Jump to content
mz_

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Recommended Posts

My two cents on how the houses rank after the first weekend:

 

1. Halloween

2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre

3. American Horror Story

4. Krampus

5. Ghost Town

6. Tomb of the Ancients

7. The Exorcist

8. The Walking Dead

9. Lunatics Playground

 

Wasn't crazy about Bill and Ted this year, but Academy of Villains is probably my favorite thing at HHN, not only this year, but from the last few years as well.  Can't wait for Thursday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, TheBlueBlazer said:

My two cents on how the houses rank after the first weekend:

 

1. Halloween

2. Texas Chainsaw Massacre

3. American Horror Story

4. Krampus

5. Ghost Town

6. Tomb of the Ancients

7. The Exorcist

8. The Walking Dead

9. Lunatics Playground

 

Wasn't crazy about Bill and Ted this year, but Academy of Villains is probably my favorite thing at HHN, not only this year, but from the last few years as well.  Can't wait for Thursday!

Best show? Or best thing in general?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I havent tried filming inside the mazes the last 2 years I've attended Orlando's event, but I was wondering are they completely opposed to that or is it fine as long as theres no flash? The show control employees here in Hollywood don't say anything or try to stop the filming. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Arsik_22 said:

I havent tried filming inside the mazes the last 2 years I've attended Orlando's event, but I was wondering are they completely opposed to that or is it fine as long as theres no flash? The show control employees here in Hollywood don't say anything or try to stop the filming. 

Orlando has been pretty strict about no cameras at all in the mazes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Cody said:

Police were called to Tomb of the Ancients about midway through Saturday night. According to a scareactor, a man was caught dragging his unconscious girlfriend's body through the house.

 

Setting the bar high this year, huh?

 

Saw a guy get hauled off in cuffs, driven off in a cruiser. Wonder if the same guy.

 

Later that night, near the end, guy in Monsters Cafe mens room was openly bragging about how he punched a scare-actor but the cops let him go.

 

My fear is that hot, humid weather and ridiculously long lines breed stupidity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SeventyOne said:

 

Saw a guy get hauled off in cuffs, driven off in a cruiser. Wonder if the same guy.

 

Later that night, near the end, guy in Monsters Cafe mens room was openly bragging about how he punched a scare-actor but the cops let him go.

 

My fear is that hot, humid weather and ridiculously long lines breed stupidity.

He may have been bullshitting. The police and security are crap at catching people, but the police will not release someone who committed a crime at the event. Typically as soon as an actor says that they got attacked, the perpetrator (again, if caught) is ejected and potentially arrested. The only time something like this may happen is if Universal security detains someone who manages to walk away while unsupervised, which unfortunately has happened before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SeventyOne said:

 

My fear is that hot, humid weather and ridiculously long lines breed stupidity.

 

You forgot to add booze

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Arsik_22 said:

I havent tried filming inside the mazes the last 2 years I've attended Orlando's event, but I was wondering are they completely opposed to that or is it fine as long as theres no flash? The show control employees here in Hollywood don't say anything or try to stop the filming. 

 

I was always under the impression that any type of pics or filming was prohibited in Orlando.  For whatever reason, during HHN 24 while near the start of a house, I decided to read the warning sign, list of what's not allowed, etc.  It specifically said no "flash" photography of any kind.  I then questioned the team member right there as I wanted to take non flash pics and apparently he never read it in full before either.  We both went with no pics or filming, regardless of flash, to be safe.  I'm then pretty sure last year, just to double check, I read another sign and that one covered all bases about no filming or photography of any kind.

 

We get booze but not filming, you get filming but no booze.  Strange coasts we have.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone on another board mentioned ops was telling people to put away their cameras/phones in the queue way before the entrance to AHS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pandry said:

 

I was always under the impression that any type of pics or filming was prohibited in Orlando.  For whatever reason, during HHN 24 while near the start of a house, I decided to read the warning sign, list of what's not allowed, etc.  It specifically said no "flash" photography of any kind.  I then questioned the team member right there as I wanted to take non flash pics and apparently he never read it in full before either.  We both went with no pics or filming, regardless of flash, to be safe.  I'm then pretty sure last year, just to double check, I read another sign and that one covered all bases about no filming or photography of any kind.

