Jump to content
Freak

HHN Hollywood 2016 Speculation

Recommended Posts

It seems pretty obvious to me that the monologue that Murdy is writing (and voicing? correct me if I am wrong) that is completely original for this IP maze is a telling of the story of Krampus in the voice of the Grandmother and the reason the facade has so many pages alone in the treatment is because it will appear as if (using projection mapping) that there is a snow storm on the house facade and projections of krampus and his minions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, hhnfanforever said:

It seems pretty obvious to me that the monologue that Murdy is writing (and voicing? correct me if I am wrong) that is completely original for this IP maze is a telling of the story of Krampus in the voice of the Grandmother and the reason the facade has so many pages alone in the treatment is because it will appear as if (using projection mapping) that there is a snow storm on the house facade and projections of krampus and his minions.

 

I wouldn't go as far as the projection thing, but what he's describing does sound like krampus

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we get trick or treat finally but I'm not holding my breath and also fvj wasnt that great of a maze 

sorry not sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Put this in the pot for speculation next year, but Hellraiser may finally have a chance for 2017 as a remake is in the works. Doug Bradley and Clive Barker are back on board.

 

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Clive-Barker-Bringing-Back-Original-Pinhead-Hellraiser-Remake-We-Can-Actually-Support-40018.html

 

The only issue is that it's under Westein. We all know how much of a headache they can be for HHN. Just throwing it out there and hope it works out for next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe I didn't think about this, but I'm pretty sure Wisconson could be Sinister. It involves a movie that Murdy could record and I'm pretty sure it's been requested a lot. I'm not eager for it, but I think that's possible. I don't know of any other property that could work with what Murdy said. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Freak said:

I can't believe I didn't think about this, but I'm pretty sure Wisconson could be Sinister. It involves a movie that Murdy could record and I'm pretty sure it's been requested a lot. I'm not eager for it, but I think that's possible. I don't know of any other property that could work with what Murdy said. 

Murdy has said that he doesn't want to do Sinister because of child labor laws though... most of the scares revolve around children, and that would be quite a lot of short people to hire. I suppose they could do it if they really wanted, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I remember someone asked John about Sinister and he said he would want to do it but to him the only scary characters, besides bagul, are kids and that's what's keeping him back from doing it. As for what Wisconsin could also be, I believe that it is Freddy Vs. Jason but that's just my 2 cents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Krampus is sounding like a pretty solid guess rn. While the environments in the movie could work a lot of them would have to be repeated and non of them are really interesting considering most of them would be rooms in a house. It would make sense for them to take the original route. The monologue outside the house is also very remenicent of both the La Llorona houses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this kinda makes me feel we are on the right track with speculating if we are are right the one "p" is in Krampus and still leaves conjuring, Walking Dead, and FVJ also if correct means Purge is Terror Tran again. 

image.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2016 at 6:10 AM, Grindhousehero13 said:

So this kinda makes me feel we are on the right track with speculating if we are are right the one "p" is in Krampus and still leaves conjuring, Walking Dead, and FVJ also if correct means Purge is Terror Tran again. 

image.jpeg

That's what I was thinking. One P in the maze slate does not include the TT, and with the new movie coming out, it would make sense to take the cheap route (they own the IP, all costumes/props, not much to it) and promote that as "new". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just wanted to point this out there for future that Lionsgate is working on another Saw film. So it is possible that we could see Saw return to HHN Hollywood in the future. this HTML class. Value is http://bloody-disgussaw-lionsgate-begins-developing-next-seq

Edited by HauntJustyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HorrorNightsFan13 said:

^ Let's just stay focused on 2016 for now ;) 

 

this sounds very, very promising. 

AvP 3??? :rolleyes:

 

This should be an IP I'm not anticipating, as out of the ones I'm most confident in guessing will be there (Conjuring, FvJ, Krampus), none of them should be *that* difficult to create. What could be challenging? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, foREVer56 said:

AvP 3??? :rolleyes:

 

This should be an IP I'm not anticipating, as out of the ones I'm most confident in guessing will be there (Conjuring, FvJ, Krampus), none of them should be *that* difficult to create. What could be challenging? 

