HHN ICON Social Network Pages

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm calling bs on that cindy facebook. if it were something official, i would hope they wouldn't use a poorly 'shopped harry potter photo for her default.

pansyparkinson1.jpg

there are plenty of "real" cindy images to use.

i'm calling bs on that cindy facebook. if it were something official, i would hope they wouldn't use a poorly 'shopped harry potter photo for her default.

pansyparkinson1.jpg

WOW DIDNT EVEN SEE THT!! HAHAH guess tht isnt official

Edited by jman90210

pansyparkinson1.jpg

Lol when I first saw that picture I immediatley thought of Pansy Parkinson. Turns out it was her. :lol:

Agreeed. It's a pretty nifty idea to use things like twitter and fb to appease us fans ;) The only problem with using this sort of system is there's very few ways to weed out what really is Universal and what is just avid fans who made a page of their own.

The picture of Jack on the FB page definitely looks like it may be new. If it is, he's going to be returning in his ring master garb? That's interesting since when we saw him last year in the SZ he was only in his clown outfit :P Hmmm if it's legit that's interesting :]

I'm not sure I buy that this Jack facebook page is legit. The "about me" info is a copy-paste off of the backstory (told in third person) on several fan sites... Moreover, his posts are riddled with grammar and spelling errors, among other slipups. That picture, I bet, is an uncommonly seen photo that has been forgotten amidst all the popular glossy media shots. Maybe I'm wrong - but I see this appearing with the Cindy facebook, which was also fake, as a little too coincidental. Past Universal Facebook pages have been far more polished.

I'm not sure I buy that this Jack facebook page is legit. The "about me" info is a copy-paste off of the backstory (told in third person) on several fan sites... Moreover, his posts are riddled with grammar and spelling errors, among other slipups. That picture, I bet, is an uncommonly seen photo that has been forgotten amidst all the popular glossy media shots. Maybe I'm wrong - but I see this appearing with the Cindy facebook, which was also fake, as a little too coincidental. Past Universal Facebook pages have been far more polished.

For now, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Jack Schmidt was a carnival performer who loved to entertain children with his practical pranks and prat-falls during his stint with Dr. Oddfellow’s Carnival Of Thrills. He had escaped a poor and highly abusive family years earlier to "run away and join the circus", leaving behind his younger brother, Eddie. But underneath the greasepaint and clown nose, he was a twisted murderer. He was wanted for the abduction and disappearance of several small children throughout the Southern states. Police officials and the F.B.I. soon caught on that the missing children followed a pattern that led them closer and closer to the traveling freak show. On Halloween 1920, the police were closing in on the Clown killer. Fearing capture, Jack revealed his sinister secret to Dr. Oddfellow in the hopes of possible concealment. The doctor, himself wanted by the police for the accidental death of several patrons in a freak circus accident years earlier under a different name, was not sympathetic to Jack’s cause. He quickly admonished him for potentially bringing the police down upon the entire band of miscreants. He asked Jack to show him what he had done with the bodies of the children. Jack revealed the bodies of thirteen children hidden in the confines of three small trunks that were kept in his traveling coach. Fearing the worst, Dr. Oddfellow had Jack murdered and his body hidden within the traveling carnival's House of Horrors as an exhibit, along with the bodies of the children. Years later, the Carnival was sold by Dr. Oddfellow, and the various dark rides and exhibits were split and sent to various owners around the states, including the House of Horrors and its grisly secret.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm Cindy and my daddy is Albert Caine (The Caretaker) and he promised me that one day every land in Islands of Adventure would be ruled over by my "playthings". I'm still waiting but since that promise I've had fun at Halloween Horror Nights playing with my dollies and toys and meeting new people. Every time I look at someone I can imagine a new toy out of them haha. I love my family very much and protect them 'til the end. Want to play a game? :)

"Cindy Caine was a very disturbed young lady. Her father Albert ran a Funeral home, and Cindy lacked the social interaction with other children that school would bring. Her only friend was a large porcelain doll, which Cindy considered her twin sister. Her life was filled with darkness and loneness, and many a night, Cindy would befriend the corpses awaiting preparation and fulfill her imagination. Cindy was also witness to many grisly atrocities.