 

We get booze but not filming, you get filming but no booze.  Strange coasts we have.

 

It is really strange, I don't understand why they wouldn't allow that. I'll just try to be sneaky about it and see if I get away with it. Lol At least there's booze though. X)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HHN has a total ban on pictures or videos inside houses except for media privileges. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, georgemoe said:

Someone on another board mentioned ops was telling people to put away their cameras/phones in the queue way before the entrance to AHS. 

How will some people survive not having their phone in their hand for all that time?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Arsik_22 said:

 

It is really strange, I don't understand why they wouldn't allow that. I'll just try to be sneaky about it and see if I get away with it. Lol At least there's booze though. X)

 

The only reason ive heard that recording is not allowed is because people will stop the line  take pics and hold the line. 

But that seems pretty dumb and Hollywood doesnt seem to have that problem .

Thats really the only reason they banned recording ( that i know of)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone would like to see the difference between Orlando's Halloween maze and Hollywoods, here ya go! Enjoy =) 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a bit of a different question from best house, but which house should I do first when I get there in a week? Which house do you think best encompasses the mood of the good parts of this year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

This is a bit of a different question from best house, but which house should I do first when I get there in a week? Which house do you think best encompasses the mood of the good parts of this year?

 

I can't speak on the houses yet because I'm going this weekend, but seems like you should hit American Horror Story first to avoid an insane wait.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I'm flying in Thursday night so it will be around 10:00 before I get into the event.(I have RoF)

I guess it all depends on what you want to do.  With ROF, you have multiple nights.  It's so hard to predict flow nowadays.  My guess is that AHS will have a decent wait time around 10pm.  Maybe head down Hollywood Blvd first and go counterclockwise?  You'll hit two good IPs and an original off the bat with Halloween, TOTA and TCM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have express, I'm not worried about wait, I was just asking which house feels like the best example of what HHN is about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

I have express, I'm not worried about wait, I was just asking which house feels like the best example of what HHN is about.

 

Consesus on that seems to be Tomb of the Ancients.  Although this is the first year since I've been attending where I've heard exceedingly positive reviews for several houses (Tomb, Krampus, Texas Chainsaw, Halloween, Exorcist, American Horror Story, and Ghost Town). 

 

With express, you could hit all those before 1 AM.  I'm also flying in at 9:30 PM Thursday, but think I'm going to rest up for Fri-Sun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you want a true "HHN experience", start off with Ghost Town and American Horror Story. One is an excellent example of an original property (and a sequel to a 2004 house) and the other is an excellent example of Universal putting their funding toward immersive IP houses. They're also both right at the entrance so you can hit them ASAP.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/2/2016 at 7:07 PM, clash said:

 

im sure if a person paid enough uni would do whatever they needed lol. maybe if they get 1000 bucks they will make sure to get you to bill and ted from backstage lol 
But in all seriousness the only thing i dont like is that HHN is already as tame as it is, it is very tame (Compared to other events) and i am afraid the diversity department will try to make it less scary.

Or if they cut down the zones. how can you skip the zone in San Francisco Or the zone in Central Park? there is literally no way to get to Bill and ted without going through a zone... 
Unless they put together a RIP tour where those people would not get any attention from the actors but then again what would be the point????

Whats your solution to seeing Bill and Ted but not being scared as much? 

 

On 9/3/2016 at 8:34 AM, Nightcrawler said:

LOL, maybe get a group with a bunch of big guys who can surround you at all sides when you're going through the Zones?

 

A) I actually found the BEST solution...I started working for the company a couple of weeks ago. Now I just pop in from the back ;)

 

B)That's the funny part...I actually found one since my boyfriend works in Texas. Hung out with all the Leatherfaces one evening before their orientation. It was literally what you described--5-foot-3 me in a crowd of 6-foot-5 burly dudes!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will there be some way to watch the facebook interview with Chance later do you thing? I would watch it now but sadly i cannot spend 24/7 paying attention to HHN.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...