HHN29 Tribute Store/ Merch

My girlfriend made this shirt for the event this year since the theme is technically supposed to be 80s. I'm still working on mine, which will be different, but just wanted to give you guys a peek at hers.
EDIT: It’s missing Depths of Fear but we’re adding it.

Eleni-Shirt.jpg

Edited by HHN Explorer
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/12/2019 at 11:29 PM, HHN Explorer said:
My girlfriend made this shirt for the event this year since the theme is technically supposed to be 80s. I'm still working on mine, which will be different, but just wanted to give you guys a peek at hers.
EDIT: It’s missing Depths of Fear but we’re adding it.

Eleni-Shirt.jpg

You really shouldn't have posted this...

She now needs to make these for most of the members here.

• Like 1

They are embracing the hell out of the 80's this time around.  They need a hat that has mullet hair coming out the sides and back!

Dear God, I had a mullet back in the day...

Look at all those pin sets.  Not to mention all the shirts that aren't listed here.

This is going to be an expensive year...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

They are embracing the hell out of the 80's this time around.  They need a hat that has mullet hair coming out the sides and back!

Dear God, I had a mullet back in the day...

Look at all those pin sets.  Not to mention all the shirts that aren't listed here.

This is going to be an expensive year...

I'm glad marketing is actually embracing the '80s "theme" this year. Makes it feel closer to...you know, a theme.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

I'm glad marketing is actually embracing the '80s "theme" this year. Makes it feel closer to...you know, a theme.

The only thing missing to complete the 80's theme would be......oh......I don't know......

BILL AND FREAKING TED!!

giphy.gif

But I digress.

• Like 3

Just a tiny bit of salt that I also had with last year’s merch: why do the compilation shirts tend to leave out certain properties? Last year some houses were excluded and only a few streets were represented, and this year we only have nine of the ten houses while we have no streets. That being said, why no Ghostbusters on the shirt? Clearly Universal is utilizing GB in a lot of the other merch options, but why not the official event shirt..?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, itsabee said:

Just a tiny bit of salt that I also had with last year’s merch: why do the compilation shirts tend to leave out certain properties? Last year some houses were excluded and only a few streets were represented, and this year we only have nine of the ten houses while we have no streets. That being said, why no Ghostbusters on the shirt? Clearly Universal is utilizing GB in a lot of the other merch options, but why not the official event shirt..?

They had more shirts last year than were on the site.  Plus expect to see the custom shirts again.  They might not even be in stock yet (i.e. stuck in customs). I really wonder if custom shirts will be the future at some point.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, zombieman said:

They had more shirts last year than were on the site.  Plus expect to see the custom shirts again.  They might not even be in stock yet (i.e. stuck in customs). I really wonder if custom shirts will be the future at some point.  

But it’s not even about the custom shirts (which I did love!!); it’s that we can’t have just a big “group picture” style of shirt that represents all of the properties, or at least all of the houses. That design + Ghostbusters? Individual property custom shirts would be cool too, but I like the idea of that one shirt that completely encapsulates the event, yknow ?

1 hour ago, itsabee said:

But it’s not even about the custom shirts (which I did love!!); it’s that we can’t have just a big “group picture” style of shirt that represents all of the properties, or at least all of the houses. That design + Ghostbusters? Individual property custom shirts would be cool too, but I like the idea of that one shirt that completely encapsulates the event, yknow ?

I did not understand what you were saying until I went and looked at the shirt again in the store...  I've been going since 2004 and this is a very rare occasion that a house is omitted from an event shirt.  That only happens when there is a last minute switch or a legal goof.  I recall this happening in 2015.  There was a "Horror Alumni" shirt that was to have featured icons from the past: Jack, Caretaker, Storyteller, Director.  There was just one problem - Chucky was also prominently in the picture.  Chucky was neither an HHN icon, nor was he prominently at HHN 25.  He appeared randomly in a scarezone in 2015, but that was it.  Everyone around here bitched endlessly about it until it was pulled a week into the event (theory is for copyright infringement - no contract for wearable Chucky).  Then around Oct 17 it suddenly reappeared (last second deal signed)?  You see one on Ebay from time to time.

