Sign in to follow this  
StraightEdge

Weight Lifting

I hit up LA FITNESS for weight training and I want to see if any of you guys weight train as well and your numbers.

I started weight trainin like in late January for football at school. I'm weak lol but aye I'm only 14, 5'9 and weight 159 lbs.

BENCH: rep/135. max/155

SQUAT: rep/205. Max/225

DEADLIFT: rep/225. Max/ 250

What's your guys numbers?

I've done weight lifting a couple of times but as a Cadet Corp Commander I don't focus much on weight lifting,I do more of the old stuff. Push Ups, Sit Ups, 6 inches of the deck, jump squats etc and a hole bunch of military exercises. I'm gonna do weight lifting now that I will be in the Soccer Team in my High School.

• Like 1

BENCH: rep/135. max/155

SQUAT: rep/205. Max/225

DEADLIFT: rep/225. Max/ 250

gNzt0jI.jpg

• Like 3

I've done weight lifting a couple of times but as a Cadet Corp Commander I don't focus much on weight lifting,I do more of the old stuff. Push Ups, Sit Ups, 6 inches of the deck, jump squats etc and a hole bunch of military exercises. I'm gonna do weight lifting now that I will be in the Soccer Team in my High School.
At first I thought it would be pointless for soccer players to weight train, i thought they just needed condition. But I learned that the more muscle you got, the quicker you are, even if it's muscle in your arms shit that can probably get you quicker. My routine: Monday is leg days - squats, way more other stuff Tuesday is chest, arms, back (upper body) - bench, curls, dead lift Wednesday : rest day Thursday - leg days Friday - rest day Saturday - upper body Sunday - rest day I used to power clean but I stopped like a few weeks ago so I'm probably weak on those now :'(

What I like to do is wake up early on Monday mornings to run awhile. I live right next to a park that has a huge tall stone road used just for running I like running there for about 30min. During school days on Mondays I do squats, 6 inches, and play either soccer or football for a couple of hours. Tuesday I do stuff like push ups, sit ups and the old Military exercises. Wednesday I just play sports for a couple of hours. Thursday Rest. Friday I have to do all sorts of Physical Training with the Cadet Corp. Now on Saturdays me and my friends go and practice at our High School. I'm the only one in soccer, they play football. Sunday rest.

I haven't worked my back in 2 weeks and got weak on dead lifts! :'( I can't rep 225 anymore, I can only do it once Or maybe it's that I just needed gloves but it won't do much

I train and compete brazilian jiu-jitsu pretty much constantly (hence my screen name). I have given up on a traditional weight lifting routine. Now its all body weight with a 55 lbs kettlebell and a jump rope.

I have never felt better in my life! Im in my mid 30's now so functional strength and a strong core are priority over the beach muscles as flexibility is more important (plus to compete I have to make weight usually).

A guy named Steve Maxwell has some great videos out there if you want to look up body weight stuff!

By the end of sophomore year, I hope I'm able to bench 2 plates, at least MAX it if anything since right now I just rep one plate

If anyone wants their squats number to increase try the seated leg press, it helped my squat by a lot. Had me repping my max in a week. Also smith machine squatting Increases your free weight squat as well.

I work out some. I'll do some weights and some sit-ups. I don't really record how much I bench press and all of that. I just want to stay fit and take off that gut. The nice part about going to work out is that I walk down to a health club that's literally down the street from where I live.

• Like 1

I wish I had time to get back into it. There was a time when I maxed out at 315lb bench and 45 lb arm curls.

I could probably pick up my 45 lb weights now... but that's about it lol

I can curl the 5 gallon water jugs at work... does that still count.. I have not seen a gym in almost 10 years

In my opinion the best exercise is ruining from clowns with chainsaws :P

Well that's a lot of off season.

Whenever I go to the gym I see this guy with an Umbrella Corp shirt. I feel bad for him.

Well that's a lot of off season.

Whenever I go to the gym I see this guy with an Umbrella Corp shirt. I feel bad for him.

Actually I do that everyday once im walking home from school next to the Sawyer house lol.

I was wrong can still curl the 45. I'm bulking up right now. High cabs and weights. then just before HHN will start cutting.

Even sostill doing cardio now at least thrice a week.

I hate cardio now lol i got no running condiiton now but somehow I still made linebacker last year freshman year. Well now I can rep 235 on squats, still bench 135 but more easier, and I got weaker on dead lifts :/ I hate DEAD LIFTS so much! But I just got to do em

I've been working out in the morning for the soccer team alot! Running 8 miles around the football field at 6:30 with nothing in your stomach but red bull or coffee sucks!

When the doctor said everything would change after 30 i laughed at him. 6 years after 30... I'm not laughing.

I don't have the knees to run anymore. Keeping weight off is 3 times harder as is gaining and keeping muscle.

For cardio, silly to say, but I do Hip Hop abs as its low impact and I still get a work out.

I used to do Insanity... till I blew out me knees doing it. It's essentially just sheer determination to keep up with working out and somehow find the energy to push on.

• Like 1

Do you squat with a Smith machine? Those things are terrible for your joints.
I mostly use the free weight squats but I do use the smith machine too.

I mostly use the free weight squats but I do use the smith machine too.

What is your form? Do you go down until your thighs are parallel with your hips with & your knees outward? Any other way usually messes up your knees.

Edited by TeenagerFromMars