Freak

HHN Hollywood 2010 Discussion

I Like Turtles!

oh my gosh! yesterday at my dress rehearsal we were on stage and right before the music starts my friend just screams " i like turtles! " haha it was great(:

Anyone go on JP in the Dark this year? Any changes?

I know somebody who went and said that they have gone on there and there were some guys in dinosaur costumes with chainsaws that would "attack" your boat right when you go up the lift hill. They also had some guy in a Pterodactyl suit on a bungee cord that would swoop down before you go down the drop with a shaker can to scare you.

Please don't tell me you actually bought that.

When I went on opening night there was nothing special for JP in the Dark... no raptors & victims mannequins.. no pumpkins... nothing in the final scene before the drop. Just that same old song we've all heard every year...

Hopefully they've added, or will be adding something soon. Without anything special up there, it's only... Jurassic Park kinda-sorta-in-the-Dark-but-not-really.

No but... honestly, is that too much to ask for? lmao

Eh, when I went, it seemed even MORE toned down than last year.

The only thing that stood out was the JP jeep falling with the sparks (it looks nice cause its night time!)

The music in the final place before you dropped was toned down (it was really loud last year; which i liked)

and there seemed to be less raptors and less strobe lights in the final room as well. :(

not alotta changes, but still a fun ride.

short wait too, since everyone goes on kingkong.

Hm. Sounds like I could skip it this year. Unless I have a looooot of time.

Hm. Sounds like I could skip it this year. Unless I have a looooot of time.

If you opt for the Front of the Line upgrade, you will have a lot of time... Something which I'll probably get again when I go on Sunday the 17th after seeing the wait times on Opening Night. But really, rides should be the last thing you do after an initial run of every maze normally.. or to kill time if you don't feel like a maze... although if you just go down to the lower lot just for a ride it's kind of a waste of time if you don't want to bother with Saw.

I just hope my other half doesn't wait for the last minute to get his ticket like he did for Knott's. <_<

Edited by Onca

Hey all-

Not to throw anyone off, but I'm going to take a moment to actually talk about HHN Hollywood 2010 :P

I went back on Saturday and had a few thoughts I wanted to share:

-Damn, it was busy!!! Glad that's the last Saturday for me this year! Sheesh! Mazes were all between 60-90 minute waits all night. Blah! The worst thing about HHN is the GP ;)

-I went on the Kong Express. Wait time was posted for 10 minutes, so we figured why not? Well, we waited in line for 45 minutes! And the experience itself took another 15!!! I was not a happy kid! So, word to the wise, unless you REALLY want to see 2 minutes of Kong in 3D, SKIP THIS!!!!

-I also found the Terror Tram to be a collossal waste of time. I just posted a full review on the that topic, but, wow. Another hour I could have used for a maze. Or a scarezone. Or a piece of pizza. Or whatever...

-Did Nightmare again and I really do enjoy this maze. Great effects and great scares.

-One random note- it seems that HHN Holllywood still doesn't grasp the idea of each maze having a finale. They all just sort of end (perhaps with the exception of the Halloween maze last year). Orlando has really embraced the concept of making the last room a "big finish" (their Saw finale last year was great). I hope that Hollywood learns this soon.

Ok, that's it for now. Comments?

Edited by Creeper06

From FB "Wes Craven's "My Soul to Take" cast, Nick Lashaway, Denzel Whitaker, and Paulina Olszynski, will be signing autographs at Halloween Horror Nights on Oct. 8, from 8:45 to 10 p.m. Limited to the first 500 people."

See, now that's worth getting excited about!

From FB "Wes Craven's "My Soul to Take" cast, Nick Lashaway, Denzel Whitaker, and Paulina Olszynski, will be signing autographs at Halloween Horror Nights on Oct. 8, from 8:45 to 10 p.m. Limited to the first 500 people."

Meh! I know NONE of them. Now if it was Wes Craven signinig autographs I'd be first in line.

well just looked up Nick Lashaway...

really wish i was going on friday now lol....

I'm going friday!!! :-P

LUCKY!!!!

if you get a chance get a picture with him(: haha xD or at least a picture of him(:

So I've been to USH two times so far this year. Aside from House of 1000 Corpses, HHN was a very disappointing year. For the first time in a long time, Knott's owned HHN Hollywood. By no means were they perfect, but they we far better than HHN for a change. Good for them. And I'm not the only one who thinks this. Check out Hollywood Gothique's reviews of Knotts and HHN.

In 7 hours, I'll be boarding a plane for Orlando for two days of HHN and one day of HOS. From all I hear, HHN Orlando kicks ass and takes names this year. And for Howl O Scream, I've already reserved two solo walkthrus of the upcharge house - Alone.

We shall see. I'll give a report when I return.

Edited by zombieman

So I've been to USH two times so far this year. Aside from House of 1000 Corpses, HHN was a very disappointing year. For the first time in a long time, Knott's owned HHN Hollywood. By no means were they perfect, but they we far better than HHN for a change. Good for them. And I'm not the only one who thinks this. Check out Hollywood Gothique's reviews of Knotts and HHN.

In 7 hours, I'll be boarding a plane for Orlando for two days of HHN and one day of HOS. From all I hear, HHN Orlando kicks ass and takes names this year. And for Howl O Scream, I've already reserved two solo walkthrus of the upcharge house - Alone.

We shall see. I'll give a report when I return.

