Sign in to follow this  
Freak

What was the Last Beer You Had?

STRAIGHT EDGE

You're...a little young to be drinking that stuff.

...why would you bother pointing out that you are straight edge, straightedge? We know.

de_1834_lg.jpg

Last beer I had and maybe my favorite beer of all time. It has a very rich malty toffee dark fruit flavor but never actually gets "sweet" or anything like that. 9.7%.

• Like 1

^Sounds like it would be right up my alley. If I ever find it, I'll try to buy that.

Having a Stone Levitation Ale. It's pretty good.

My latest brew. Served at room temperature, it has one heck of a kick but still is very smooth.

Vintage-Ale-485x390.jpg

^WHAT!!!!! :blink: Where'd you get it!? Spill it! I want to try this!

I'm having a Sierra Nevada Ruthless Rye IPA and it's really good. Probably one of the best IPAs I've had. It doesn't have that "fruity" flavor that Stone has.

It's a place called Ramirez Liquor in Pico Rivera they have a TON of hard to find beer I do know they have a sister store in East LA but the area is pretty sketchy other then that I have not seen them anywhere else the best place to try would be Bevmo

My Girlfriend and I are trying this out tonight

716284720_o.jpg

IDK about it but Rogue Brewery has never let me down.

Maple Bacon beer? I think I am in love.

• Like 1

It's a place called Ramirez Liquor in Pico Rivera they have a TON of hard to find beer I do know they have a sister store in East LA but the area is pretty sketchy other then that I have not seen them anywhere else the best place to try would be Bevmo

Hmmm. I think next time I go see my BF in Whittier I'm going to find this place.

• Like 1

It's on a street called Slauson a really good place to find beers you never tried.

BTW Voodoo Doughnut was quit good in my opinion.

I always go down Slauson to get to his place. I'll keep an eye out. What's it near?

Tonight's beverage. Smooth, have to let it warm a little out of the fridge. The apricot flavoring is subtle.

beer_abricot.jpg

Having a Samuel Adams Summer Ale. It was interesting to try out, but I'm not really a fan of it.

Having a Steel Reserve beer. For a cheap domestic beer, it's not bad at all. It tastes a bit similar to a Miller Fortune.

I always go down Slauson to get to his place. I'll keep an eye out. What's it near?

• 9419 Slauson Ave, Pico Rivera
    it's in the same parking lot as an El Pollo Loco and by the McDonalds on Slauson can't miss

Speaking of Rogue never been an IPA fan besides tower 10, but I just might be after I tried Rogue's IPA

2cbd7dd041a2e759117c69d9b795e5a6.jpg

Stone IPA. Classic. Drank it after I met John Carpenter.

• Like 1

Woooah crazy. I'm having the same right now. Representing my northern California roots. If you have not, please check out what else Lagunitas has to offer. A very awesome brewery with a great respect for the craft.

Having a Boatswain chocolate stout from TJ's. Not as good as Fireman's brew (That's a pretty hard porter to beat IMO), but it's still pretty good. I recommend trying it out.

yeah they had it for a while you could only find it at specialty liquor stores or at Grill 'Em All restaurant in Alhambra but honestly unless you are like me and are a fan of Maiden and would like just to have the trooper laying on a shelf somewhere don't buy it! It's not a good beer whats so ever.