Halloween Horror Nights Orlando 29 Discussion Thread

zombieman

Not trying to make this a plug legit asking if anyone is interested. I know some people in here have listened to my podcast Nick and Jason’s Excellent Podcast. We will be making our trip finally this upcoming weekend. If anyone is interested find us with our podcast shirts on ( yes we are those guys haha ) and get a Koozie from us 

Just wrapped up 4 nights in a row... when I get an extra hour I will post a review. But overall this was a great year! Houses were fantastic! SZ's were average but still really fun! We, once again, had a blast!

I will also add... that little bit of rain kept the crowds away Saturday the 14th. It was the slowest Saturday Ive ever seen and Ive been going since 2006. It was awesome we did 13 houses and still had plenty of time to eat, drink, sit around, catch the lagoon show. Was great!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, PeoriaBJJ said:

Just wrapped up 4 nights in a row... when I get an extra hour I will post a review. But overall this was a great year! Houses were fantastic! SZ's were average but still really fun! We, once again, had a blast!

I will also add... that little bit of rain kept the crowds away Saturday the 14th. It was the slowest Saturday Ive ever seen and Ive been going since 2006. It was awesome we did 13 houses and still had plenty of time to eat, drink, sit around, catch the lagoon show. Was great!

YES! We went that day and it was soooo nice! I posted that I was worried about not doing FP since it was too expensive for us... it was so worth it to do the Stay and Scream add on since my wife and I aren't UOAPs anymore. Longest we waited was about 45 min for Stranger Things and that was including the time in the S&S corral. Overall, times were great Yeti 20 min Us 20 min 1000 C's 30 min Uni Monsters 15min Graveyard Games 15min Killer Klowns 5!!! Min.

So much fun! My favorite was definitely Yeti, although it was closed when the event first opened (we went through ST and Us first and then it opened) looked like some of the Yeti's took too long in makeup?

On 9/9/2019 at 8:13 AM, itsabee said:

Stranger Things is where Poltergeist was last year while Ghostbusters is the one in front of the stage, so the waiting area should be the same regardless.

In my personal experience on the first two nights, it doesn’t save much time to do the big houses first. Ghostbusters took 40 minutes even with being the first one through the gate on my turnstile because I was up at the front. Speed-walked there and everything, but still.

I don’t know how it’s gonna be with Stay and Scream, but you could always try. The waits generally don’t improve over the night for those big ones, whereas it feels like the smaller houses only worsen. All in all, the ones I’ve waited a considerable amount of time for would have been 7:26-8:02 for Universal Classic Monsters, 8:20ish-8:45 for Graveyard Games, 8:50-9:45 for Nightengales, and obviously ST and Busters get some lines. I know that at least the beginning of the night, all of the back houses should be walk-ons; House of 1000 Corpses followed immediately by Depths of Fear had almost no wait for us on opening night, and were it not for it being opened a little later last night, Nightengales would have been good at 6:30. As we left Nightengales, we could see that Depths was still a walk-on.

Anyway, back-of-the-park strategy is always handy, but if you want to do one of those bigger houses more than once (I don’t know about ST, but Ghostbusters has some sights), sure, go ahead and knock it out with S&S. I wouldn’t advise doing both of the big ones one after the other unless the goal is to get them out of the way. If the goal is to save time, the problem is that everyone else has the same idea and once they’re done with those big houses, they’re going to head to the smaller ones and the lines will increase.

I hope you guys have so much fun at HHN and that the lines won’t be too harsh! If you run into problems and need recommendations or directions, I’ll be there Saturday and I’m more than willing to help out. Have a great time and do remember to plan a first house, but otherwise, I find it easier and more fun to decide in the moment. Cheers!

Hey Bee! The stilt walker in Ghostbusters was there on Saturday!

I was tracking wait times and was wondering what the heck was going on Saturday.  Short lines everywhere all night!  Stranger Things and GB always under an hour - on a freaking SATURDAY.  So many 10 min wait times.  Was blissful to see that (from my dry, cool California home)

21 hours ago, Hhnsophmore said:

Not trying to make this a plug legit asking if anyone is interested. I know some people in here have listened to my podcast Nick and Jason’s Excellent Podcast. We will be making our trip finally this upcoming weekend. If anyone is interested find us with our podcast shirts on ( yes we are those guys haha ) and get a Koozie from us 

Hell yeah ! What nights?

1 hour ago, Merlin said:

Hey Bee! The stilt walker in Ghostbusters was there on Saturday!

Bee ! I like it !

I’m so glad that you guys had those minimal waits; Sunday was so good that I felt comfortable and encouraged to do Ghostbusters twice back-to-back because of those small crowds. What was your favorite house?

I've tracked my miles walked for haunts for years.  Orlando is at least 12 miles a night.   They murder you with the queues.  Hollywood is an avg of 5.5 miles per night.  Their houses are clustered like Orlando, but even when they have 2 hour waits everywhere, walking from house exit to queue entrance is a minute, tops.