What is that suppose to prove. Knotts has been getting better reviews that HHN for years. Its rare to see a review in HHN's favor.

IIII don't know about that Havoc. I think 07 - 09, HHN had better reviews. I think the point is that HHN was supposed to be the new bad boy on the block since it's return and it seemed like it was going in the right direction for those three years until this year. I haven't gone yet but from the sounds of it, this year is a major step back theme wise. I had been doubting this year since we started getting delayed PRs, and then delayed BTS, delayed official website, delayed maze announcements, delayed character artwork and then when it was all finally up, it was just a bunch of re-dos which I think disappointed alot of people from the get go; I know it pissed me off after all that waiting. But I'm willing to be open minded but 08 & 09 are very high in my eyes, with 08 being the standard since they improved on what I already thought was an amazing 07. It's hard to imagine this can top either of those. But just because it can't out do itself doesn't mean it's not worth it. Some years are better than others, that's just a given. Same goes for Knotts, which I think is consistently just bland and HHN, even when if it is very eh this year as people are complaining, I think HHN will still be better. I've said it before but a 10 maze at Knotts is still only a 6 or 7 at HHN. Knotts still hasn't figured out break schedules and what not, which is bizarre. They're still not bringing quality sets and are constantly pushing quantity. And it's still people just hiding in corners and banging on walls. That doesn't do much for me and I find HHN's practices better with set scares, but I do wish they had a combo of both at either event. I think Knotts could come out on top if they tried but I think HHN will soon find out that getting the tail end of set scares is like coming in late to a movie that you arrived early for and they need roaming scareactors in the mazes to make up for that. And when they do find that out, HHN will never get lesser reviews than Knotts from anyone because they'll have the best of both worlds.

*Bursts open door and slides in Kramer style*

Hey guys, I'm back! Just had an awesome time in Orlando (Save for the several drunken idiots that were there being disruptive <_<) I'm going to go this coming Friday (the 15th :jason:) I just want to say after gong to Orlando and finding they served a lot and I mean a LOT of alcohol, it made me appreciate our event more I'll probably write a full event soon with some photos but I just got back from Orlando so I'm kinda worn. Anyway, what pissed me off about the event quite a bit was that they didn't sell any regular energy drinks. They did sell Monsters and Full Throttles, but they put alcohol in them! :angry: I guess they assume people want to be energized and drunk senseless at the same time! Even the energy packs were alcoholic! Sheesh! I was surprised the Diet Cokes weren't alcoholic! <_< Anyway, I'm just looking forward to going to a HHN event that actually serves energy drinks and know that I won't be surrounded by a bunch of drunken twenty year-olds. :D

I like how you went on this epic journey all the way to Orlando and you come back sayin, "man, there is too much alcohol!" lol

Would you say it was worth it to go back next year? Which event do you enjoy more now that you've gone to both?

Did you have a FOL pass when you went? You getting a FOL pass this Friday? You know they've been sold out 6 nights in a row now, right? lol

I like how you went on this epic journey all the way to Orlando and you come back sayin, "man, there is too much alcohol!" lol

Would you say it was worth it to go back next year?

You bet it was! I went by myself since I didn't know anybody in Orlando but all of the mazes managed to scare the crap out of me! Even to the point of jumping and and screaming! The very first maze I hit was Legendary Truth and man was it great! (Maze spoiler ahead) There was one room where there was a chair rocking by itself and when a strobe flashed, it turned out to be a scareactor dressed up as a chair and it scared the wha-hoo out of me! Genius! :lol: The mazes looked about the same quality-wise as Hollywood. Also, as for the soundstage mazes I went in, they were the same quality-wise as the queue-line mazes. The only difference was that the facade was much more elaborate, but everything else wasn't too special. I don't know if I'll be able to afford going to both Hollywood and Orlando next year though. I just went there because I won two free plane tickets.

Which event do you enjoy more now that you've gone to both?

As for what they offered, I guess it was definitely better than last year's Hollywood event, but that's not for me to officially judge until this coming Friday. Now about the enjoying the event itself, I found Hollywood more enjoyable since they actually sold some energy drinks, good treats, and the fact that there weren't a bunch of drunks around me.

You getting a FOL pass this Friday? You know they've been sold out 6 nights in a row now, right? lol

I don't know. I plan on leaving really early so I can arrive there at 6:20 or so. Last time I went it was Friday the 30th (of October) and it didn't start getting crowded around ten. Me and my friend did everything we wanted to do at Midnight so we probably will chance it, save money, and just get there early, do Corpses first and work from there.

One thing I didn't like about Orlando's event was that when I went on a Thursday, I assumed they closed at one, but they actually closed at midnight! <_< As a result, I had to wait in those hour-long lines and get to do only seven of eight mazes. Thankfully I got to go a second night to do that last maze, ride Jaws in the dark, MIB, and Mummy, see Brian Brushwood, and go through the mazes again.

Nice man, sounds like you had an epic time. That chair scare sounds amazing, that's the type of stuff I would do in my mazes lol

Hey guys, I posted a full-on review of Orlando's event. Check it out.

A scareactor disguised as a CHAIR?! *Faints*

Haha! I've been enjoying HHN this year.. but last year was definitely stronger than this year. I'm still enjoying this year, though. <3 The HOTC is a major save, though! That maze is CRAZY great! Trippiest maze ever- I thought Space Mountain at Disneyland taunted my eyes, hehe~