lower lot maze

rides (twice if friends wanna go again)

simpsons

break (food)

bill and ted

terror tram

maze at shrek 4d area

house of horrors

and i'm thinking about going to HOTC last to end the night.

what would your gameplan be?

and just a question, would you suggest terror tram or lowerlot first? id be going opening weekend and there wont be alotta people, but lines would still be long - whats your take on it?

This is what I normally do, although last year I did Halloween firstsince I knew that one will be very crowed later on, an I was right

Vampyr:Castle of the Undead

terror tram:chuckys revenge

A Nightmare on elm street: Never Sleep again

Friday the 13: kill, Jason, kill

HOTC

simpsons

Saw:Game On

skull island express

Jurassic park

the mummy

Edited by AgentOfChaos93

I was waiting for this thread! I'll be doing my tradition:

Terror Tram

Jurassic Park

The Mummy

Saw: Game On

Skull Island Express

Nightmare on Elm Street

Vampyre

F13

HOTC

F13 repeat (because I can tell I'll have a blast in there)

HOTC repeat (if there's time)

The Simpsons (if there's LOTS of time)

Bill and Ted to end the night

I am thinking corpses,

Jason,

Freddy,

terror tram or saw(depending on bill and ted times)

maybe throw in a ride on Mummy or JPITD depending on time and Bill and Ted.

Scarezones ITA or if were killing time

At about 1230 start heading out and hit Vampyre

End with classic chainsaw chase out

Hopefully opening wont be too bad and it is definitely preferable to do Bill and Ted toward the middle of the night IMO!

Good list?

The way I see it, the night has to progress like a movie. It has to have it's down times. I space things out and put some unrelated Haunt things in there to keep things fresh. Of course it doesn't get tired but the key word is FRESH. I'll explain why I do some of the things that I do... do.

- Terror Tram, in previous years, was always the story for the night and why everything was going on. This year, it just seems like another attraction (albeit, the STAR attraction). However, I find it the perfect thing to do first. It takes up about 30 minutes and I can still get to the lower lot in the first hour, so I don't fear long lines. Also, it's the most action packed and there's a sense of build up while on the tram. You get a story and then bam, within a matter of moments, it's like one long action sequence with one thing after another.

- Next up, you gotta have a bit of downtime to let the audience (in this case, I guess crowd or my group) settle from the excitement. You don't want excitement or even negative feelings transferring over to the next event because you want them to stand on their own. Luckily, the escalators take awhile to get down and that's quite some time. But me, I find this a very exciting part of the HHN event (I'm weird, I know). It builds up a lot and the lower lot is like another segment in the HHN Horror Film (you can also look at this like a video game if you want to, with the Lower Lot being a type of gauntlet level). So the escalators are the set up to a mid way through action sequence and then once you hit the floor at the scarezone, things kick off. I do Jurassic Park first so I can dry off on the Mummy and I save the best for last and hit up Saw. At this point, the action sequence (in the haunting world) has culminated with Saw so it's okay to take a detour over to Skull Island.

- Back up the escalators, we're making our way up to the horrors we witnessed when coming in. Think of it as you came in, ran through and ended up with hearing the story, thought you could find an exit at the lower lot but found the horrors wouldn't let that happen either so you figure the only way out is the way you came in. So you work your way down and the first stop is NOES. Then another break after the action sequence for the traditional HOH. Back to the action, you're thrusted into Camp Crystal Lake to face Jason. Now we save the biggest baddie for last, HOTC because it's the biggest and it's in 3D. This keeps the positive energy going through the night so if you're disappointed by something, you can always count on what's coming next. That's why I always save the best for last. Hopefully, HOTC will be just that.

- Your night is practically over now, you survived the horror and now it's time for a good show. Bill and Ted close up things REALLY well for all the feelings you've felt throughout the night and it let's thing end off on a good note and is usually NOT disappointing so it's almost a for sure happy end point. So everything is all good and settled, your happy you survived the horror. But like any monster in a horror movie, it comes back for one last scare after the resolution (ending of NOES with the mother, ending of F13 with Jason in the lake, ending of HOTC with Otis in the back are PRIME examples). This is where the chainsaw chase out comes into play. You thought you survived but you WERE WRONG. And then you escape, barely with your lives. Next Halloween you figure "I'll conquer my fears." And it all starts over :)

You can develop it a bit more detailed and in your own way but that's how I like to think of it.

Just changed my plan up a little, like this order a bit more.

HOTC

Terror Tram: Chucky's Revenge

Saw

Bill and Ted(if everything works with timing, if now it will be worked in later.

Freddy

Jason

Chucky

Scarezones and rides or repeats ITA til chainsaw chaseout!

Guys,

This "gameplan" stuff simply does not apply to HHN Hollywood.

Buy a Front of the Line upgrade and walk straight into anything you want - zero lines and no planning.

Want to go in 1000 Corpses 20 times in a row? Then do it. Even if standby is 90 minutes, you get right in.

Want to go through Vampyre 20 times in a row? Um....then you're insane, because it sucks.

The only thing to keep in mind is that they close down the Terror Tram long before the park closes, and I've seen them close the upper entrance to it even before that.

Murdy tweeted and showed a page where you can buy the FOTL as an add-on to a standard ticket, but the site doesn't appear to have a link yet. Prices ranged from $30-$50 depending on the night. Let me tell you, that's way cheaper than Orlando's Express pass and you can use this one for unlimited entries into the houses and rides. Not like Orlando's rediculous one entery into each house or ride. Plus, Orlando's Express line can be 45 minutes long!!

