Goodbye Aiello...?

itsabee

Feel free to move this thread if it doesn’t belong here; I can’t find a good place to put it. But is no one going to talk about the fact that Mike Aiello is officially done with HHN and moving on to work on Epic Universe? I left it alone for a few days just in case someone else brought it up, but I haven’t seen anything...

EDBY-XrXUAAxeA3?format=jpg&name=mediumEDBY-XsXoAAicce?format=jpg&name=mediumEDBY-XtXYAAR6Mc?format=jpg&name=mediumEDBY-XrWwAEmIcd?format=jpg&name=medium

http://Michael Aiello (@Michael_Aiello) Tweeted: A beginnings end leads to a new beginning.. To the fans of @HorrorNightsORL.. my undying thanks and eternal gratitude. #HHN29 https://t.co/FGT4Y2oJVC

(forgive me, I don’t know how to embed tweets)

• Sad 1

It's definitely an end of an era.  He's been a staple of Universal Studios and HHN for a long time.  We're glad he's moving on to a new challenge and it'll be great for the new park!  HHN is in good hands though, and has changed a lot since Aiello started with it.   We wish him the best of luck and was always a joy to see him during the event and chat! 

Beat me to the post itsabee.  Shocked when I read about it.

I felt sad when Michael J Roddy left and yet HHN somehow survived.  It did change a bit when Aiello took over, but I could argue the change was for the better.

I think HHN is in good shape, but I would be worried for Orlando if Murdy was coming over to run HHN.  

I'm excited to see what his creativity brings to the new park - especially the Classic Monsters section (if that becomes a reality)!

Looking forward more than ever to wear my "Aiello Club" shirt to HHN this year

• Like 3

3 hours ago, zombieman said:

Beat me to the post itsabee.  Shocked when I read about it.

I felt sad when Michael J Roddy left and yet HHN somehow survived.  It did change a bit when Aiello took over, but I could argue the change was for the better.

I think HHN is in good shape, but I would be worried for Orlando if Murdy was coming over to run HHN.  

I'm excited to see what his creativity brings to the new park - especially the Classic Monsters section (if that becomes a reality)!

Looking forward more than ever to wear my "Aiello Club" shirt to HHN this year

Yeah!! I’m relatively new to I guess the “behind the scenes” elements of HHN as far as higher-ups go - my boyfriend talked to me about his interactions with show directors in general before I ever heard of Aiello specifically - so I’m not really well-versed enough in anyone’s specific style. 

I know that he’s very loved, and that’s why I was super surprised to see that no one said anything on here beforehand. I opened his Twitter to see if there were any cool updates and saw that tweet the day it was posted, but waited for someone actually well-known on the forum to post it first. What I do know, though, is that if Murdy is the one responsible for the black-wall style of Hollywood houses, I’m worried, too...

And I couldn’t agree more about EU! To be honest, initially, my passion for the Phantom of the Opera fueled my excitement for Monsters. After hearing so much about the classic HOUSES featuring our guys from the nineties, though, I’m super pumped about them being brought back better than ever this year. The fact that it might be a permanent fixture in EU fills a sentimental gap that the Monster Cafe can’t completely cover for me, yknow?

Edited by itsabee
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know this is late, but Ima miss him. I've actually ran into him at the event quite a few times, he's a really good guy.

I wonder though, with him gone, whoever's in charge next year is gonna have a heavy weight on their shoulders with being in charge of the 30-year anniversary.

• 2 weeks later...

Although Mr. Aiello has left HHN, you probably won't notice it during HHN 30.  That has been under design long before he left.

We've seen some stunning houses recently from Patrick Braillard and Charles Gray; I'm sure the future of HHN is in good hands.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zombieman said:

Although Mr. Aiello has left HHN, you probably won't notice it during HHN 30.  That has been under design long before he left.

We've seen some stunning houses recently from Patrick Braillard and Charles Gray; I'm sure the future of HHN is in good hands.  

When are you going this year? I always anticipate your really long review.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

21 hours ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

When are you going this year? I always anticipate your really long review.

I went Sep 25-29th.  

I was going post my review, but after reading your comment, have decided to make it longer :P

Still have not gone to HHN Hollywood this year, even though it's only 30 miles away...