At least you burn a couple of orders of pizza fries a night in Orlando :)

ugh so quiet... I mean I guess the event is what it is, I have to wait until the end of October for my trip, but I miss when the forums used to be so hot and active during the HHN season with theories and things like that during the immersive times doing our games and Legendary Truth stuff. Still awesome event but I guess less to discuss now. It has opened, everything is revealed and yep....thats it

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 9/17/2019 at 3:59 PM, itsabee said:

Hell yeah ! What nights?

Bee ! I like it !

I’m so glad that you guys had those minimal waits; Sunday was so good that I felt comfortable and encouraged to do Ghostbusters twice back-to-back because of those small crowds. What was your favorite house?

Idk why but I always read your name "Its a bee" XD

My wife's favorite was Us, and she saw the movie - hated it - and loved the house. I never saw Us, but just thought the house was "okay".

I changed my mind and my favorite was hands down Ghostbusters (was Yeti). The scares weren't overall super over the top, but as a HUGE nerd for that movie it was AMAZING walking through all the sets. I couldn't stop looking around! The headquarters scene with Janine and the part with Louis and Dana... BEST PARTS EVER! I loved the full size Slimer suits and the Gozer dog puppets!

Best scares was definitely Yeti and a very close second for favorite house. 

I love the House shirt that we got , but can't help wondering why Ghostbusters isn't on it? Anyone know why?

44 minutes ago, DocNiktMarr said:

So we're not going to mention Sid Haig (Captain Spaulding)'s passing?

Seeing as Spaulding plays a part in this year's event, I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up.

I just read about it about an hour ago. I knew he had some health complications and the recent film had to be re-wrote a few times to accommodate that. I didn't realize he was 80!

7 hours ago, Rikku said:

ugh so quiet... I mean I guess the event is what it is, I have to wait until the end of October for my trip, but I miss when the forums used to be so hot and active during the HHN season with theories and things like that during the immersive times doing our games and Legendary Truth stuff. Still awesome event but I guess less to discuss now. It has opened, everything is revealed and yep....thats it

Come over to IU. Active as ever.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

UPDATE: HHN Orlando has ADDED a 42nd night to the event this year!

On 9/17, it was announced that MONDAY October 21st has been added.

I would expect this to be a wonderfully dead night to attend, and I have verified that all levels of FFP will work for this night (excluding Rush of Fear, obviously).

If your FFP pass has Express option, you will get Express access for October 21st.  The event will end at 1AM on the 21st.

It appears both the Academy of Villains and Marathon of Mayhem shows will take place on the 21st.

Also available for this added night is:

• Express Pass ($89.99)
  • Unmasking the Horror tours (3 house and 6 house)
  • RIP tour

Scareactor dining experience is NOT available at this time for October 21.  Some other non-weekend nights do not have this experience.

This presumably was added to make up for Wednesday October 16 being a non HHN night, extending that week to 5 straight nights of HHN.

It also means nearly every week of HHN would see 5 day stretches of being open.

I seriously doubt we see an additional night added unless it is Sunday Nov 3rd.

Ok, so I’ve done both HHN Orlando and HHN Hollywood within two weeks. 

Orlando Pros: 

- Elaborate Set Design of houses

- Beautiful, well designed scarezones

- No horror-less deadzones

- Blinky Cups

- Nice 80s theme (besides the houses)

- Dark and spooky lighting

- Lagoon show

Orlando Cons: 

- Party Atmosphere/Music

- Not scary

- Very generic and repetitive costumes

- Crappy dancing show

Hollywood Pros:

- Much scarier than Orlando (more startling noises)

- Agressive scarezones scareactors

- Costume Design

- Creepy Atmosphere/Music

- Generic Crypt TV Que Videos

Hollywood Cons:

- Crappy facades

- A lot of black walls and hallways in the houses

- No “real” scarzones. They’re all very basic with not much design. Toxic Tunnel? Just a bunch of lights.

- Horrorless Deadzones. It really takes you out of the atmosphere of the event. Too much light as well. The whole event needs to be darker like Orlando.

- No overall theme. Just the merch is 80’s

- Crappy dancing show

Overall, Hollywood is lightyears behind Orlando but Orlando could take some notes from Hollywood on their scare factor and “Horror” atmosphere. Hollywood really doesn’t feel like HHN. It’s a completely different vibe than Orlando.

• Like 3

Don't know if anyone has gotten an HHN survey this month, but I did.

It was much different than the survey at the exit of HHN.

Typical Q's asking of thoughts on the houses, and advertisement.

Then they asked some Q's about the shows, and AoV.

Didn't ask IF you wanted to see them next year, but rather asked how excited you were to see the 2020 AoV show.  Strange to see them saying flat out that it WILL be there.

But then they asked a couple of questions about a different show....   A show from 2017....   A show we haven't seen since...

They asked how much you liked that particular 2017 show.

Not whether you wanted it to come back or if you liked it more than AoV or not. 

Just asked what you thought about it.

Very interesting.