Her family was also deeply disturbed. Many times, the workload of the funeral home became too much for the family, and they would hide the remains of loved ones instead of cremating them. The madness began to become mundane as the Caines also began creating an extended family using the corpses. Ghastly moonlight dinner parties were held in the adjoining graveyard, where the Caines would socialize with the long dead corpses and eat a variety of prepared dishes.

This grisly display was witnessed one night as two teens decided to take a spooky stroll through the graveyard. They heard loud music playing from the funeral home and peeked inside the dirty windows. What they saw chilled them to the bone. There in the main room of the home was the Caine family dancing with the decayed remains of corpses. Word spread quickly as police began an investigation.

An angry Mob of family members, outraged at what had potentially became of their loved ones, took matters into their own hands destroying the funeral parlor. They set the place on fire, which engulfed the home in flames.

The next morning, Police and Fire officials found only the remains of Cindy’s doll, it’s porcelain face missing.

After weeks of investigation it was found that the Caine family had desecrated more than a thousand graves. After exploring the grounds, the investigating officers found an intricate series of tunnels that ran underground and were seemingly endless. The police closed the case and sealed the gates of the cemetery.

Like a wounded animal, the evil essence of Cindy became more dangerous.

Cindy’s dreams have now become her reality. Her evil tormentors have become her playthings, controlled manifestations of malice. Each plaything represents a piece of her twisted mind."

WHAT IF THE CLUES IN THE BIO JUST ONE THING I NOTICES IS THAT CINDY MENTION TREAKS AND FOONS OHH HOW SHE LOVE HER TREAKS AND FOON WHICH WAS POSTED 6HRS AGO JUST SAYING WE DONT KNOW IF IT LEGIT OR NOT LIKE PEOPLE SAY

I wouldn't read too much into the facebook pages, considering that all the icons, including Eddie and Cindy have had myspace pages run by fans for years now. Given that Jack's page consists of copy-pasta with poor grammar, and the fact that some aspects of his profile are kept private, I'm certain it's just a fan-page. The same is almost definitely true for the Cindy Page.

Well remember last year when Universal made Chucky a Facebook page? It was really just made more hardcore fans to add him as a friend and one day they he had a Q&A with the people who added him as a friend. They just asked him stuff like "How's Tiffany and Glen doing?" and "What's your favorite ride at Universal?". It was just there for fun and after the Q&A it was only used once after the event where he commented on HHN official page and said something along the lines of "See you guys later" or something like that. So you never know, we can have something like that this year.

I wouldn't read too much into the facebook pages, considering that all the icons, including Eddie and Cindy have had myspace pages run by fans for years now. Given that Jack's page consists of copy-pasta with poor grammar, and the fact that some aspects of his profile are kept private, I'm certain it's just a fan-page. The same is almost definitely true for the Cindy Page.

Unfortunately this is true, I would like to see OFFICIAL facebook pages for all the icons. It would be a great way for A&D to get a fan-based idea off of the characters. Like what everyone wants to see again, what worked, what didn't work, ect. The only bad thing about that is the general public would add those pages and put stupid comments and wouldn't really help. Most of them would only add Jack because he is the fan favorite. I see him more as a "general public" favorite though.

Those are unlikely official Facebook entries. Under the Terms of Service every Facebook member has to represent a real person. Businesses are not allowed to represent themselves as people but, rather, must set up a "Page" for their business. And members cannot be "fictitious."

Yeah but having a fictional page has never stopped anybody before. I can think of plenty of FB pages, real and fake, of movie characters, icons, singers, etc. These are most likely some fan whose just a bit over eager for this year. (I honestly don't think anybody made these to mess with the fans. It was probably all just done in good fun.) Either way, I myself have added both these pages on FB in the off chance they DO turn out to be real and post legit info. And who knows? Maybe Universal WILL make FB for their characters :] It's only July, after all. I don't remember even seeing the Chucky FB last year until sometime in August.

Guys, I really don't think we should be looking into these Facebook profiles that much.

Believe me when I say that if A&D decides to use FB and make pages (as they would more than likely do, most businesses use pages instead of profiles, as someone said) for the Icons, which would be a great idea in my opinion, we would definitely be able to tell.

I mean, there's no harm in adding these profiles. Some fan made profiles are hysterical (I think I'm still friends with Frankenstein on FB) and great fun.

Just don't read into them too much. And hey, if these turn out to be legit, y'all can slap me in the face and call me stupid. ;)