LegendaryTruth - The Collective

Luke

Just got a response to two questions I asked Ms. Himmel.

1) The Universal employee has not been identified yet.

2) The other evidence found is indeed more images and they are currently in preliminary review by the CIL.

Awesome! Can't wait for them to be released. Prob a week or two before we receive those. I wonder how many more there are.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thought since seeing these photos is that they either came out of the lantern or were thrown in by someone but snatched out by someone in A&D (Maybe Cell Director) in an effort to stop the process that has already begun. If they came from the lantern that opens alot of vague possibilities, maybe that after every year this lantern somehow absorbs that year and they have been in there now, merging togteher to create something truly terrifying. If they were snatched out of the lantern after someone threw them in, that could possibly mean they were being used to feed whatever is inhabiting the lantern, making it stronger. That would imply that the entity in the lantern gets its power by feeding off previous years. This currently is my theory of chioce.

Thinking about the thought that someone could have thrown images into the lantern what if the images that are thrown into the lantern come to life. Like the characters thrown in come out alive. This is a funny analogy but sort of like the Indian in the cupboard style lol. Maybe the person from the audio transmission whitnessed someone putting the images in the lantern and was then attacked by the person or characters coming out?

Edited by HHNMongrel

And while we're on that subject, what are everyone's thoughts on whether or not this is the first time the lantern has appeared? Could this really be something new or has it just been hiding in plain site all along. Capturing the "Shadows of the Past"??

The only two things I can remember are that the Headless Horseman from American Gothic carried around a lantern, and Julian Browning carries around a flashlight. Both objects capture and shine light. Other than that, I'm drawing a blank. Unless we count the fire as the source and not the lantern itself. That can be traced all the way back to the original Fright Nights, if I'm not mistaken.

Thinking about the thought that someone could have thrown images into the lantern what if the images that are thrown into the lantern come to life. Like the characters thrown in come out alive. This is a funny analogy but sort of like the Indian in the cupboard style lol. Maybe the person from the audio transmission whitnessed someone putting the images in the lantern and was then attacked by the person or characters coming out?

another interesting possibility

Not much but my theory is the astrialogical symbols in circle.

Just a thought

astrological_symbols.jpg

Thats the first thing that came to mind when I really looked at it.

It's kind of weird, but i've been thinking about a zodiac type theme since even before we had any clue to this year's theme. This would be really cool and lead to a lot of cool possibilities

your time will come.

"Thy will be done"

Long time lurker, first time poster.

This will be a little off-topic but I will bring it back on track, I promise!

Obviously Dr. Jimmy knows his stuff - he's very thorough in his research and has helped all of you come to various conclusions regarding speculation. However, I highly suggest keeping an eye out for the things that TheEyeOfHorus posts. Having been reading over the board, I've noticed that whatever they post tends to be either subtle clues or very obvious clues. Yet, it seems that almost everyone looks over their posts and disregards what is says. Anyways, just a suggestion from me - As I decided to make an account here out of shear frustration :)

Going back to LT - It's obvious that these are only smaller pieces of a bigger puzzle. Someone mentioned that if LT couldn't solve it, then obviously we won't find much either - and I agree. I believe our best option, currently, is to "piece" together what we can (in terms of the puzzle) and wait patiently for whatever else is to come. It's fairly obvious that we will be getting more photos like me.

/end my, what people will probably believe to be, rude introduction.

Horus knows all, alright. He's tipped that hand at least half a dozen times that I know of. To miss it you'd have to be drunk or asleep or falling off a turnip truck or something. On the other hand I don't think Dr. Jimmy has any advance knowledge...at least, not until very recently. The Doc is, however, blessed with that triple threat of genius level intelligence, lots and lots of free time, and the ability to prepare an absolutely devastating vodka martini. This is a formidable combination if ever there was one.

Listen to them, for they are good and they are wise. Okay, they are wise. As for me, well, I'm just an ignorant old hillbilly...but I DO have one observation that seems to have been overlooked here. Remember way back when I suggested that HHNXX might be a more-or-less direct sequel to HHN18? Well, remember Mary Aganas mysterious doodles that suddenly morphed into a full-on mural featuring elements from all the houses and scarezones?

This is going to do that too. I'd bet my tractor on it. If I had a tractor.

Edited by Bsquare

I really think we're way past the "Family Tree" theory. It was something that was both entertaining to think about and intriguing in it's concept when we didn't have anything at all to speculate about. Though I would love to see the Gorewood tree return, I think it would be wise for all us to think outside of the box from now on and keep our minds fresh as the evidence and clues are offically given.

And while we're on that subject, what are everyone's thoughts on whether or not this is the first time the lantern has appeared? Could this really be something new or has it just been hiding in plain site all along. Capturing the "Shadows of the Past"??

I think I'd remember seeing a flaming lantern of death. lol Also I dont think Uni would plan that far ahead...it would be very interesting if they did but I doubt it.

Just got a response to two questions I asked Ms. Himmel.

1) The Universal employee has not been identified yet.

2) The other evidence found is indeed more images and they are currently in preliminary review by the CIL.

Didnt i say these were just pieces of a larger puzzle, that is also a piece to a larger puzzle itself.....

I think I'd remember seeing a flaming lantern of death. lol Also I dont think Uni would plan that far ahead...it would be very interesting if they did but I doubt it.