The HHN 25 event shirt also does not have The Purge on it (recall that the house was changed from Scream at the last minute).

HHN has also been known to simply fail proofing their artwork sufficiently.  If you recall the highly collectible cloisonne that they give out to key members of HHN, they have had two pretty bad errors over the years:

• 2009 - Ripped from the Silver Screen.  The reverse side was made to look like a movie ticket.  Unfortunately, they misspelled "HALLOWEEN" as "HALLOWEFN".  Unbelievable, as the word Halloween had appeared on all of the prior 12 cloisonne designs.
  • 2015 - This is unforgivable: The 25th anniversary coin incorrectly says HHN started in 1990, which would make that the 26th anniversary.  So people who work in the art department can't do math, and it takes ten seconds to verify HHN started in 1991.

Seriously, who in God's name proofs this?

But this Ghostbusters thing is interesting.  Universal must have dozens of shirt proposals on the table at any time.

My guess is one of the following happened:

• What we see on the store page is NOT the design that was sent to China, and the store will correct it soon.  Note that one of the houses refers to "Knightengales".  The departments have zero idea what each other actually does.
  • The wrong design was sent to China.  The store may or may not end up stocking the shirt, and the correct one will arrive in a few weeks.  And there would therefore be two shirts for collectors to get.
  • The shirt order was finalized before the property was signed off.  This is what we get, but they will probably add several Ghostbusters shirts.  

In any event, take a screenshot of that artwork!  If my first guess is correct, it will change very soon.  If that happens, that screenshot would be an interesting trivia nugget years from now.

It could be total BS, but I thought I read somewhere that there was a specific reason GB isn’t on the house shirt. Something along the lines of the GB rights holders didn’t want it associated with other “scarier” IP’s, like 1000 Corpses. Again, could’ve just been a wild speculation. 

11 hours ago, marc said:

It could be total BS, but I thought I read somewhere that there was a specific reason GB isn’t on the house shirt. Something along the lines of the GB rights holders didn’t want it associated with other “scarier” IP’s, like 1000 Corpses. Again, could’ve just been a wild speculation. 

To me, that's the only thing that might make sense. We know that Ghostbusters wasn't rushed; before it was even announced in July, it was speculated for forever. On top of that, my roommate and his fellow cast figured it out super quickly based on the Type A speaking-role cast resembling our bustin boys so closely, even getting down to room predictions. It can't be that they "forgot" to add in GB on that event shirt. 

12 hours ago, zombieman said:
  • What we see on the store page is NOT the design that was sent to China, and the store will correct it soon.  Note that one of the houses refers to "Knightengales".  The departments have zero idea what each other actually does.
  • The wrong design was sent to China.  The store may or may not end up stocking the shirt, and the correct one will arrive in a few weeks.  And there would therefore be two shirts for collectors to get.
  • The shirt order was finalized before the property was signed off.  This is what we get, but they will probably add several Ghostbusters shirts.  

In any event, take a screenshot of that artwork!  If my first guess is correct, it will change very soon.  If that happens, that screenshot would be an interesting trivia nugget years from now.

For future reference as a "trivia nugget," here's the poster version of the design just for better image resolution as well as the shirt itself. I can't see the shirt logo well enough to tell if Nightingales is "Knightengales," but the poster is at least correct. In either, there's definitely no Ghostbusters logo, so if that's still interesting as a fun fact in the years to come then here's the source!!

Halloween Horror Nights 2019 "Maximum Screamage" Event PosterHalloween Horror Nights 2019 Adult Event T-Shirt

The Ghostbusters situation really pisses me off, like a ton. If you look at how they have been advertising Ghostbusters you can see that it is not represented in the commercial and is replaced by US.

BUT! if you look at the Advertising for HHN on posters and flyers you see that Ghostbusters is present. Also I would like to bring attention that the announcement video was completely original and had to be shot by Universal, the only way you could tell it was GB was the jumpsuits, and we had the lack of the iconic theme. They are being super strict on how they represent there property. I have no idea why there is a lack of GB representation.

• Like 1