1. Nightingales: Blood Pit - I missed the first one, but the theme & costuming fascinated me from the moment I started following the event from home. It's a dream-come-true to be able to experience a newer, hopefully even more brutal group of 'gales in action. The setting is something pretty unprecedented as well. The history nerd in me loves that aspect of it to death.
2. Universal Classic Monsters - My dudes! Especially Phantom, Mummy, Creature, and the Invisible Man. Putting it in the Seeds parade building from last year makes me a little nervous for the sets, but I still think it could pull off some great things.
3. Depths of Fear - The tent houses really interest me this year. Expecting more of a SOMA vibe than a Bioshock vibe, and I'm super cool with that.
4. Us - Really interested to see the Vision Quest funhouse, possibly nega-Tim Heidecker in his fancy home, and of course, for the music. <3
5. Stranger Things 2&3 - All depends on how the Mind Flayer is conveyed. Based on the giant puppet rumors, I'm intrigued.
6. House of 1000 Corpses - If we get a "Run rabbit, run!" line from Otis/Bill Mosely-lookalike, I will yell "Dog will hunt!" back at him. Also, the setpieces should be really fun, this movie's full of 'em. Fishboy confirmed makes me super happy.
7. Ghostbusters - I know it's the creative team's passion project, so I can see this being absolutely breathtaking. I'm most excited for the NY Public Library section, as I work full time in an absolutely beautiful historic library further upstate. But Stay Puft has me hyped too.
8. Yeti: Terror of the Yukon - Hoping for a super aggressive cast and cool setpieces. Carnival Graveyard really underwhelmed me in this location last year, so this could go either way...
9. Killer Klowns from Outer Space - Although at 9, I'm still very much anticipating this house. I think I dropped it a bit in my list because the press release for Hollywood specifically mentioned Mooney, the cop-turned-puppet, and Orlando's left him out. So I'm nervous that the freakiest scene in the film (and one I felt would translate best to a house) might not be included. So this is a wildcard until we know exactly what's inside. Cotton candy cocoon scares could be great though!
10. Graveyard Games - This could move way up since I do dig the Louisiana graveyard setting, but it could also go the super-generic route. I get why people are getting hyped for the interactive social media gimmick, that's just not my thing.
For the Scarezones:
1. Vanity Ball - I like my scare zones how I like my women: Classy & homicidal in disturbing ways.
2. Rob Zombie's Hellbilly Deluxe - A lot of cool setpieces here, plus the Living Dead Girl video stage is probably the closest we'll ever get to seeing The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari have any presence at HHN.
3. Anarch-Cade - I'm a sucker for neon and I think the chainsaws will fit well in this area. Hoping some actors take the time to sneak up on folks in the Killer Klowns queue like last year's did near the H4 one.
4. Vikings Undead - Weird direction to go in with the zombies thing, but much better than getting White Walkers this year tbh. The props & decor are hyping me up for this though.
5. Zombieland - Should still be a really fun zone. The cast lookalikes should be cool, though I don't know what else to really look forward to seeing there.