AHS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, foREVer56 said:

AvP 3??? :rolleyes:

 

This should be an IP I'm not anticipating, as out of the ones I'm most confident in guessing will be there (Conjuring, FvJ, Krampus), none of them should be *that* difficult to create. What could be challenging? 

BOO a Madea Halloween

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking regarding The X-Files he tweeted during the alphabet cryptic crap that the only letters that didn't appear on the shortlist were B, Q & Z meaning the letter X was in there at least once. I can't think of any property with the letter X Murdy would consider now aside from X-Files and that tweet regarding maze #3 which is challenging to create could be the X-Files. I have never seen an episode in my life but I heard it's about aliens and stuff so it could be  challenging like AVP was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first IP to pop into my head that features an X is the Exorcist, which we all know Murdy is dying to do. However, there's a problem obtaining the rights, no? Maybe something's happened for him to finally be able to get the rights? Other than that, I've no idea. Jason X? xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, foREVer56 said:

The first IP to pop into my head that features an X is the Exorcist, which we all know Murdy is dying to do. However, there's a problem obtaining the rights, no? Maybe something's happened for him to finally be able to get the rights? Other than that, I've no idea. Jason X? xD

He denied The Exorcist again this year when he asked what properties people wanted to see so I don't see him putting it on the short list if it's so far fetched with the rights. Speaking of The Exorcist next year could be the year as Fox is releasing a TV adaptation of the book, while it wouldn't be the film it would be based off the same source material.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The rights (I think if I remember correctly it was explained in the Vault days) was with the exorcist entirely not just the movie... I'd imagine it's the same deal like how Stephen King does not want anything related to his work used for Halloween event knotts only got away with Carrie because he was so disconnected from the remake and it was like a reference shoved in a zombie maze. If the rights issue was just with the first movie there would of been ways to get around it like basing it on another part of the franchise like with Scream and Halloween. At least that how I make sense of it.

9 hours ago, Mr.HHN said:

I was thinking regarding The X-Files he tweeted during the alphabet cryptic crap that the only letters that didn't appear on the shortlist were B, Q & Z meaning the letter X was in there at least once. I can't think of any property with the letter X Murdy would consider now aside from X-Files and that tweet regarding maze #3 which is challenging to create could be the X-Files. I have never seen an episode in my life but I heard it's about aliens and stuff so it could be  challenging like AVP was.

The x-files was not just Aliens the main thing was Mulder believes in Aliens but it was like Supernatural where it was a "Monster Of The Week" set up this week mutant hillbillies next week Bigfoot ect ect best thing I can say is Aliens to Xfiles is like Demons are to Supernatural the over all arc gets into it but a lot more variety... If it's still on Netflix I do recommend watching it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Most challenging maze ever"? Hmmm….. the Conjuring and the Walking Dead are no different that what they've done. Krampus and FVJ maybe a little more challenging. The only thing that comes to mind that could be "challenging" would be the X-Files. I haven't watched the show, but it's got aliens in it…which has been a hit for HHN. I think that's a good possibility. 

 

Also from Murdy's Twitter:

 

"Later today I'll be sitting down with my partner Chris to do the first concept session for maze #3 which is a huge creative challenge. For most of the mazes we design, it's pretty clear what the concept is going to be and its just a matter of which scenes make it. This property is a different story. It violates almost every rule we have for what makes a great maze, it requires a different approach. So why attempt it? Because I know the chances of failure are high. It scares the hell out of me that's going to push us to do our best work."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The X-files wouldn't really be challenging at all tbh. The old seasons and the mini series don't really have anything that would be difficult for them to do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He said it violates all their rules. I assume he's talking about these rules:

1. Awareness

2. Settings

3. Characters 

(At least I'm pretty sure those were his rules)

 

I don't think X-Files violates any of these rules. I could be wrong, he could be talking about completely different rules, but this is just my thoughts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...