed as a Horror Maze.

Tatari is a house! That makes 5 houses this year for USJ  (4 plus 1 extreme house) which I think is a record.

So it's a house surrounded by a new J Horror Area or a house with an attended scare zone.

Here is some new artwork from the site for the J Horror Area:

main.jpg

On August 10, 2016 at 8:49 PM, Dr. Jimmy said:

Carefully perusing the USJ HHN site again I now realize that although Tatari is located in what is being called J Horror Area (at top of the park where BTTF used to be) it is also clearly listed as a Horror Maze.

Tatari is a house! That makes 5 houses this year for USJ  (4 plus 1 extreme house) which I think is a record.

So it's a house surrounded by a new J Horror Area or a house with an attended scare zone.

Here is some new artwork from the site for the J Horror Area:

main.jpg

It's actually behind the area where the back to the future building is. They built a large square building there last year. But there are sound stages back there that are probably used. But next time I'm there I'll take a gander.

Ok so I might be alittle out of the loop when it comes to the state of Harry Potter being used in the American parks. Without the truly knowing the cause of why Harry Potter isn't used, other then some conjecture with J.K Rolling seeing someone puke in front of her and she was met with disgust for the event. But regardless, somehow... SOMEWAY.... Harry potter is being used in a Harry aspect over here. During the day there will be trick-r-treating and all will be good. But at night you better watch out because the Death Eaters are coming for you. 

Cheesy loglines out of the way, HOW DOES JAPAN get this and not the American parks? I'd love to hear your thoughts and opinions on this. Also you can watch the video that I made on this subject to get a more indepth detail. 

DeathEaters-800x400.jpg

• Like 1

They will be using a "dead man button" for the extreme house Trauma, guests can see whether or not they can make it through the maze without releasing the switch!

Cp-rA09UkAIs5t-.jpg

A Halloween Premium Lunch is being offered, I guess during the daytime event? Not certain where though.

premium_tit.jpgpremium_p01.jpgpremium_p03.jpgpremium_p04.jpgpremium_p05.jpg

A rather perfunctory English Halloween site is now available (and hard to find!) but it gives English names for some of the houses. Tatari: Curse of the Living Doll and Trauma 2: The Experimental Hospital Ward of Horror.

Apparently the haunted attractions are "Cursed Attractions" and Sadako is confirmed in T2 and there are 2 Gekko no Kaidan attractions one in the 4D Theatre and one in Backdraft.

img_main_pc.jpg

EDIT: The English language page reveals that although the daytime event begins on September 9, 2016, Halloween Horror Night 2016 will not begin until 6:00PM on Saturday September 10, 2016. 

On 8/17/2016 at 2:37 PM, Dr. Jimmy said:

EDIT: The English language page reveals that although the daytime event begins on September 9, 2016, Halloween Horror Night 2016 will not begin until 6:00PM on Saturday September 10, 2016. 

Yeah the outdoor stuff starts at 6pm, but the haunts open at about noon. The park still closes around 9 or 10pm during hhn as most people take the trains.

The first video promo for USJ HHN 2016:

A second promo features a tough guy, Mister Black Jack aka Masuhiro Chono a notorious professional wrestler in Japan confronting the Zombies at USJ HHN and getting scared.

On 8/17/2016 at 2:37 PM, Dr. Jimmy said:

They will be using a "dead man button" for the extreme house Trauma, guests can see whether or not they can make it through the maze without releasing the switch!

Cp-rA09UkAIs5t-.jpg

I just did a walkthrough to check out whats being added for Halloween Horror Nights out there. Not much has changed but it's a great overview of the park. Dr. Jimmy, I name drop you in this. https://youtu.be/8XF1ruUxwx8 

• Like 2

Here's the promo video for Harry Potter Halloween!

Apparently this starts on Wednesday, September 14th for some reason.

https://youtu.be/lbl1WiNyS_4

So above is video for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights at Universal studios Japan. You might notice that theres no video of the Haunted Houses or any people from the scarezones. This is because on the opening day of Halloween Horror Nights Universal Studios Japan did something very interesting. They advertised that today was the start of the event, but it was only the daytime event apparently, this was not reflected in English well at all. The haunted houses and scarezones did however open after 6:30pm for a private event, that was not mentioned at all as well. The only way you could have possibly figured this out, which I slowly figure out in the video, is walk in to the park on the first day. Look at the map, which comes out on the first day of the event. Turn to the scary section and then find a small * saying it starts the day after the advertised day.

From a stand point of someone who has an annual pass, I suppose this isn't that big of a deal. I still got to see what is to come and what haunted houses were where. But as a one time visitor not knowing any Japanese or prior knowledge this would have been pretty upsetting. But c'est la vie I'll try to get out there tomorrow and get some footage of the real deal.

Um, I believe I posted back in August that I found the English language page for the Event and the dates they started.

Click on the link below and see what I said then at the bottom of the post. 

