LegendaryTruth - The Collective

Luke

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some additional conversation between IH and myself this evening via message:

(Originally I asked a question about Adaru and any historical background and misspoke - calling the portametus something else)

IH: Actually the term "portametus" was handed to us, not invented. Odd, no?

IH

GB: Porta means gate in several languages and Metus is a Latin noun for fear. The odd part is who labeled the item as such, since they would know the function.

IH: Nevertheless, counselor, that's how it arrived here in Princeton with a label attached...from Universal Art & Desigfn department.

IH

I've been lurking for quite some time, but felt that I should interject due to having some information regarding this particular post

Heh, I did what I could to try to get people to look at more than just the questions getting answered, but alas. People do get determined.

I'll just spell otu my conclusions on the meeting here rather than the facebook boards because, well, mainly, i trust y'all more. Someone do me a favor since I'm just this side of beyond ill with bronchitis. Keep an eye out for/on Gerry Morrison. I think (think) that we were introduced (kinda, she's popped up on very RARE occasion before) to our newest key player tonight. (or Goth wackee's newest ident., could swing either way still)

Most the rest of the Q&A was one big ol Red Herring.

I had a private conversation with AE about my personal suspicions of Gerry Morrison (I had the same Idea as you)

"I have been in contact with Ms. Morrison. She seems very focused on the investigation.

Allison"

Seems Gerry Morrison ticked off Ignatia a little

"Yes, but think before we act. Ms Himmel is handling Goth Wackee...and wants to find out her identity. Why? Why is an attorney calling more shots that Ms Endicott??? Is it Goth's connection to Ryan and um...that Ryan may have the device? I mean, Goth would make a good hostage...I'm just sayin."-Gerry Morrison

"Ms. Morrison, what exactly are you insinuating? I might suggest you seek legal counsel before publishing criminal accusations. IH" -Ignatia Himmel

I looked at Gerry's profile and it does look suspisious. Like it was just put together to be usede for something like Legendary Truth. Not sure though.

Seems Gerry Morrison ticked off Ignatia a little

"Yes, but think before we act. Ms Himmel is handling Goth Wackee...and wants to find out her identity. Why? Why is an attorney calling more shots that Ms Endicott??? Is it Goth's connection to Ryan and um...that Ryan may have the device? I mean, Goth would make a good hostage...I'm just sayin."-Gerry Morrison

"Ms. Morrison, what exactly are you insinuating? I might suggest you seek legal counsel before publishing criminal accusations. IH" -Ignatia Himmel

I looked at Gerry's profile and it does look suspisious. Like it was just put together to be usede for something like Legendary Truth. Not sure though.

And my whole point being, from a writer's standpoint, that sure looks a WHOLE lot more like storytelling dialoge than it does a real person/player of the "game" speaking to a "legal representative".

and not only does the profile look rigged, but the face in the photo looks slightly photoshopped, with a very conveniant lens flair coming from the corner to be able to soften the photo/dull any markings of such.

Edited by Chemowasabi

Thanks for posting up all the information! : )) I got caught up in events at home so I wasn't able to make it to the Q&A, but that's some very interesting information released. I sense a downhill ball-rolling now that September has begun, and the onset of the event is drawing nearby. (I love that someone pointed out that the coordinates point to the Bass Shop Pro and Steerington is off on a fishing trip, lol. Maybe the "event" is that he got kidnapped or murdered of something while shopping! lol Yikes!) Anyway, much appreciated to those that went ahead and put all the questions and answers in one place. I'm also really interested to see if Gerry Morrison is related to LT~ <3

And my whole point being, from a writer's standpoint, that sure looks a WHOLE lot more like storytelling dialogue than it does a real person/player of the "game" speaking to a "legal representative".

You noticed that too? How they seem to be chatting away more or less conversationally and all at once the words become very carefully chosen? It's a marker..."Here comes important info, kids!"