It applies when you are a high school student who doesn't have complete control over his or her finances.

Edited by Trevler

If at all possible, after attending the event, please post all the wait times you can remember from the night and at what time so people can plan accordingly! Thank you for being the guinea pigs!

House of 1000 Corpses was 1 hour all night last night. Dunno about any others.

An hour ALL night? Damn. So that's what, 30 minutes on a weekday? Gr.

Also, another way to check out wait times at your convenience is to look on your phone.

I believe it's m.universalstudioshollywood.com and click "Wait Times and Show Times"

Tonight, since I'll be home till about 9ish, I'll be posting the wait times every 20 - 30 minutes here. Editing the post so it won't be filled with useless stuff haha

HOTC [8:00 - 10 min] [9:00 - 15 min]

F13 [8:00 - 20 min] [9:00 - 20 min]

NOES [8:00 - 10 min] [9:00 - 30 min]

Saw [8:00 - 5 min] [9:00 - 5 min]

Vampyre [ 8:00 - 20 min] [9:00 - 10 min]

Skull Island Express [8:00 - 30 min] [9:00 - 15 min]

Simpsons [8:00 - 10 min] [9:00 - 15 min]

Mummy [8:00 - 5 min] [9:00 - 20 min]

JP [8:00 - 5 min] [9:00 - 5 min]

Terror Tram [8:00 - 10 min] [9:00 - 10 min]

Update: As of 7:26, they haven't updated the wait times! Possibly all "no wait" but they should at least put that on the mobile site!

Update 2: Maybe they do it every hour. So I'll just do hourly check ups!

Update 3: These sounds off... but I don't know since I'm not there, haha.

Edited by DTH316

So for the first 2 hours on the opening weekend's Saturday night seem interesting.

It appears the moment doors opened, everyone rushed down to Skull Island express to visit King Kong with a whopping 30 minute wait time but then dropped down half the time in the second hour to 15 minutes.

F13 appears to remain consistently popular with a 20 minute wait time.

People quickly lost interest with Vampyre as times dropped half the time for the second hour.

Nobody knew Saw even existed with a 5 min wait time for both hours.

Terror Tram, with a high capacity rate, kept people rolling through with a 10 minute wait time both hours.

HOTC gained some popularity second hour by adding on 5 minutes to the 10 minute wait time from the 1st hour to 15 minutes.

Perhaps the biggest popularity gain came from NOES with a 10 minute wait first hour and jumped up to 30 minutes.

I am DTH316 with your evening wait times news, back to you guys.

Those wait times are incorrect. House of 1000 Corpses was 80+ mins for most of the night tonight.

Just like on opening night.

I think that HOTC had the longest while NOES and F13 trailed behind with an average of 50 to 65 minutes each?

My gameplan worked well. Finished most of the attractions in 2 hours.

I went straight to HOTC, and went to F13, and went to the lowerlot and finished everything starting with Saw, KingKong, Jurassic Park, then the Mummy and Saw again (went on Saw twice because we werent gonna go back down there for the night).

After that, we took the trip up and had a snack (cinnabon!) and then watched my friend breakdance around that DJ area.

We then went on NOES and went to the TT (cause TT line is pretty quick, always moving).

After that, we went on Simpsons, and HOTC again. Killed sometime in Vampyre because it was only a 5 min wait, and eventually went to the 1:15 (last show time) for Bill and Ted.

Everything worked perfectly.

So I guess that confirms that USH's mobile site doesn't work, haha

It applies when you are a high school student who doesn't have complete control over his or her finances.

as A struggleing College Student who barely has enough for ticket, parking, gas, food for you, your brother, your GF, plus a T-shirt I think once through every maze is enough to wet my whistle

my plan

Edit: With Trev's Tip

Arrive at 4:30

City walk

5:30 line up

Opening Show

Klowns into Freakz

Maze #1-HO1C

Lunaticz to La Llorona to Lower Lot

Maze #2-Saw

Ride #1-JP

Ride #2-Mummy

Ride #3-King Kong

Upperlot

Maze #3-F13

La Llorona

Maze #4-NOES

Terror Tram

Food

Bill and Ted

Final Maze-Vampyre

Chainsaw Chaseout

Edited by Grindhousehero13

Grindhouse, that actually sounds like an awesome game plan. I think I might do the same and tweak things a bit. I hate to break tradition but... I don't wanna wait in a 80 minute line for HOTC either.

You're better off doing Freakz into HOTC, then walking down Lunaticz.

HOTC actually enters off of Freaks, and it exits straight on to Lunaticz.

Grindhouse, that actually sounds like an awesome game plan. I think I might do the same and tweak things a bit. I hate to break tradition but... I don't wanna wait in a 80 minute line for HOTC either.

yeah thanks it took me a while to figure it out (Im trying to impress my new Gf with street knowlegde of HHN LMAO) but I too am breaking tradition but for the sake of getting eveything done and Im with you on how I treat the night as being a movie so it makes it easier that TT does not tie the story togather this year.

You're better off doing Freakz into HOTC, then walking down Lunaticz.

HOTC actually enters off of Freaks, and it exits straight on to Lunaticz.

thanks for the tip Trev