Freak

HHN Hollywood 2012 Wishful Thinking

They were lazy with the scarezones this year, Murdy even admitted it!

You know what I would like to see in Bill and Ted? Them VS. Wayne and Garth from Wayne's World. It would be interesting seeing them do a show together sometime. :)

^^Yeah, I could tell! :P

^That would be cool Wayne's World v.s Bill and Ted, in a shredding metal spectacular. It sounds most excellent!

How about a fatal four way?

Bill & Ted vs. Wayne & Garth vs. Harold & Kumar vs. Cheech & Chong.

and then they realize that one half loves music and the other loves getting stoned. So then it becomes an 8 man, elimination tag match.

Bill & Ted with Wayne & Garth vs. Harold & Kumar with Cheech & Chong.

^ I love it!

I think it would be interesting to see a haunted house on MacBeth or some sort of Shakespearean setting.

I accidently posted this in Speculation instead of Wishful Thinking so I'll just repost here :)

I would like Hollywood to have a maze based on Edgar Allan Poe, similar to Orlando's Nevermore: The Madness of Poe

Edited by horror lover

^ I love it!

I think it would be interesting to see a haunted house on MacBeth or some sort of Shakespearean setting.

A twisted Shakespear would be interesting to see. A MidSummer's Nightmare, maybe?

Edited by Hauntfan

^I don't think anybody said ALL originality. Everything I've read people want a half and half stand on originality.

I just watched House of 1000 Corpses the other day and figured how cool it would be if Rob Zombie did his own take with H.R. Bloodengutz but with Dr. Wolfenstein. There are so many things they can do with that.

There is one really cool effect here in this video that I would LOOOOOVE to see HHN use. It's the spiked wall effect that you will see at 1:24 in this video.

If that doesn't kick tail, than IDK what does. There are also other things in there that would be really cool for the event to use like those giant costumes.

^I don't think anybody said ALL originality. Everything I've read people want a half and half stand on originality.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am for 100% originality every year. No repeats, renames, or re-imaginations. Oh yeah, and no movie based stuff, either. If you got a taste of HHN Orlando, you'd totally understand where I'm coming from.

There is one really cool effect here in this video that I would LOOOOOVE to see HHN use. It's the spiked wall effect that you will see at 1:24 in this video.

If that doesn't kick tail, than IDK what does. There are also other things in there that would be really cool for the event to use like those giant costumes.

I dunno. I'd like to see more of what's at 0:55 myself...

Seriously though, Orlando did something similar in Saws & Steam this year with buzzsaw blades. Really cool. And pre-hiatus, HHN Hollywood had a long hallways with saw blades on one side. They slowly closed the wall on you. The only problem with the spike hallway is that once they touch you, they are so obviously rubber. It's one of those things where the danger of being touched by it is totally ruined by the reality of being touched by it.

I dunno. I'd like to see more of what's at 0:55 myself...

:blink: Okaaaaayyyyyy

The only problem with the spike hallway is that once they touch you, they are so obviously rubber. It's one of those things where the danger of being touched by it is totally ruined by the reality of being touched by it.

I don't think that would really be much of an issue. Of course that thought might change if I ever experience that effect, but it would create a nice scare.

Allow me to introduce myself. I am for 100% originality every year. No repeats, renames, or re-imaginations. Oh yeah, and no movie based stuff, either. If you got a taste of HHN Orlando, you'd totally understand where I'm coming from.

Well I understand that, but Hollywood needs to stay somewhat movie based. But what I think is they should create original attractions based on the movie's story, not just a scene by scene depiction of the movie in a live attraction.

Well I understand that, but Hollywood needs to stay somewhat movie based. But what I think is they should create original attractions based on the movie's story, not just a scene by scene depiction of the movie in a live attraction.

I agree. See, while I am sided with Zombieman on the fact that I prefer original story-telling houses (Orlando ushered me into that sort of thinking :) ), I do also like to see my favorite horror movies turned into houses. It's always cool to see certain scenes or kills recreated just for the familiarity and the "Oh cool! I recognize that!" factor as well as mixing in some new scenes that weren't in the movie(s) to add a more surprise factor to it, like Hauntfan said.

While I do want to see Hellraiser, Trick 'r Treat, Silent Hill, Evil Dead, Jeepers Creepers, Exorcist, and other films pulled off effectively as cool houses, there needs to be a mix of original content as well. That's what I think HHN Hollywood should be about. Being a really awesome Halloween event where not only you can live in your favorite horror movies, you get to experience some awesome original creations that will put you in another world...all where it all started.