Hello all you wonderful people and greetings from the land of the rising sun. Please take this review with a grain of salt, as it does take a lot to startle me in haunted houses and similar situations. After six years in the industry, it tends to do that to you. But regardless, I was there at USJ for the first day of the event and it was Uber fun. I arrived at noon to the park, by this time the timed entry tickets had been given out roughly 3-4 hours before hand which meant, I was not going to do the Exorcist or Nightmare on Elm Street on my first visit to HHN. These tickets are free but they go fast and you need them to see everything at hhn. Somethings to remember about this event, the indoor scary stuff starts at noon, the rides if they change switch around 6, the scarezones start at 6, and the park closes at 9 or 10. I first jumped in line to see Chucky's Horror Factory 3.

It was a returning haunt from last year with a couple of minor changes. After passing under a welcome sign you are in the main lobby of what looks like "The Good Guy" toy factory. A victim emerges while your waiting in line to warn you not to go in that it's dangerous. You are then are put into a small group, yes the pulse you through the house, passed broken toy boxes. A wall of them almost falls on you before chucky in his doll visage pops out them. The next room appears to be an office room, the main static feature in the room is a staff worker whose body is slumped over a desk, a chainsaw stuck where his head should be. Staff workers pop out of doors with Chucky attached to their head. As they shake their head trying to get him off. You go down a hallway that has posters of the previous child play films. Some of the are drop down windows with chucky behind them. Then you go into a new yorkish decrepted alleyway. Filled with what I could only assume is Chucky's converts that are working at the factory. They have greyed overalls and gas masks. They hide behind the doors the line the alleyway waiting for anyone to come by. The next room is all Chucky's converts, whom I will refer to as CC's from here on out.  Please don't confused with the pizza place. There are body parts hanging from the wall and victims inside this room. One is tied down to a chair and one of CC's, I hope your not thinking about pizza, takes a chainsaw to her leg claiming it for himself. They use their tools to bang and frighten the passers through. The next room is covered in what feels like doll fur and stuffing as you walk over it you the wall next to you comes alive and someone trapped in the wall reaches out for you. The next room finds you back with the CC's in a freezer they are keeping the bodies frozen for what reason? To eat them? To use them for an elborate game of Jenga? I'm not to sure but there's a lot of intestines in your face that you have to knock out of your way. You see a room with doll cases, housing semi-humanoid creatures in them, some have hands were their feet should be. This is all fine and dandy until a couple of them come alive and charge at you in their cases. The room slopes down and it seems like you are in a maintance shaft with chucky laughing at you as you duck to go through. Then the CC's push you though into a room that has a victim in it. He is banging on the only exit out. The group gets locked in the victim walks behind a wall and a rear projection shows him and a girl attacked by Chucky, literally cut in half. Then Chucky comes riding on someones back and cuts their head off, sending you out the door into the sunlight.

After that I headed over to see that "Tatatri" the Living Doll haunted house. The wait was 100 minutes. Why is this? If you said "Do...do..do they pulse the house?" YOU'D be right! There are three entrances for this house. I assume its pretty much the same in all them. Your group is given a rope which it's your goal to hold onto the entire time. You walk up to traditional Japanese house with a door handle. I was leading the group and I was tasked with opening the door as soon as you open the door a freaked out gentleman startles you and says well alot of things my Japanese wasn't good enough to catch it all something about dolls and how you shouldn't look at one directly in the eyes. Well he gives one person in the group a slip of paper. No one wanted it, guess who got it. GIVE IT TO THE GAIJIN IN THE FRONT. From what I understand, you don't want to be the one with this. You are put into the next room which features women praying at a shrine and a crap ton of dolls staring you down. One of the women pops up to startle you and you continue over a bridge passing by the dolls that are eyeing you down. You make it to another room and you pass an empty room on your right a woman who is guesturing shhhh pops out in the front of the room and pushes you back into that empty room on your right. She closes the doors and tries to get the group to be quiet. Pass the doors, you see the shadow and hear the footsteps of a spooky figure as he scrapes his hands along the door. He passes by the room and the woman seems happy. He then busts open the door and a cutrain opens revealing the next room you are suppose to journey through. You are in a room with a MOTHER LOAD of dolls and a doll in the center with a cerimonial rag put over its eyes. This is the one your suppose to avoid any eye contact with, ok check. The doll rises up out of it's resting place revealing its eyes. The room goes dark and the lights come back on revealing a scareactor that chases you out the room. You can see the sunlight you've almost made it out of the house. The wall opens in front of you and a ghost makes one last swipe at you as you leave.

These are the inner details of the haunted houses that I was able to do. I want to go back and do more but if you want to see video of the scarezones and the general atomsphere check out this video!

Tell me what you think!

Also I can't wait to go back to see harry potter.

• Like 1

You literally have the most entertaining videos, thank you so much for these, man!!!!

Scott has had a lot of bad luck trying to see this, rain, typhoons, a weird lottery???

But I was able to find some video that some Japanese person posted at YouTube giving us a glimpse of it until Scott is finally able to show us himself.

Wow these mazes seem a little more interactive than the ones over here in Hollywood. I might be in Japan next year, so I'm definitely pumped to go to that one if I find myself in the country.