Things seem quite straightforward to me. Two factions, one attempting to raise FEAR, the other attempting to put him down, perhaps with the help of this device. If this were a movie, I would immediately be suspicious of the motives of Mr. Fell and Co...and I DO I have my suspicions about said Mr. Fell's motivations...but I wouldn't put it past A&D to throw us a curve. I have an innate distrust of bureaucratic types (as do most of us, I think) and they could be trying to play on that. But the fact that LT gave us the pictures to be assembled gives me pause. How did they KNOW which photos to advance, unless they planted them. And didn't it seem LT already knew what was going to be formed in the image, and were simply waiting for us to use our collective attention to bring it forth? Additionally, why the HELL was a magical object with as much psychokinetic potential as this lantern allowed to molder away in a storeroom for nineteen years? What was it doing there at ALL? Unless of course it was placed there, and has, all this time, been charging itself up utilizing the fear generated by HHN. And if so, by whom?

Did I mention that I'm REALLY suspicious of Mr. Fell?

I would immediately be suspicious of the motives of Mr. Fell and Co...and I DO I have my suspicions about said Mr. Fell's motivations...but I wouldn't put it past A&D to throw us a curve. I have an innate distrust of bureaucratic types (as do most of us, I think) and they could be trying to play on that.

I'm sure it doesn't play an integral part in story but as far as "In The Story" goes. That's probably why they didn't want to specify how they get their funding. Considering it might "alarm" some people if it was govt. oriented.

And I wouldn't consider Rob a stalker. If the information is on the internet and easily obtainable then it's not really stalking. The govt. does the same thing and I know it's a crazy concept...but we call it investigating. If he was throwing pebbles at your window every night saying "Dug, come hang out. I miss you. Let's go get some pizza and talk about LT." and then he followed you to work everyday, etc then maybe he would be a stalker.

Edited by Jakemeister

I'm starting to think the section of A&D responsible for running LT is getting pissed off that, now, there is this Wyandot investigation with a rogue cell. I'm starting to wonder how intertwined the two investigations are. When the Wyandot estate was announced, it suddenly looked like the Collective got entirely wrapped up the status of Thorncastle and the Device and stopped worrying about Fear and the Lantern, which is what the current official investigation actually is about. That's why so many of of the answers kept trying to push us back to Fear, etc.

I imagine that LT wanted some very specific information to get out during the conference, but looking through the questions and answers I'm curious if any of it got out. We'll find out they want us to know in a couple of days.

We have mutliple charaters (some who have disappeared, quit or were terminated), two "devices" (portametus and "Device"), the old investigation about the "Device" by Throncastle, the new investigation surrounding Fear, the separate investigaton involving Wyandot Estate.... we have LT, Spirit Seekers, Universal and Uni's A&D... the lantern itself... artifacts changing and burning and scorch marks... etc etc etc

MY POINT: Could it be that the Q&A did provide us with some information but we can't see the forrest through all the trees. - OR - That we were not asking the right questions because it was an overload of everything (some of which may not have been specifically "LT related")

just trying to trigger aditional thinking

Edited by L8NiteEngineer

We have mutliple charaters (some who have disappeared, quit or were terminated), two "devices" (portametus and "Device"), the old investigation about the "Device" by Throncastle, the new investigation surrounding Fear, the separate investigaton involving Wyandot Estate.... we have LT, Spirit Seekers, Universal and Uni's A&D... the lantern itself... artifacts changing and burning and scorch marks... etc etc etc

MY POINT: Could it be that the Q&A did provide us with some information but we can't see the forrest through all the trees. - OR - That we were not asking the right questions because it was an overload of everything (some of which may not have been specifically "LT related")

I'm with you. I think the Collective needs to refocus on Fear and the Portametus and not worry so much about Thorncastle and the Device. Let the Spirit Seekers deal with that, specifically. I think that's why, outside of the game, they created a rogue cell for Wyandot Estate, so it wouldn't be a part of the specific investigation of Fear.

In a totally unrelated to anything I had said before post, my favorite part of last nights' little gathering was when someone asked that, If they should run into Fear or any of the other Icons, they should physically subdue them to bring them in for capture.

Immediately LT/A+D were all "noooooo, that's ok though, thanks. we'll take care of that part.

I was just thinking "yeah, that would be a real quick way to turn any future LT things astray, beat up the people at HHN itself to "bring them in"

Edited by Chemowasabi

right right, that's been pointed out, and then unfortunetly beaten to death by all participants.

Yes, I'm sorry. I replied to your post before reading ahead.

I had hoped to answer first before Rob had a chance of seeing your post, so that he then would not have done so. I knew if he did, anything he said concerning the fact that Gerry was real person would somehow be taken as an attack against her and her family. The enmity between them has grown so much that now Rob cannot post anything here or on Facebook without them taking exception to it.

This whole situation upsets me deeply as I rather like all of those concerned. Doug is bright, funny and runs a very entertaining blog, plus he's a big time Doctor Who Geek. He has said very nice things about me on My Remote Radio. Jessica seems quite nice and Gerry seems to me to be a wonderful combination of Shirley MacClaine and Endora (please take that as the compliment it is meant to be!)

Rob is valiant, fearless and true. Sounds like I'm describing a knight of the round table, but he is like some latter day warrior on a quest. He is a remarkable man and I am proud to be his friend. (and he is also a big time Doctor Who Geek)

But there just seems to be something about Rob that utterly infuriates them, and as I am determined to remain loyal to all my friends, I will not turn against them even if they don't get along with each other.

But, to bring this on-topic and hopefully close this can of worms, as members of the COLLECTIVE seeking to uncover the deadly and dangerous facts that hopefully will save us from a fate of eternal agonizing FEAR, we must learn to put aside our personal prejudices, our petty personality conflicts and our concerns about who was the first to point out what - there is just too much at stake now for that!

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

I think you're dead on. The answers weren't in the actual things they said but more what they moved away from talking about. I'm still laughing about the sending Steerington off on a luxurious boat fishing trip!

It's a fez. I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool.

I'm still curious about one of the things mentioned that almost got overlooked at the meeting. One of the attendees mentioned they thought that the portameus looked like a time peice

"Ross Ricupero is the portametus possibly a timepiece? the tick marks around the outside would indicate cycles.

Perhaps it is a map?"

because of the white tickings along the outside, to which LT's response was (VERY quickly, I might add, like 5 messages later when mst posts were getting answered much later)

"Scott V. Gordon Ross, good information. We will take that to the lab"

Wouldn't have caught my eye if it weren't for the quick turnaround time. So I went to look at the picture they have posted of the portameus, and if you count the white tickings (including the ones underneath the ornate gold peice) There are, in fact, 20. I'm not much for coincidence.

I'm still curious about one of the things mentioned that almost got overlooked at the meeting. One of the attendees mentioned they thought that the portameus looked like a time peice

"Ross Ricupero is the portametus possibly a timepiece? the tick marks around the outside would indicate cycles.

Perhaps it is a map?"

because of the white tickings along the outside, to which LT's response was (VERY quickly, I might add, like 5 messages later when mst posts were getting answered much later)

Wouldn't have caught my eye if it weren't for the quick turnaround time. So I went to look at the picture they have posted of the portameus, and if you count the white tickings (including the ones underneath the ornate gold peice) There are, in fact, 20. I'm not much for coincidence.

"Coincidences always mean something... except when you're busy."

Perhaps it is a map?"

Bowties AND fezzes are cool.

But yes, that answer struck me more than the others because it was very quick, as you said, but also very "thanks for the help. we didn't think of that" The only other time I thought they sounded that way was when asked about Thorncastle. She quickly replied no we don't know where he is but if you do, please let us know.

They were very dodgy on the subject of the portametus being pieced together. They said yes, we did the work for them and yes they wanted us to but didn't want to take the responsibility for what happened and were unclear if they knew what would happen.

Yes, I'm sorry. I replied to your post before reading ahead.

I had hoped to answer first before Rob had a chance of seeing your post, so that he then would not have done so. I knew if he did, anything he said concerning the fact that Gerry was real person would somehow be taken as an attack against her and her family. The enmity between them has grown so much that now Rob cannot post anything here or on Facebook without them taking exception to it.

This whole situation upsets me deeply as I rather like all of those concerned. Doug is bright, funny and runs a very entertaining blog, plus he's a big time Doctor Who Geek. He has said very nice things about me on My Remote Radio. Jessica seems quite nice and Gerry seems to me to be a wonderful combination of Shirley MacClaine and Endora (please take that as the compliment it is meant to be!)

Rob is valiant, fearless and true. Sounds like I'm describing a knight of the round table, but he is like some latter day warrior on a quest. He is a remarkable man and I am proud to be his friend. (and he is also a big time Doctor Who Geek)

But there just seems to be something about Rob that utterly infuriates them, and as I am determined to remain loyal to all my friends, I will not turn against them even if they don't get along with each other.

But, to bring this on-topic and hopefully close this can of worms, as members of the COLLECTIVE seeking to uncover the deadly and dangerous facts that hopefully will save us from a fate of eternal agonizing FEAR, we must learn to put aside our personal prejudices, our petty personality conflicts and our concerns about who was the first to point out what - there is just too much at stake now for that!

Thank-you Dr Jimmy. The posts pertaining to the conversation were removed due too it had nothing to do with LT and it was creating more then just a Debate on who is who. I for one can say i value Rob's Knowledge on anything that has to do with HHN/LT, and your's as well for that matter. Iv'e been so busy with work and stuff to where I havent the slightist idea as to what is going on with LT, but I hope to catch up in the next couple of days.

Thank-you Dr Jimmy. The posts pertaining to the conversation were removed due too it had nothing to do with LT and it was creating more then just a Debate on who is who. I for one can say i value Rob's Knowledge on anything that has to do with HHN/LT, and your's as well for that matter. Iv'e been so busy with work and stuff to where I havent the slightist idea as to what is going on with LT, but I hope to catch up in the next couple of days.

Agreed. Dr. Jimmy, you've been beyond helpful every step of the way in the investigation. And thank you, Dreamstalker for keeping everyone on track.

Bowties AND fezzes are cool.

But yes, that answer struck me more than the others because it was very quick, as you said, but also very "thanks for the help. we didn't think of that" The only other time I thought they sounded that way was when asked about Thorncastle. She quickly replied no we don't know where he is but if you do, please let us know.

They were very dodgy on the subject of the portametus being pieced together. They said yes, we did the work for them and yes they wanted us to but didn't want to take the responsibility for what happened and were unclear if they knew what would happen.

Yeah, I persoanlly liked the "the markings appeared because of the work the collective was doing"

No, you showed us the markings for this to all begin with. If there were no markings we wouldn't have started randomly putting normal photos on top of each other hoping for an ornate pattern. Mind you, an ornate pattern of a "device" (portameus) that ends up happens to be sittign IN their offices along with the lantern. So if they have both the lantern and the portameus at thier offices, why did Mr. Fell need us to put together the pictures for them? were they not able (having the answer sitting there at the office) to go "Oh, that looks vaguely familiar" especially after the first symbol was revealed? I somehow think putting the man in charge on a boat in the middle of a big lake with no lines of communication has let the asylum start to run itself, and now the wrong people are playing with the "big kids toys"

Bowties and Fezzes might be cool, but remember, Bananas are good.

And as for Thorncastle, I'll have to check out the nearest bait and tackle shop to see if I see a large white truck that seems to be glowing and/or has a large vine covered dude hanging out around it.

Edited by Chemowasabi

Yeah, I persoanlly liked the "the markings appeared because of the work the collective was doing"

No, you showed us the markings for this to all begin with. If there were no markings we wouldn't have started randomly putting normal photos on top of each other hoping for an ornate pattern. Mind you, an ornate pattern of a "device" (portameus) that ends up happens to be sittign IN their offices along with the lantern. So if they have both the lantern and the portameus at thier offices, why did Mr. Fell need us to put together the pictures for them? were they not able (having the answer sitting there at the office) to go "Oh, that looks vaguely familiar" especially after the first symbol was revealed? I somehow think putting the man in charge on a boat in the middle of a big lake with no lines of communication has let the asylum start to run itself, and now the wrong people are playing with the "big kids toys"

Bowties and Fezzes might be cool, but remember, Bananas are good.

And as for Thorncastle, I'll have to check out the nearest bait and tackle shop to see if I see a large white truck that seems to be glowing and/or has a large vine covered dude hanging out around it.

And for all of us big time Doctor Who Geeks isn't there something about Mr. Fell that reminds us of somebody?

doctor_who_the_master.jpg