Zombieland Double Tap

Ringwraith

halloween-horror-nights-zombieland-logo-c.jpg.e53f1b982b490757d98cf8c6a709fd74.jpg

It’s time to brush up on those rules of survival. Based on the hit film and its upcoming sequel, this scare zone puts you in the middle of the United States of Zombieland. The infection has spread and bloodthirsty zombies are everywhere. The most important rule to remember: Always double tap.

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

In honor of HHN fast approaching, I stopped by my college town's theme park to get the whole Zombieland experience. Almost all of the movie was filmed in Georgia, and "Pacific Playland" exists in Valdosta, GA. It's literally five miles from my apartment but it's lowkey overpriced so I don't go often, but it was so so so fun!! Pictured are the main entrance, the shop where Tallahassee finally found his box of Twinkies, and Wichita and Little Rock's drop tower. In the movie it's the "Blast Off," but at the time it was known as the Firecracker. It's since been re-themed to be the "Blazer Blast Off," representing our university and possibly paying homage to ZL. Fun fact: while talking to my supervisor at work about this, he shared that many of the zombie extras in the park were university students. Their makeup was applied in our Fine Arts complex and they hung around campus for a bit before their time to go on set started. It was apparently a sight!!

7c24e8b7262cfdfa049d296bc8a7083290a71a09a6dde4914f0140faf57532125f1b52ac5c28bf3bf2c70e5844c7e96bd7504b6ff655c42dcb60ca41

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, itsabee said:

Out of curiosity, what did you find bad about the zone? I think the voice acting is ATROCIOUS but that’s my main problem with it.

I will compare it to the scare zone in the area last year as example.

Vamp 85 had a great soundtrack, with a high energy cast of characters. There was the MC on the mic constantly reminding everyone something is about to happen so be ready. The reporter was interacting with the visitors and scare actors so I personally felt like I was included in the story to an extent. The attacked stage didn't really do much other than serve as a place to rally around but it was still visually interesting with the lighting and smoke effects. The vampires themselves were interesting and different and the party going victims seemed to have a unique personality. 

All that being said, Zombieland had none of that. The music, if there was any, was so boring and generic I can only remember The Reaper playing once and I don't consider that to be nearly as fun of a song as We Bite or How Soon is Now?.  The only zombies I can remember was the jogger, and the Bill Murray. I can think of, at least, 10 specific characters from Vamp 85 a year later. The horn sound that plays that calls the zombies to the game booth wasn't exciting and the zombie actors never seemed to be ready for it and had to run to booth. Not scary, not entertaining. The stage show was interesting, I guess, but hardly gave off an energetic vibe like the dancing and music of Vamp.

I am willing to bet my ticket the HHN team was paid a to do this zone as advertisement for the upcoming movie. 

1 hour ago, ultimateforce said:

I will compare it to the scare zone in the area last year as example.

Vamp 85 had a great soundtrack, with a high energy cast of characters. There was the MC on the mic constantly reminding everyone something is about to happen so be ready. The reporter was interacting with the visitors and scare actors so I personally felt like I was included in the story to an extent. The attacked stage didn't really do much other than serve as a place to rally around but it was still visually interesting with the lighting and smoke effects. The vampires themselves were interesting and different and the party going victims seemed to have a unique personality. 

All that being said, Zombieland had none of that. The music, if there was any, was so boring and generic I can only remember The Reaper playing once and I don't consider that to be nearly as fun of a song as We Bite or How Soon is Now?.  The only zombies I can remember was the jogger, and the Bill Murray. I can think of, at least, 10 specific characters from Vamp 85 a year later. The horn sound that plays that calls the zombies to the game booth wasn't exciting and the zombie actors never seemed to be ready for it and had to run to booth. Not scary, not entertaining. The stage show was interesting, I guess, but hardly gave off an energetic vibe like the dancing and music of Vamp.

I am willing to bet my ticket the HHN team was paid a to do this zone as advertisement for the upcoming movie. 

That’s valid. I will say that I think the running to the booth thing is intentional, as it’s supposed to actually be like summoning zombies from all over Pacific Playland using the noise, so they would be sprinting to get to the prey. But I feel that with the differences in energy and such.

8 hours ago, ultimateforce said:

You’re kinda right.

New York was supposed to be a Ghostbusters zone, but Universal was having budget issues with pulling it off (specifically renting an Ecto-1). 

Sony cut cut them a deal for Zombieland instead.

• Mark M. changed the title to Zombieland Double Tap