Freak

Halloween Horror Nights (Hollywood) 2013 Speculation/Predictions

I don't think the UMR scarezone will happen. Remember, he already had one idea for a wacky scarezone but it got shut down.

What else is there to do with the HOH anyway and for Figure to do? Unless he's gonna like... "compose a score" for the whole park 0_0 God help us all.

Would UMR as a scarezone be that wacky? The concept has been shown to work once. Although it only worked because it is the most popular concept for the least popular maze...so expansion of the best thing to happen to the worst thing may be a bad call.

I also said something about this maze reminds me of a holiday tradition. That would be a NATIVITY scene...as in NATIVITY IN BLACK...

Oh good one.

The clues this year aren't diabolically hard... they're impossible and on top of that, rather stupid.

• Like 2

UMR Scarezone would probably be kool, I'd have no problem with it. But they'd probably correlate it with the UMR house (HoH, if it is) and I'd be scared they'd make that scarezone the first one. It'd be a mood killer.

Since everyone is pretty sure Rock Icon is Insidious, is there anyone else that isn't excited for Insidious to he a maze? I watched it for the first time last week and I don't know if there is enough there to be made into a good maze. Plus I disliked the movie in general.

Since everyone is pretty sure Rock Icon is Insidious, is there anyone else that isn't excited for Insidious to he a maze? I watched it for the first time last week and I don't know if there is enough there to be made into a good maze. Plus I disliked the movie in general.

Insidious chapter 2 comes out next month. I'm sure when they do insidious they'll have shit from both movies. From just watching the trailer, it looks like that could be a lot of material.

This scene is all I care about.

If i see Darth maul looking at me through a window like that..... i will poop my pants.

This better happen.

^ that scene would most likely appear if we get insidious. Maybe it'll use the floral sent he was talking about.

you are my friend!!!

• Like 2

^ that scene would most likely appear if we get insidious. Maybe it'll use the floral sent he was talking about.

That scene doesn't look floral to me...but then again if he's blasting Tiny Tim maybe he has air fresheners or fresh daisies around.

I think the general setting of "suburban home" has enough floral scents without the Tiny Tim's Tulips coming into play.

---

Also, it looks like early "duck and cover" spec was accurate.

invisible man could always be for a UMR scarezone...

Didn't Murdy say they picked the designs based on a 10 second scare? so that would only work in a maze right? Also didn't he say no dub step music for scarezones this year.

Are we getting a 7th maze this year? Will Terror Tram be in NY? How will that work with the Walking Dead Maze (Same drop off)? We know Mummy and JP overflow, Peruvian Courtyard, HOH, NYC backlot (?), where else? This could be an amazing year or not so much...time will tell.

Maybe, maybe, I dunno, yes, yes, yes, maybe, I dunno, looks good so far to be honest.

maybe, No, N/A, soundstage/NY street also, to be determined.

I think this year's success will fall upon:

1) How intense and scary Evil Dead is.

2) if TWD can live up to its predecessor

3) if insidious' supernatural elements work in a maze

4) if Pumpkin's originality and scares overthrow or match La Llorona.

Random question. Why does Stephen King refuse to let HHN do a maze based off of any of his properties? Creepshow and I.T. would make for some really cool mazes.

Murdy's never said, just simply "he just doesn't let it happen" and King has sidestepped the question when asked. Truth is, who the hell knows, but it is rather annoying of him to be that way. Me thinks its cuz a lot of King's properties are with Warner Bros and they're kinda just nitpicky about letting their films be mazes. I'm not sure who owns the theatrical rights to any of his works (Carrie had a scene at Knotts last year) but they need to be apprehended and negotiated with.

I just always thought it was kind of ridiculous. He allows people to take a masterpiece like The Shining and let's them make it into a mini series on tv. Also, within the next 2 years were gonna be getting remakes of Pet Semetary, Creepshow, and I.T. If we can't get a maze for one of those I will be pissed.

Random question. Why does Stephen King refuse to let HHN do a maze based off of any of his properties? Creepshow and I.T. would make for some really cool mazes.

Actualy this problem was first brought by Orlando Im sure if you ask any of the Orlando crew who have been part of the vault they would know. The main thing was in 2008 the "Creatures" house was orignaly planed to be "The Mist" and there was supposed to be a scarezone but SK would not let it be so they rewrote the maze into creatures which is basicly the same concepts and monsters.

I just always thought it was kind of ridiculous. He allows people to take a masterpiece like The Shining and let's them make it into a mini series on tv. Also, within the next 2 years were gonna be getting remakes of Pet Semetary, Creepshow, and I.T. If we can't get a maze for one of those I will be pissed.

The Shining mini series was his idea. He made it to be closer to his book, as he (at the time) hated the movie version.

Man...what I would do for a Creepshow maze. It would be really hard to do They're Creeping Up On You and The Raft though.

Well, that's what Creepshow 2 would be there for, to pick up for the unused segments in the first :-P

Anyway, its best not to dwell on it. There's bigger fish in the sea to worry about with even trickier reasons for why they're not being done, like Exorcist, TrT, Hellraiser, etc..