Freak

HHN Hollywood 2010 Discussion

i swear to god if saw comes back next year...

i guess it's a good thing that alot of people that have reviewed the event so far, of what i've seen, havnt been to impressed with saw so far this year...

I wanna see Universal take a shot at a comedic maze. They're usually bad but that's Knotts... kinda like the 3D at Knotts mazes are never scary but Universal's HOTC was...

So if Knotts somewhat fails at making a comedic maze, I bet Universal could do a good job at it. I don't know, just a thought. Scares and laughs all around.

Like The Simpsons: Gone Wild! Something just extremely odd, over the top and violent with sight gags and clowns that make the worst possible puns ever...

Yeah, Saw is not impressive at all! Murdy TRIED to hype it up, But it falls flat.

haha i know :P

I wanna see Universal take a shot at a comedic maze. They're usually bad but that's Knotts... kinda like the 3D at Knotts mazes are never scary but Universal's HOTC was...

So if Knotts somewhat fails at making a comedic maze, I bet Universal could do a good job at it. I don't know, just a thought. Scares and laughs all around.

Like The Simpsons: Gone Wild! Something just extremely odd, over the top and violent with sight gags and clowns that make the worst possible puns ever...

How about a Barney maze where the guy that plays Barney goes nuts and brutally murders the film crew. ;)

Hey I found this

for the Sweet 16 event inside one of the mazes. If you look at :36-39, you can see them using a scene from Scream in the All-Nite DIE-In maze. They show Ghostface pop out and the girl in the garage door. Just thought DTH would love to see that. ;)

YES! YES!!! YEEEEEESSSS!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!!!

*herbal essence commercial over 2 seconds of Scream*

YES! YES!!! YEEEEEESSSS!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!!!

*herbal essence commercial over 2 seconds of Scream*

I guess that's a little sneak peak on what the Scream maze is going to be like next year. I knew you'd go nuts over this. ;)

Murdy has opened the floodgates of speculation and its ridiculous. He says he thinks 2011 will be an all new year, he hopes to have a 6th maze added, and that mazes based on Shaun of the Dead, The Thing, Hellraiser, The Evil Dead, Scream, My Soul to Take (if it does well) and as usual The Exorcist are possible.

I'm hoping for Shaun of the Dead so I can get that comical maze I've been wondering about.

My Soul to Take looks kinda lame. They should just stick with Scream. One director's property at a time, haha.

A good lineup for next year would be:

Scream

Shaun of the Dead

The Evil Dead

Jeepers Creepers

The Hills Have Eyes (remake)/Original maze

House of Horrors

Murdy did say that he was interested in working with Eli Roth and that he was interested in his upcoming film. While My Soul to Take looks like it'll be a good movie, I honestly don't think it would serve as a god maze. So I think this is the line-up I'd like to see:

-House of Horrors overlay (That light helmet idea would be awesome!)

-Eli Roth's Funhouse: In 3D (I think this should go in the T2 queue to accommodate a big carnival-like facade like HoTC)

-Jeepers Creepers: What's Eating You? (This should go in the WWW, IMO.)

-Scream: Trouble in Woodsborro (This should go in the Shrek queue)

-Original maze in the Jurassic Park queue queue (Murdy did say that Freakz would be a cool concept to make an original maze out of.)

-Hellraiser: Time to Play! (I think this would go well in the lower lot personally.)

Honestly, I think I would like to see Pinhead as the main icon next year. I think he would be more fitting than Ghostface IMO.

*Just so you know, IMO means, "In my opinion."

Edited by Freakazoid

I'm hoping for Shaun of the Dead so I can get that comical maze I've been wondering about.

My Soul to Take looks kinda lame. They should just stick with Scream. One director's property at a time, haha.

A good lineup for next year would be:

Scream

Shaun of the Dead

The Evil Dead

Jeepers Creepers

The Hills Have Eyes (remake)/Original maze

House of Horrors

Not a bad line-up at all. I still wish they would balance movie-based mazes with some originals. If we're going up to six next year, no reason they can't do 4 movie ones and 2 originals. I would love to see an original that isn't crammed into HOH. I don't think it really counts otherwise.

