HHN XXI Website Updates

This is where we can discuss any updates and changes for the Halloween Horror Nights XXI website. This thread will be heavily moderated, so please post only website updates here and use the speculation thread to speculate.

You can use the HHN Website Update Checker to see when it updates. Please refrain from posting when you THINK an update MIGHT happen, thanks. :)

It is expected to do so fairly soon, hopefully before the end of the month.

On another note I am quite pleased to see that horrornights.be is back up! That means this wonderful tool for update checks is back online> http://horrornights.be/updatecheck.php

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

It is expected to do so fairly soon, hopefully before the end of the month.

On another note I am quite pleased to see that horrornights.be is back up! That means this wonderful tool for update checks is back online> http://horrornights.be/updatecheck.php

Thank you Dr. Jimmy! :) I have added the link to the update checker in the first post, for when it does update.

UPDATE!

The HHN website now redirects to a very generic webpage.

"generic" isn't the word for it...

UPDATE!

Hopefully we get something else today. But right now this is better than nothing...Sorta!!!

At least we know they're setting up either the placeholder or the teaser of the website. I hope it goes live by tonight!

UPDATE!

I wonder who the eye is?

Correct me if I am wrong, but it normally doesn't redirect to the regular universal orlando event page..right? So this is definitely something different. Can't wait to see what they have in store for us.. It better be good >_<

I wonder who the eye is?

That picture with the eye you are refering to is just a generic picture they use every year on the Universal Orlando website to advertise Halloween Horror Nights...

I wonder who the eye is?

thats just a generic picture they use every year.

The future is a Tuesday, one of many.

Tuesdays child is full of grace

sooo....updates will happen on Tuesdays from here on out?

BTW, nice to see everyone again as we kick up the haunt season again. I'll try to be more and more active but ...work, you know.

Offical FB page stated

We know you have been waiting. But trust us. Very soon, all of your demands for information will become shrieks for mercy.

Offical FB page stated

And thus the official road to the haunt season begins! :lol:

Offical FB page stated

*shrug*

I trusted we would get an email about Reunion Audition Scheduling before Reunion Audition Scheduling. This is when all of this stuff should be happening anyway.

Hopefully the website will change later today. I cant see them leaving the page looking like that for long.

But, Its one step closer so.. =)

This is The generic :). I hope the teaser comes up tonight

Edited by scaryguy5

It's a redirect. It could stay like this for a few days. This isn't even a generic, HHN site but pushing it right back to the Universal site. Even with the Facebook post, "soon" in Universal marketing is turning into God-time where a day is a thousand years and a thousand years is a day.

It's a redirect. It could stay like this for a few days. This isn't even a generic, HHN site but pushing it right back to the Universal site. Even with the Facebook post, "soon" in Universal marketing is turning into God-time where a day is a thousand years and a thousand years is a day.

LOL

Fantastic perspective!

Do we even know the dates for sure, yet? Is today the 90 day mark, or is that next Friday?

Mae

personally i think the real generic site will come up before the teaser... if I remember correctly, the generic site is usually when you could first start buying tickets right?

The generic site was always between the previous year's website and the new/teaser website for the current year.

Is it easier for them to update the site while it's being redirected to a different site?

Theoretically. It would allow them to load the new site to the server and test it out before "launching" it. It lowers the actual downtime of the page but just because it's being redirected that doesn't mean they will launch it today. If they were, why bother with a redirect for a few hours. Normally a redirect means that domain is expected to be down for a longer period than a couple of hours. That's why there actually is a redirect instead of just the page being down for an upload and launch.

Thank god, finally!

The best part of the year is slowly coming into place. I guess they realized too that they were off schedule with that "You've been waiting for so long...".