The primary focus of the event needs to emphasis a balance between movie and original-based. If they announced an event that was all movie-based houses, I would be disappointed since the familiarity aspect would overwhelm the "surprise" factor. If they announced an entirely original event, I wouldn't be nearly as disappointed as all movie-based, but I would be a tad disappointed thinking "So, no house based on Hellraiser this year? There's so much cool environment and many awesome kills to work with".

If they just balance the content, everybody wins.

I think the world prefers to live out the movies. I mean, think about it: what has Disneyland done over the past decade and a half? Shell out movie properties and made them into attractions. And the ones that were original rides before 1995? They're now just making them into movies. The idea of living out a movie-like adventure is exciting. I think as long as the adventure seems like it could only happen in the movies, it's a very thrilling one. Sure Disney is getting major flack for becoming a giant advertisement but these attractions are insanely popular (Indy, Star Tours, World of Color even). And that's what the basis of Universal Studios has always been. That was their tagline for freakin YEARS ("Ride the movies.") I believe the same should go for their Halloween event as well ("Live the horror.") The studio was founded on and has always been about going behind the scenes of filmmaking, seeing where it takes place, watching it before your eyes or living it. I don't think that should ever change and Halloween Horror Nights is no exception. And for whatever original mazes that they do create down the line, need to have that "movie-quality" about them. Alice Cooper didn't sell well for me because the story wasn't clear (Nightmare mazes often aren't) but La Llorona felt like an old, 30s horror film brought into the modern ages and come to life. It was gothic scenery, a morbid storyline, a brooding villain, a haunting soundtrack, etc., etc. They could go make that movie in Hollywood tomorrow and it would be a classic. I think as long as their original creations take into account what makes a great horror film then I'm all for it but if it's just random insane horror-imagery thrown around (and even if it still scary), it's not gonna resonate well or stick with me over the years.

I forgot what point I was trying to make with what I was saying... so I apologize if this seemed like it was going somewhere and didn't lol

^ I would like to point out that La Llorona and Alice Cooper were the two most popular houses last year. Maybe it does show that people also like to have original story-telling houses, if that's related to the point you're getting at.

I think it would be awesome to see Trey Parker to write a show for HHN this year.

But then we have to ask ourselves, what drove people to Alice Cooper anyway? Was it simply just location? Because I've honestly yet to meet anyone who went to HHN this previous year who even knew who he was, let alone did they know anything in advance on what the maze was about. Some people liked the maze, one or two thought it was the best, while a few others were indifferent about it like I was. Surely it's not word of mouth going around to these teenagers that "Alice Cooper is the best maze at HHN!" Me thinks it's just the lower lot location and the fact it's the first maze line one would see as they come down the escalator (main reason why HoH is so popular). Can we defend HoH's popularity in all these events knowing where that's located?

La Llorona on the other hand has been wildly popular simply because of the demographic in Los Angeles along with word of mouth as everyone I've talked to (aside from one person in my group) has freakin' loved the thing. If anything, the two true most popular mazes last year were Llorona and oddly enough, HOTC's encore, from the trip reports I've read of first timers who loved it the most, queue calculations (given that they're not in any "first things you see" locations), Rob Zombie's name power, and the 3D factor.

But I do believe AC scored one of the highest on the survey, but if I learned one thing from statistics is that they're completely unreliable anyway, so who knows. I'd still throw my money down to bet that La Llorona and HOTC were the ones people came in with a pre-conceived idea to make sure they went to.

Edited by DTH316

Okay, I FINALLY watched Insidious. Here's my final analysis: :blink: That was probably the only movie that actually scared and creeped the wha-hoo outta me!

Now for the whole haunted house thing. Remember when I said that I thought the environments would be too bland to use? Well, I changed my mind. I think it would be amazing if they used it this year.

Well, I changed my mind. I think it would be amazing if they used it this year.

Welcome to team Insidious, Freak. I understand why some people didn't like it, but I thought the first half was genuinely frightening and the rest was really fun. I don't think its very likely, but I would love to see a maze of it.

Welcome to team Insidious, Freak. I understand why some people didn't like it, but I thought the first half was genuinely frightening and the rest was really fun. I don't think its very likely, but I would love to see a maze of it.

I think those mannequin-like people would really be creepy to see used as a maze since I always had nightmares about store mannequins when I was smaller. The approached in how they used them was very identical to how they were used in my nightmares back in the day so I would definitely love to see that. Hopefully there will be spot open for some original content as well as this movie for 2012.

Just watched a documentry about the dark ages and it give me some brain storms on how I would love to see houses on Viking/Morse mythology and their murderous ways. Just look at 6:40 in this video (This was the documentry I just watched BTW) just to give you an idea of what they coud put in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fc83VvUeE8&feature=related