I love the idea of a Jeepers Creepers maze (like you couldn't figure that out). Not so hot on Shaun of the Dead. I love the movie, but I just don't like comedic mazes. Seems counter-productive to me. But that's simply my taste. So, if I were to make a line-up like yours, I'd go with:

Scream

Hellraiser

Wolfman

Jeepers Creepers

SOMETHING COMPLETELY ORIGINAL

House of Horrors retaken by the Universal Classic Monsters

Edited by Creeper06

Murdy did say that he was interested in working with Eli Roth and that he was interested in his upcoming film. While My Soul to Take looks like it'll be a good movie, I honestly don't think it would serve as a god maze. So I think this is the line-up I'd like to see:

-House of Horrors overlay (That light helmet idea would be awesome!)

-Eli Roth's Funhouse: In 3D (I think this should go in the T2 queue to accommodate a big carnival-like facade like HoTC)

-Jeepers Creepers: What's Eating You? (This should go in the WWW, IMO.)

-Scream: Trouble in Woodsborro (This should go in the Shrek queue)

-Original maze in the Shrek queue (Murdy did say that Freakz would be a cool concept to make an original maze out of.)

-Hellraiser: Time to Play! (I think this would go well in the lower lot personally.)

Honestly, I think I would like to see Pinhead as the main icon next year. I think he would be more fitting than Ghostface IMO.

*Just so you know, IMO means, "In my opinion."

Also a very good line-up, Freakazoid. And, yes, Pinhead would make a great icon to the event. Freakz would make a good original maze. I also would like to see one themed around the Jack the Ripper SZ from 2 years ago (Streets of Blood?). There are a lot of themes available for original content.

Also a very good line-up, Freakazoid. And, yes, Pinhead would make a great icon to the event. Freakz would make a good original maze. I also would like to see one themed around the Jack the Ripper SZ from 2 years ago (Streets of Blood?). There are a lot of themes available for original content.

Oops I meant to say original maze in the JP queue (New location.) I'll fix that.

Okay it's fixed now. Anyway, with the success of House of 1,000 Corpses I'm willing to bet people will want another 3D maze. Eli Roth's Funhouse I'm sure would cut the better perfectly for such a demand.

Edited by Freakazoid

Here's the thing about Pinhead being a main icon: he does some FUCKED UP, WILD, IMAGINATIVE SHIT. Not that that's a bad thing it's just my expectations and what they can actually pull off are not in the same league. There'd be no way to do it RIGHT which is why they should leave it alone of him running the event. His evil is beyond crazy clowns, murderous dolls and etc.. We're getting into the realm of creatures terrorizing the night that don't even resemble humans and the like, which as we know, isn't feasible. Objects having a mind of their own and turning against people. Like I said, WILD stuff like that. It'd be idiotic to just have a bunch of cenobites running around scaring people. I mean, the Nightmare mazes were one thing and even that didn't go to the more outlandish stuff but Hellraiser would blow up the budget and they would probably be forced to make a movie out of it, haha. My line of thinking, they'd have to just focus on the first film or it's upcoming remake and leave it as a maze in itself. And I don't think it's a fun fit for the lower lot because lower lot is supposed to have the scarezone designated to it. And like I said, cenobites running around would be lame.

Scream deserves the lower lot. Throw that school bus down there, some cop cars, etc and have Ghostfaces running around and that's all you need for a successful, fitting and lower lot scare zone leading up to the maze. Plus Scream needs a good house facade which the lower lot can do (but nothing AMAZING like the T2 queue can provide). And Scream needs a bit more room than Shrek venue's claustrophobic atmosphere, which I think is a better fit for Hellraiser.

As for Eli Roth, I like the guys movies and all, but this dude does nothing but talk out of his ass about a thousand projects he is NEVER going to do. Seriously, he has a dozen films he's been talking about doing ever since Hostel 2. I know he's busy and can't get around to them and Hollywood doesn't exactly let you make a movie at your demand but do NOT count on any new project being at HHN next year. Cabin Fever, Hostel, maybe but definitely not a new project.

DTH, I actually think Scream would be the best fit in the Terminator queue. Just my opinion. I just can't picture Scream going in the Saw venue. Jurassic Park queue maybe, but I think the T2 queue would be a much better fit. It could accommodate the larger environments like the garage and stuff like that.

I really hope Murdy doesn't let us down this time... but if I have learned one thing from this years event its that I will always enjoy it no matter what. I would just enjoy it more if I got a Hellraiser maze.

