Freak

HHN Hollywood 2012 Wishful Thinking

The president openly admitted that The Wolfman was one of the, in his words, shittiest movies they've ever done.

Like, in the top 5 worst of all time they've ever made.

I don't really follow Obama that much, but I'm pretty sure he didn't say that. You sure it wasn't Biden? :P

08 was supposed to have Bloody Mary and be a take-off of the event in Orlando, but then some issues got complicated and so they reused Freddy and Jason.

And you heard this where? :blink:

the bungee scare! Knott's has only used this once in one of their houses, but Fright Fest puled off this scare very well. In Byte, they had a place where you would turn a corner and a vampire would jump out of no where and scare you good. Imagine what Murdy could do with that...

Knott's has used bungees quite a few times over the years. One prime location where they did it is no longer used (the fun house in Camp Snoopy). They also had them in the Dance Hall, but that's been inhabited for the past 5 years by two mazes where bungee doesn't make sense.

Aside from NO REPEATS, my second biggest wish for 2012 is that the Terror Tram be shut down for a couple of years. They have done so little with that venue - and this is after Murdy promoted it so much in 2011 saying it had more scareactors than ever before. Just put it away for a couple of years and spend the money on new themes for houses, and maybe an original icon.

If the TT was shut down, I'd love to see it come back in its original incarnation. That is, the way it was in 1992.

Oh yeah, and on the survey I really let them have it regarding the insane ticket structure this year. There needs to be serious drug testing in that department. Who would have thought that HHN Orlando would actually be a bargain compared to HHN Hollywood? It's been the other way around every year prior to 2011.

^Everything you said I completely 100% agree with. But how was the TT in 92'? Wasn't it where you drove by and the scareactors would come up to the tram?

deleted .......HOW TF DO YOU PUT IMAGES ON HERE?

1. Go to the site of the image and copy the url of it. Again, the site its on, but the actual url of the images.

2. When posting, click on the icon above the writing area that shows an image of a sunset on a picture. Paste the url into the space there.

3. Click insert images. As soon as you post, the desired image should appear.

Hope that helps. :)

I totally agree with a main icon and theme! I've missed that. I also mean that when it comes to main themes, I mean a main theme like SAW back in 09 where SAW was everywhere and you really felt he was the main icon of the event. I know Freddy was a main icon in 2010 but just a scarezone and maze? Well there was also 08 where Freddy had a maze, SZ and TT but still. I don't know if anyone agrees but I LOVED how there were 2 scarezones, a maze, and Terror Tram dedicated to SAW. That was a true Main Theme! I really hope we get Trick R Treat as the main icon because it's the kind of thing that seems like it could take over the whole park just as jigsaw did. It just doesn't feel as good and doesn't make very good sense where the advertisements were all about Rob Zombie, yet, the Terror Tram, front scarezone and part of the opening ceremony was Scream. So yeah, I REALLY hope we get a main theme like SAW back then.

^Eh... The SAW main theme of 09 was a little bit of an overload but I wish they did a main theme where all the houses and everything tie together. As much as I loved this past year, I felt a bit lost without a theme to tie it together.

I have some new suggestions for wishful thinking for next year's event:

Zombieman said this in his review of the event, but considering how House of Horrors never has any significant additions or changes, I would like to see them just leave it the way it is. I wouldn't even mind if they just advertised it as another house. Just have it open, and have a few extra scareactors to make it more interesting for Horror Nights. They could at least do that until they either come up with the budget for a descent overlay (With LOTS of additions and a few changes) or, what I would prefer, replace the permanent attraction during the event for a replacement venue; in other words, close House of Horrors and in its place have another house open somewhere else. That way, we can have six legit haunted houses plus the Terror Tram.

So according to john murdy, he said on his twitter that he is doing research over the holidays with a picture of the poem dante's inferno,inferno means hell in italian btw ..............hmmmmmmm ;)

So according to john murdy, he said on his twitter that he is doing research over the holidays with a picture of the poem dante's inferno,inferno means hell in italian btw ..............hmmmmmmm ;)

Hang in there. Speculation will start sooner than you think. ;) I want to try to keep this wishful thinking.

On that note, I am really thrilled that Murdy is starting to cook up some awesome original content like Orlando.

I think the Saw theme was perfect as well. It wasn't overload at all, to me. It's supposed to be EVERYWHERE, that's what makes it a THEME. Only thing that was lame was that pigs were in the lower lot for years and that it repeated the next year over.

^I know it was supposed to be everywhere, but after going I kind of got tired of hearing the Theme Song. The Pigs should have just stayed on the Lower Lot and in the Saw Maze but instead they had a scarezone at the entrance, and for some reason, some in Welcome to Hell. I was tired of the pigs.

I didn't care if it was SAW or Freddy. I just LOVE the idea of where it literally is a main theme and takes over the whole park. I just think thats a way to show that the icon is REALLY the icon.

Which is what they should've done with Scream but NOOOOOOOOO lmao

Which is what they should've done with Scream but NOOOOOOOOO lmao

...must resist urge to rant how they missed an epic opportunity and instead shoved Rob Zombie's face on the front gates and had the tagline be "What Fear Fails Most" when it could've been "What's Your Favorite Scary Mo- oh, sorry.

IKR it bothers me as well! I honestly think HHN 2011 would of been amazing had Scream literally taken over the park as well! It would of been soo sweet!

I honestly don't know who to blame for that one. Murdy for not thinking the property could do it on it's own, the rights holders for not handing over the trilogy, or the marketing team for making last year make no friggin' sense. Probably a good combination of all 3.

^Sums it up really. But honestly, why does marketing choose the tagline? Why can't they just make it that the tagline goes with the theme, if they have one?

I think it should of been something like, "What's your favorite scary movie?" or something lol. Also, if a tagline is to be reused, I'd want You'll Wish it Were Just a Movie!"

oh IKR. It would of been soo awesome with ghostfaces in it. Or at least some ghostfaces roaming around the park

No scareactors in the scarezone was such a bummer and made no sense to me. How is a statue-Ghostface enough for the ENTRANCE of a park?

However, there were some random Ghostfaces wandering around after Terror Tram let out.

^Last year, I absolutely hated the scarezones, but the year before I loved them. What's that about? :D