Sign in to follow this  
DTH316

The 2012 HHNH Event Creation Competition: Game 2: Round 1

SORRY GUYS! I've been working on a really important project all week! I should have my critiques up tomorrow

Doing a re-read of the events, I was busy at work with USH these past few days

I promise you will have the results

All reviews and critique overview will be up shortly

To those who are curious about what Dementsions: The Other side is about, here's the overall maze concept (Warning: major spoilers ahead! Read with caution!):

Hans Ravensclaw was a renowned archeologist and mythologist who traveled around the world to collect ancient artifacts. In one of his expeditions in Greece, he stumbled across a stone artifact inscribed with "Στην άλλη πλευρά" (lit. The Other Side). Intrigued with his finding, he brought it back to his private laboratory for further study, there he concluded that the Other Side was prison where demons and monsters were banished by the Gods of Olympus (sort like the Pandora's box). Being a skeptic, he dared to open the puzzle box-like artifact to see what was inside of it, but opened the portal to the Other Side. With the gates of the prison still closed, no danger came to Ravensclaw until he saw a beautiful, red-haired woman in a white robe (A "Siren," one of the demonic entities of the Other Side and one of Angela's familiars). She beckoned him to open the gates to free her. In a trance, he complied and was subsequently consumed by the Other Side while all the demons escaped. Ravensclaw was never seen again.

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

Since last time we had a bit of trouble with the treatments being done before the semi-finals started, this time, those who make it in the semi-finals (which is soon to be seen) shall post their treatments in THIS forum. Once they're done and have met the deadline (which we'll determine later also), I'll create the round 2 thread and post the treatments as the opening post so people can easily see which ones to vote for. So here's the map that it'll look like:

Critiques in, semi finalists chosen

Treatments posted

Deadline reached

Round 2 post made and poll started

Voting begins

A week later, the top contestant goes into the finals.

I know that I might come across as impatient, but when are the semi-finalists going to be announced? And where are the rest of the critiques?

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

Semi-finalists would be announced whenever all the critiques come in. I don't blame ya for being impatient, they were supposed to be in 2 days ago.

OK, I'm *this* close to posting my complete event treatments on this page, but I know that I shouldn't. Come on judges, post your events already!!

P.S.

It's very uncharacteristic of me being impatient, but you guys have to understand that I've been working on this event for a LONG time and I don't to see everyone's efforts to die like this. :(

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

K, I'm stepping in. I can only assume the other judges must've fallen off the planet, been abducted by aliens or have been captured by Jigsaw. As sad as all that may be, "the show must go on."

Judges have until noon Monday the 19th to get their critiques/scores in or I'll have to find at least one other judge.

If th judges dont have their critiques in, i can back out of the competition and be a judge. I have a better event planned for the next game with a original icon

K, I'm stepping in. I can only assume the other judges must've fallen off the planet, been abducted by aliens or have been captured by Jigsaw. As sad as all that may be, "the show must go on."

Judges have until noon Monday the 19th to get their critiques/scores in or I'll have to find at least one other judge.

Sorry DTH but some of us have ALOT of work lately (especially with Grinchmas)

so its been a bit hard for us to post on a daily basis

however I have my critiques so everyone can relax

ILuvStabWounds

1. Creativity - 18 points - I love the idea of having a Wedding Themed event in place, usage of Orlando based characters mixed with original character concepts is great, blown away by some of the backstories, however I don't think the guest would be to involved with each character and know their background, its almost like a Knotts feel. (houses with characters we dont even know about) but that leads me to my 3rd point.

2. Originality (9 points - Theres ALOT of originality in this post, don't get me wrong I LOVE the way the event portrays itself, however re usage of a Campsite in WWW is what gets me >.<

3. Theme (10 points - I'll give you full points for your theme as you went into depth and detail with the theme, however alot of the characters wouldn't be known by much guests, especially LT so think of a way to let the guests know who they really are before advancing forward

4. Mazes (15 points - This is whats really gonna hurt you, 5 mazes are in soundstages that are off-limits entirely, The quality of the mazes however are amazing and I cannot wait to see what you can bring in the next round.)

