Jump to content
mz_

Halloween Horror Nights 26 Discussion

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, JDW said:

So much nostalgia this year... I wonder who will escort? us through all of it?

 

OK, since nobody else bit, I'll ask the obvious question....Are you hearing rumors of someone returning to usher us around the event?  I vaguely remember someone leaving a message on a prop on the last day of HHN that they'd see us in 26 or something like that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Oysterhead00 said:

 

OK, since nobody else bit, I'll ask the obvious question....Are you hearing rumors of someone returning to usher us around the event?  I vaguely remember someone leaving a message on a prop on the last day of HHN that they'd see us in 26 or something like that.

 

With two BIG movies already announced and multiple more rumored to be announced soon, I feel like the Usher is the best bet this year. I think marketing FINALLY gets the message that fans want Icons. When marketing took control, we lost them. You can create so much more unique merchandise to sell which i'm sure is a driving factor for having Icons back. However I think the main reason is that it is much easier to promote the event when you have a central character you can put on everything. A large face on a billboard is a lot easier to spot than a bunch of different movie titles. It also makes for a much better commercial. Not to mention the fact that fans love them! They really do tie the whole event together even if you don't see much of them inside the park.  

Edited by Badge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2016 at 1:02 PM, JDW said:

So much nostalgia this year... I wonder who will escort? us through all of it?

All I ask for is the Universal Palace Theater original that Silver Screams should've been in 09. If they bring him back and do AND-I 4.0, I will be severely disappointed. I'd rather no house for him at all if it's the only option. But if we get a UPT original, the 2 houses announced, and some other rumored houses, I will be VERY excited for this year. I know it won't feel as epic as last year's anniversary, but I think there's potential for a very strong house lineup this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've heard some but not sure of the veracity of the rumor. It may just be wishful thinking by some studious fans.

I wouldn't mind. I felt he was really our last good icon... not saying anything bad about Luck she was completely misused.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, foREVer56 said:

All I ask for is the Universal Palace Theater original that Silver Screams should've been in 09. If they bring him back and do AND-I 4.0, I will be severely disappointed. I'd rather no house for him at all if it's the only option. But if we get a UPT original, the 2 houses announced, and some other rumored houses, I will be VERY excited for this year. I know it won't feel as epic as last year's anniversary, but I think there's potential for a very strong house lineup this year. 

Mike just gave us his definition of what a "requel" is. Of course it could be anything from any other year but the requel house could very well fit a UPT house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He also mentioned that the codenamed "Cobweb" house is taking over the Tent 1 space (prev. purge). Nice to get confirmation on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...most importantly Mike Tweeted construction begins today and there will be pictures!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don't think UPT is returning this year. I haven't seen or heard anything supporting it, and know for a fact it wouldn't be in Parade if it were.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, King_K. said:

He also mentioned that the codenamed "Cobweb" house is taking over the Tent 1 space (prev. purge). Nice to get confirmation on that.

Figured as much, so TCM is confirmed for Tent 2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, King_K. said:

He also mentioned that the codenamed "Cobweb" house is taking over the Tent 1 space (prev. purge). Nice to get confirmation on that.

 

Well if you look at the blueprint teaser it's pretty clear it was in a tent. I thought it was two but, without context makes it hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Legacy said:

I really don't think UPT is returning this year. I haven't seen or heard anything supporting it, and know for a fact it wouldn't be in Parade if it were.

 

I don't think it will either especially since you nodded how the "requel" house could be from 2004. I was just going along with all the talk about the Usher possibly returning and a UPT house would match the definition Mike gave.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont see the Usher nor the Director coming back.. So can people stop thinking there coming back plz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ecto_Freak said:

I dont see the Usher nor the Director coming back.. So can people stop thinking there coming back plz

well that settles that I guess...

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ecto_Freak said:

I dont see the Usher nor the Director coming back.. So can people stop thinking there coming back plz

 

Well if you don't see it ;)

Sounds like you're bitter that they AREN'T?

I've heard nothing "yay" or "nay" on the subject from any sources. But they've all been pretty quiet. I'm guessing you're right though. No icons. More marketing nonsense. One can hope though right?

 

Oh and we have shots of COBWEB on twitter. Here is a link to what I posted on DD just because it's easier for some reason than linking the HHN twitter post. (Twitter can be infuriating at times) Someone else post it directly if you can, busy at work and all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have any idea what the hashtag BTS on the construction photos. When I click the link on it it's a lot of jpop and I highly doubt that this house is related to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, IheartNARWHALS said:

Anyone have any idea what the hashtag BTS on the construction photos. When I click the link on it it's a lot of jpop and I highly doubt that this house is related to that.

Behind The Scenes. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, IheartNARWHALS said:

Anyone have any idea what the hashtag BTS on the construction photos. When I click the link on it it's a lot of jpop and I highly doubt that this house is related to that.

 

Actually its kpop dont ask me how i know this. xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone hear anything about ROF for this year?? If they do the first 10 again for this year I'm gonna get ripped off that first Sunday of October! Been going the same days for years now.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 More pics of "Cobweb" on the official twitter page.  Looks like something medieval or gothic.  

(I'm a twittidiot...don't use twitter or understand it.  Feel free to edit/repost/delete this if there's a better way to put in their pics!)

 

 

 

Edited by Oysterhead00

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Those walls to me have the look of a continuation of Catacombs.

I dont think so.. I think its something else all together

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jediwhit82 said:

Oh whoops, was cobwebs confirmed to be seperate from the requel?

It hasn't been confirmed confirmed, but this doesn't look like the requel I'm expecting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Legacy said:

It hasn't been confirmed confirmed, but this doesn't look like the requel I'm expecting.

 

Mike did confirm Cobweb isn't the Requel.

 

NIJhQa7.jpg

 

Also, we got a permit for SS 22.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...