He also mentioned From Dusk Til Dawn. That would be pretty great.

Edited by 00nightcrawler

Regarding the Hellraiser maze, they did a Hellraiser section for All Nite Die In Take 2 in Orlando in 2006 and it worked really well. Lots of scary hellish, torturous sets and plenty of cenobites doing the scaring. It's honestly not my favorite franchise, but that part of the maze was still very scary.

Regarding the Hellraiser maze, they did a Hellraiser section for All Nite Die In Take 2 in Orlando in 2006 and it worked really well. Lots of scary hellish, torturous sets and plenty of cenobites doing the scaring. It's honestly not my favorite franchise, but that part of the maze was still very scary.

You wen in it? If so, please tell us what specifically was in the Scream section. :) We already know the garage scene was in there.

You wen in it? If so, please tell us what specifically was in the Scream section. :) We already know the garage scene was in there.

Yeah. I did it a few times back in 2006. Because it was four films (Scream, Hellraiser, The Ring, and Silence of the Lambs) each film only got about three scenes a piece. If I remember right, you went through the garage. Tatum was hanging from the garage door and Ghostface would come from either the right or left (there were places for him to hide on either side) as you looked up. Then you went outside to a small backyard area, into the kitchen of the house when you could see the popcorn on the stove and hear the phone call with Casey. Ghostface came from the closet (I think). Then you went through the living room where everyone was watching Halloween in the movie. Once you were out, you went right into Hellraiser.

You'll have to forgive me but it's all a little fuzzy. It has been 4 years :rolleyes:

Where did Murdy say he was thinking about doing a Shaun of the Dead maze? I just see someone suggesting it, then Murdy saying that he did it last year as a scarezone.

Seriously, you guys read too much into what he says.

Thanks Creeper! I was awfully curious to know what they incorporated into the Scream sequence for that maze. :) Murdy said he was a bit concerned about doing Scream since you would pretty much be going through a bunch of normal houses, plus the fact Ghostface was made fun of so much in Scary Movie. He should do it! Ghostface has been my childhood fear since I was like five when I first saw the ads on TV for Scream 2 and 3. Now since I have just seen the first one over a month ago, I keep looking behind the doors when I turn the lights on in my room to make sure Ghostface isn't hiding there! :P A Scream maze would totally freak me out! Not to mention the dream sequence I've been hearing about in the third one (I've yet to see 2 and 3.) If they can do My Bloody Valentine they can certainly do Scream!

I'm not going to outlay my own Scream maze, but I'm just going to add on to the scenes used in Orlando and say what I would do for those scenes used in the maze. (Keep in mind there may be film spoilers ahead.)

I would have you enter the house where they had that big party (This is not the beginning, just in the middle of the maze.) with Halloween playing on the TV screen. An actor would be lying on the couch grumbling, "Uh.....look...behind..you. Look behind...you." before Ghostface would burst out of the closet behind him and scare the guests. Guests would immediately be led to the garage with Taturn (A live actor like I just showed you in that video.) as distraction to let Ghostace scare you like the Orlando maze. Guests would then be led to Casey's back yard through a maze of white sheets before they would pass the chair where Casey's boyfriend is, tied up and gored. finally, guests would be led through Casey's house and kitchen which is filled with smoke and the aroma of burnt popcorn. Ghostface would probably pound on the window with an actress playing Casey screaming like in the Halloween maze. Guests could also go through the high school and have the janitor dressed up as Freddy pop out of the closet or something saying, "Anything just happened here?" before you would pass the principal's body and be led through the lockers (Where some teens will pop out yelling "Don't liver spleen in the mailbox!" or something like that. You know they're going to reuse the lockers!) then to the restroom (They'll reuse this prop from the mazes past I'M SURE) where Sydney encounters Ghostface. I could go on, but I don't want to steal Murdy's thunder. Just some ideas I have.

Maybe that's where we got confused for this year. :mellow:

Where did Murdy say he was thinking about doing a Shaun of the Dead maze? I just see someone suggesting it, then Murdy saying that he did it last year as a scarezone.

He said he loved the movie and I remember even last year him saying he had given some thought to a maze. And I'm not getting my hopes up or anything, I don't even expect next year to be all new. The movies I've listed are just ones that are possible.