5. Shows (8 points - I'll give you all points as you pushed in the shows department, however the entire highschool theme is making it a bit of a drag, two shows (including opening) based off of them isn't really scary.....especially with the fact that other teens will try and tag along, and after what I saw this past year, Yeeeaaaa not a good idea. But I'll credit you for changing where the Icon spot is as well as Harold and Kumar :)

6. Scare Zones (11 points - Only reason i'm knockin a few points is Central Park has yet to be built yet, as well as it seems as if we're losing a scarezone for an opening scareamony in lower lot.

7. Terror Tram (13 points - Not too much is given just that it has LT involved and its centered around the Toluca Lake murders, i'll dock two points due to the fact of no knowledge of where the tram will take place, with this being said its hard to see how it will take place in such areas,)

Total - 84 points

More judging to come

^Nice review! It's a pretty fair and honest critique, and that's what I like about it. I just thought I 'd point out a few things:

1."After thinking about it, I'm also pretty positive the other stage they use for storage right now is the one next to Transformers. I think they store some metal shop stuff in there, so it could be moved easily. The filmed a cop drama in there and Parenthood was supposed to take it but they changed and now are located in 44 instead of 34 which is the stage I'm talking about. I think two mazes could fit in each possibly, I need to get started, haha." -- Hauntfan.

"^Haha. It's funny, I think they might even store HHN props in there as well. And honestly I think the reason they haven't used these yet, is they aren't ready for them. With a soundstage you would need to build an enormous facade inside of it like in Orlando, and Hollywood until recently has not had many impressive facades." -- Hauntfan

Based on these posts in Game 1, I assumed that the sound stages the that housed the 5 mazes were acceptable to be made in the events. And since I saw that neither of the judges commented on it, I also assumed that it was safe to use these locations again.

2.Another thing I'd like to mention is that The Terror Tram is based on one of my earlier ones that I posted in the "HHNH Creations" page in on this forum titled, "Urban Legendz: What You Don't Believe Can Kill You."

3. My marketing campaign idea for this particular event would involve a online puzzle game like the ones that HHNO would have, with puzzles and games that would lead to hints about the events mazes. Which would involve maze back-stories too.

^Yeah, I figured that the SS were able to be used too, plus DTH said in the first game those two or three were fine.

It's too late to change my event but here's my Terror Tram locations if y'all curious.

1. Bunny Man Bridge (WhoVille)

2. Organ Harvest (Bates Motel)

3. Lovers' Lane/Hitchhiker Road (Wilderness Trail)

4. White Creek Road (Sheet maze/Angela's section)

5. Don't Answer the Phone (Bates Mansion)

6. Don't Look Back (WotW set/Loading Station)

7. Aren't You Glad You Didn't Turn on the Lights? (On our way to the Mummy cave)

Hmmm... um *cough cough* errrm... Is there anything happening now? I've got my treatments for "Hatchaway Camp," "Initiation," and "Hellgate Hall" complete. Sooooo I'm just here waiting for the right time to post them.

(More will come soon! Trust me, I'm a man of my word.)

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

^I have a feeling the critiques won't be in until after Christmas. I really hope sooner, but we can't do anything about it.

^You're so right, I totally forget that Christmas is this weekend! I'm sorry, I'm getting ahead of myself!! :P

Well, ummm... Happy Christmas!!! :)

I'll check back after the festivities.

Edited by iLuvStabWounds

Well it's the day after Christmas... *sigh* :(

But I've already created a new original icon and event with all new scares zones and mazes! But I'll judge for the next game and will probably have this event posted in the fourth game.

^Wow, looks like somebody has a incredible amount of ideas, :D. I wish for one of the games we would do teams and a few teams would face off. It would really make the event more interesting.

^Wow, looks like somebody has a incredible amount of ideas, :D. I wish for one of the games we would do teams and a few teams would face off. It would really make the event more interesting.

Were you reading my mind?! That would be freakin' awesome!!! Hope we could have some sort of "tag team" game. That would be epic!!!

Edited by iLuvStabWounds