LegendaryTruth - The Collective

Luke

I'm currently studying Mythology and I believe you are right. Isn't Hera always the root of the trouble? ;)

Depends on the myth in question. For Herakles, yes. For Jason, absolutely not.

agreed... wait, did u just compare us to pigs????..... lols

Well, you have heard of Circe, haven't you?

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a question of "applying" for a position, as it all hinges on your ability to attend the event.

If you are able to investigate in-person at the event, you can act as a CFO (i.e. Field Agent). If, however, you are unable to attend the event, but still have computer (and internet) access, you can act as a CRO (i.e. Remote Agent). In the previous game, cooperation and real-time communication between the CROs and CFOs was of the utmost importance.

Depends on the myth in question. For Herakles, yes. For Jason, absolutely not.

Ah, yes this is true.

Man, I feel like all of these myths have been shmooshed together in my mind, but that's what happens when you're spending your whole summer answering 350 questions on mythology. ;)

Slightly back on topic, I'm pretty happy that this year I'll be able to actually be a CRO. Thank you, easy school schedule and free time!

It's not a question of "applying" for a position, as it all hinges on your ability to attend the event.

If you are able to investigate in-person at the event, you can act as a CFO (i.e. Field Agent). If, however, you are unable to attend the event, but still have computer (and internet) access, you can act as a CRO (i.e. Remote Agent). In the previous game, cooperation and real-time communication between the CROs and CFOs was of the utmost importance.

ok, I guess I worded my question wrong. Essentially I'm curious as to how we receive a badge and when the badges will handed out.

ok, I guess I worded my question wrong. Essentially I'm curious as to how we receive a badge and when the badges will handed out.

Last time, for our first in-park event, we were given a location, time, and password for access to the LT Field Office. Once inside, we were given our badges. They did it again one or two more nights afterwards for people who couldn't get badges on the first night.

Later on, CROs were also given a password to access their own downloadable badges from the website.

Not that pinheaded mummies aren't nice

They are aren't they lol

CFO stands for Collective Field Operative. Those are the ones that show up at the event and investigate within the park. CROs are Collective Remote Operative, and work in tandem with CFOs while solving clues on the LT web site, generally from the passworded section.

Ahhhh, thanks for clearing that up I was confused too, consider me on board for both and whatever I can do to help the Collective. I'm stuck in South Fla, but i'll be up to visit as much as possible

So I know i'm the new guy and a rookie in LT and all, and therefore LT doesn't know too much about me yet, but i'm still kind of weirded out that they are monitoring us lol

Last time, for our first in-park event, we were given a location, time, and password for access to the LT Field Office. Once inside, we were given our badges. They did it again one or two more nights afterwards for people who couldn't get badges on the first night.

Later on, CROs were also given a password to access their own downloadable badges from the website.

I would prefer to be a CFO but am worried that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the houses then. That, and I don't have my drivers liscence but I'm sure that I'll be able to find a reliable driver (hopefully)

How shortly? in other words, can I focus on work until 5 and not miss anything instead of constantly checking? lol

By Friday the 2 sites should have an update

I would say a time frame from now until Monday (barring the weekend) Most likely Thursday or Friday.

I don't really know anything about the LT updates

Typical update times range for 1-5. But that fluctuates.

Edited by JWFearman

I would prefer to be a CFO but am worried that I wouldn't be able to enjoy the houses then. That, and I don't have my drivers liscence but I'm sure that I'll be able to find a reliable driver (hopefully)

The best advice I can give someone wanting to both enjoy the event and participate in LT is (assuming you're getting a Frequent Fear pass) to be there on the first night available to the FF pass. The crowds are usually thin enough on that night that you can get most (if not all) of the houses done and see Bill & Ted. This gets your full HHN experience out of the way and leaves the rest of the month open for LT stuff. You can then do any multiple visits to houses/shows that you want on nights when there are no LT events or when the investigation for a night is over (assuming it's a short night).

Of course, this plan gets messed up if they decide to do something LT related on the first FF pass night this year, but we won't know if that's the case until closer to the start of HHN.

The best advice I can give someone wanting to both enjoy the event and participate in LT is (assuming you're getting a Frequent Fear pass) to be there on the first night available to the FF pass. The crowds are usually thin enough on that night that you can get most (if not all) of the houses done and see Bill & Ted. This gets your full HHN experience out of the way and leaves the rest of the month open for LT stuff. You can then do any multiple visits to houses/shows that you want on nights when there are no LT events or when the investigation for a night is over (assuming it's a short night).

Of course, this plan gets messed up if they decide to do something LT related on the first FF pass night this year, but we won't know if that's the case until closer to the start of HHN.

and it usally doesnt start till later at night like around 8

As with all great things, we'll have to wait and see. My inner fanboy is screaming that it is legit, but my logic questions the validity of this new piece of info. We should investigate further, even if LT staff thinks they have it under control.

Edited by cwoolboy

I've been trying to keep up with everything happening with the return of LT, but I'm finding it pretty damn tough... partly because I could only participate lightly last year, and because at least last year by this point we had a website that was teasing the houses and we could see how they tied into the backstory of Bloody Mary...

So while I'm reading this thread, I admit I'm feeling lost... can anyone 'summarise' what we have so far? I definitely want to be out there doing stuff this year, I'm over in Florida by myself for the first time so I'll need stuff to do. I just don't know how I can get involved, this thread is full of people much smarter and better-connected than myself. I just know I'm psyched to get back out in the park staring at clocks for an hour before TJ tells us where to find our first real clue :lol:

I was talking with a reader of my "Lanterns and Legendary Truth's" post and we started to come up with a very interesting idea through some back and forth in the comments. So I wanted to just throw it out there on here...

Thanks to the released work permits, our investigation here and in the Speculation thread, and the Shadow Creek crest; I think it's safe to assume that there is going to be some sort of military involvement in this year's event. So what if LT hired a group of mercenaries (perhaps Xe?) to transport the lantern to a safe location and something went wrong. Unleashing the evil that was contained inside? What or WHO went wrong, and what does the lantern contain...well I have no idea right now. But it seems to fit with what we know so far.

Perhaps even the operation was called, “Operation Charon"?

What do you all think? I think there's evidence to support some of this thought experiment.

Edited by ZombieDUG