I wasn't speaking literally, but rather conceptually. I don't think there was a lantern hidden for 20 years, and if you knew where to look you'd find it. But rather that Uni might spin that into the lore and back story once this lantern is fully revealed.

As for someone putting images inside of the lantern, I think this is a mistake. The lantern as I see it would be absorbing these images over the years like flames do with oxygen, and then radiating that evil back to it's immediate surroundings. Effecting things that are close by but being relatively contained. However I think something has happen and very much like we see on the from page of HHN.com, the lantern's seal has been broken and the flames are now pouring out. Effecting everything, and more importantly everyone.

20 years of pure concentrated evil is now loose.

Going back to a comparison made before about the Lantern being almost an Ark of the Covenant of HHN....

I think one way of visualizing it can be using the climax if Raiders of the Lost Ark, in that once the Lantern is open all of it's evil, in this case, is let loose, leaving it's mark (in this case, it's physical burn marks) on all around it (this being the images).

To push the comparison even further, this Lantern could be kept in a certain warehouse like the Ark was...but then again, that's just speculation.

Going back to a comparison made before about the Lantern being almost an Ark of the Covenant of HHN....

I think one way of visualizing it can be using the climax if Raiders of the Lost Ark, in that once the Lantern is open all of it's evil, in this case, is let loose, leaving it's mark (in this case, it's physical burn marks) on all around it (this being the images).

To push the comparison even further, this Lantern could be kept in a certain warehouse like the Ark was...but then again, that's just speculation.

Given the apparent prop house theme, I get the feeling that the story is going to be that the Lantern has brought all the old props and decorations to life, kind of like the Allspark if you've seen Transformers. Of course, it's hard to say for sure until everything's fully revealed.

Given the apparent prop house theme, I get the feeling that the story is going to be that the Lantern has brought all the old props and decorations to life, kind of like the Allspark if you've seen Transformers. Of course, it's hard to say for sure until everything's fully revealed.

Sounds a little too much like Night at the Museum for me, but then again, if anyone could pull it off it'd be Universal's HHN crew.

your time will come.

Quoted by me earlier: "Thy will be done"

This little exchange with Eye of Horus got me thinking about the Wicker Man (both the legend, the movie and the song) and has me wondering if he/it could have anything to do with it. Horus was probably talking about/to something or someone else, but the Wicker Man thing ties in with the fire, Charon and through him the Lantern:

"The ferryman wants his money you ain't going to give it back

He can push his own boat as you set up off the track

Nothing you can contemplate will ever be the same

Every second is a new spark, sets the universe aflame"

Just something i've been thinking about since last night, dunno if it has any ties or anything to do with it, but just some food for thought

^^ Beat me to it...darn

annyways....yea, looked it up, got same results. Think Horus is hinting at Icon being Charon after all or a character similar to Charon. Keep the hints comin.

No he's not hinting any such thing at all.

Put aside Biblical quotations like "Thy will be done" which have nothing to do with any of this and don't try to force what Horus said to fit any particular theory of yours.

Rather, simply consider the words themselves. "Your time has come". Who says this? Who says this in the context of HHN? This is not a subtle clue. Let me give you another subtle hint:

HHN0616.jpg

I know I've mentioned this befoe, but I don't have the technical capability to experiement with this idea: I noticed that, aside from the markings hinting that the pictures are pieces of a puzzle, the Midway of the Bizzare picture seems to have another picture superimposed onto it. Not the markings. Some kind of paint-cracked wall with what appears to be a blackboard.

After messaging IH about it, the response I got seemed to be encouragement to keep going.

Has anyone been able to check this out? Has anyone seen this too?

I know I've mentioned this befoe, but I don't have the technical capability to experiement with this idea: I noticed that, aside from the markings hinting that the pictures are pieces of a puzzle, the Midway of the Bizzare picture seems to have another picture superimposed onto it. Not the markings. Some kind of paint-cracked wall with what appears to be a blackboard.

After messaging IH about it, the response I got seemed to be encouragement to keep going.

I think it was discussed a couple pages back. We aren't sure where it came from at this point. First reaction would be blackboard = orphanage if it ties into the current year.

No he's not hinting any such thing at all.

Put aside Biblical quotations like "Thy will be done" which have nothing to do with any of this and don't try to force what Horus said to fit any particular theory of yours.

Rather, simply consider the words themselves. "Your time has come". Who says this? Who says this in the context of HHN? This is not a subtle clue. Let me give you another subtle hint:

HHN0616.jpg

So, according to Horus, this year is going to be new,different, unique, and mind blowing...AND it will feature all the old iconic characters?

In other words, it's the same, but different?

Say WHAT now?

through the past you can see your future.

Ever thought about getting a job writing fortune cookies?

What I am getting from all this is the event seems like it will be mad schizophrenic. The old meets the new in a cataclysmic explosion of evil, or something like that. Or is it all going to fit together somehow? Like...say...a puzzle...?

I think the cracks are just supposed to be damage on the picture itself, the Screamhouse: Ressurection picture has it too. The "blackboards" look like part of the background, but I'm not 100% sure.

the midway of the bizarre photo on the HHN website is not identical to the altered one from LT, it is taken from a different angle and you can see parts of the background you cannot in the other photo. Compare to another photo in the old Sweet 16 archive and you'll see what I mean. The cracked wall that looks to you like a blackboard was actually always there.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy