Graveyard Games

Ringwraith

Graveyard-Games-Coming-to-Halloween-Horr

Graveyard Games Haunted House Awakens at Halloween Horror Nights

Do cemeteries give you the willies? Then this one will give you nightmares. Graveyard Games is the next haunted house to join the line-up at this year’s Halloween Horror Nights.

In the Ascension Parish Cemetery, it’s normal to find teens playing amongst the tombstones. You’ll find yourself witnessing the repercussions of the disrespectful antics of two teens who have awakened the spirits of the dead. As you roam through the cemetery, you’ll wind through dark mausoleums and decaying piles of coffins.

Ghosts of every shape and form will rise from the tombstones to exact their revenge as you try to escape the maze of crumbling tombstones and mausoleums. Skeletal beings, ghastly apparitions and vengeful spirits will try to drag you to the grave. And in the end, you’ll find out what happened to those who set out to deface the cemetery.

Before you enter the haunted house, take the opportunity to chat with a few of the local teens and storytellers of the town. All you need is your phone and open Facebook Messenger to the Halloween Horror Nights page. Here you’ll learn the history and spooky legends the cemetery keeps. Better to be prepared for what awaits than finding yourself coming to a “dead” end.

• Like 1

I think it sounds fascinating!
I always like the concept of a House with just straight- up ghosts, rather than the usual zombies and psycho killers. I could be mistaken, but it seems like it's been 2-3 years since we've had a House (Not counting Scarezones) with ghosts.
Like kablue, I too am curious as to how they will do the Facebook Messenger element to reveal the place's history.
Maybe it'll reveal the specific origins/ backstories of certain ghosts you might find in the House (Similar to how the Disney Parks' Haunted Mansion has surprisingly detailed backstories for most if not all of the major ghosts in it)?
I help with a church youth group, and I was telling a couple of the youth about this House, and they had a couple funny observations about it:
1. Tying into what I mentioned about the Messenger aspect revealing backstories of the ghosts, they theorized that maybe one of the ghosts could be of a dead serial killer, and another could be a random pizza- delivery boy named "Jeremy" who was killed by him. "Watch out, it's the ghost of Jeremy the pizza- man!"
2. One of the youths (Who is a rather strange kid with at- times dark interests) proposed he could be one of the teens who causes the problems by desecrating the graves. This then led me to propose I'd be in it too, as the annoyed and stressed- out youth leader sent in to get them! I'd be like, "Alright, at this point, if the ghosts don't kill you little morons, then I will!"

• Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 6:41 AM, Nightcrawler said:

I always like the concept of a House with just straight- up ghosts, rather than the usual zombies and psycho killers. I could be mistaken, but it seems like it's been 2-3 years since we've had a House (Not counting Scarezones) with ghosts.

If you dont count Poltergeist, Ghosttown was our last "straight-up ghost house" back in 2016. But that had a unique feel to it since it was a western setting. The ghosts in it also felt more like living people, yelling at us before they shoot us with their guns. Graveyard Games vaguely references Dead End (2012) in its description, and that house was the embodiment of "straight up ghosts." 

On 8/14/2019 at 10:09 AM, BackwardsShark said:

If you dont count Poltergeist, Ghosttown was our last "straight-up ghost house" back in 2016. But that had a unique feel to it since it was a western setting. The ghosts in it also felt more like living people, yelling at us before they shoot us with their guns. Graveyard Games vaguely references Dead End (2012) in its description, and that house was the embodiment of "straight up ghosts." 

Pretty much Dead End and Winters Night in one house, I'm up for it. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2019 at 3:23 AM, Midnight Detective said:

This was the house I was most excited for and got to do it tonight. Easily one of my favorite houses ever. I love the lore, atmosphere and its downright creepy when the scares aren't hitting you. Also weirdly comfy if that makes sense. Biggest scares of the night

The corpses with the bright phone screens also gave me that strangely funny-comfortable vibe, I don’t know why. Probably just because the queue video teens (and the first scareactor, god) were genuinely unlikable. The creep factor was cool too, especially with some of those effects. That hallway where the central ghost (Glowing Maiden? It’s on the Facebook page in the video but I don’t remember) talks about the “children” that disrespected the tombs and proceeds to blow out all of the candles one by one...oh wow.

• Like 1

Do you "die" at the end of this house?

Because the room before the finale is the tomb of 'Angeline Albright' (I think that's the name) but it goes straight back into dirt and roots like a grave. Then you veer off into the pitch black hallway where the children ask things like 'where did you go?' and 'play with us' with the final scene being gazing upon the Blue Woman. Either that or she let's you go/ protects you and that's why the children can't find you?

Or I could just be over thinking things. I really like this house

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2019 at 1:20 AM, Midnight Detective said:

Do you "die" at the end of this house?

Because the room before the finale is the tomb of 'Angeline Albright' (I think that's the name) but it goes straight back into dirt and roots like a grave. Then you veer off into the pitch black hallway where the children ask things like 'where did you go?' and 'play with us' with the final scene being gazing upon the Blue Woman. Either that or she let's you go/ protects you and that's why the children can't find you?

Or I could just be over thinking things. I really like this house

I'm not really sure it's good question to ask during the Unmasking The Horror tour or something, I thought it was definitely cool and eerie that you find what happens to Sid and Nancy after you exit the Kids in the Cemetery, I really wished they had also made that queue video outside the house and actual announcement video because I'd really would love to see what everything says on and the videos of Sid and Nancy fooling around the graveyard, all I remember was reading that the graveyard is called The Ascension something Graveyard and some of the "tweets" were about some of the apparitions and stuff that run into in the house. 

• Like 1

I asked during my UTH tour and the answer was a definitive YES.  You die at the end.  They worked very hard to make that black hallway soundproof, so the only things you heard were the whispers of the dead calling to you.  I don't think that's a spoiler for anyone.

This house is right up there with Poltergeist as GOAT.   So funny, because I didn't expect either to be all that good before I went in.

Usually I go through houses with a big grin on my face.  But for these, my mouth was hanging open from start to finish.  Was so blown away by the visuals and storytelling.

After that, the big stupid grin appeared every walkthru.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, zombieman said:

I asked during my UTH tour and the answer was a definitive YES.  You die at the end.  They worked very hard to make that black hallway soundproof, so the only things you heard were the whispers of the dead calling to you.  I don't think that's a spoiler for anyone.

This house is right up there with Poltergeist as GOAT.   So funny, because I didn't expect either to be all that good before I went in.

Usually I go through houses with a big grin on my face.  But for these, my mouth was hanging open from start to finish.  Was so blown away by the visuals and storytelling.

So that's two houses this year where the ending is your death.

On 10/20/2019 at 1:48 AM, HHN Pro 2 said:

So that's two houses this year where the ending is your death.

The other being Depths of Fear.  We were told that on the tour - that we were crushed by the station imploding, but that really didn't come across in the house as clearly as it did in GG.   Was there an effect after the monster in the fog at the end that I missed?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, zombieman said:

The other being Depths of Fear.  We were told that on the tour - that we were crushed by the station imploding, but that really didn't come across in the house as clearly as it did in GG.   Was there an effect after the monster in the fog at the end that I missed?

Well, that final tiny hallway looks blown up with wiring hanging down and marks on the wall, but other than that, not really.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zombieman said:

Did it last night, but I feel like I’ve definitely noticed it in earlier runs as well: there’s a voice over the speakers in the waterfall room talking about the implosion. I think it’s “implosion imminent,” or something like that.

• Like 1

I heard the giant spinning red light in that room is the implosion, which the Mouthbrooder is running away from. But if it is, it confuses me as to how guests would survive long enough to see the room after that.

44 minutes ago, itsabee said:

Did it last night, but I feel like I’ve definitely noticed it in earlier runs as well: there’s a voice over the speakers in the waterfall room talking about the implosion. I think it’s “implosion imminent,” or something like that.

• Like 1

Easily tied with Ghostbusters as my top favorite house of the night! The effects, sets and actors were all on point and the storytelling was awesome. I don’t do scary ghost children, so the climax of the maze... good lord that scared me. I loved how the scares were designed in a way to really look paranormal; at one point they did that thing where the wall lit up and I could see a ghost walking by and a second later he jumped around the corner and got me good!

On 10/20/2019 at 1:52 AM, zombieman said:

Thank you so much for posting an answer! I really appreciate it

• 4 weeks later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to Graveyard Games