HHN XX Speculation II

I just came up with a thought. Bare with me on this, what if the lantern belongs to someone perhaps. Maybe a gravedigger, who wants to unearth the corpses of the past years' icons, the ones that are dead of course. He then does a seance / ritual to reunite the icons together one last time. I think we could possibly see a sadistic gravedigger as a new mascot to promote the event.

You know, I usually bypass people's ideas, but I actually like yours because I forgot that icons have "props," and I totally didn't think the latern could be used for someone.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could really see this lantern becoming a huge part of the updates. Just as how last year parts of the theatre would update and we got new pictures, what if the lantern were to light up areas of the website that will be "clickable".

Also, in respect to this "08 meets 06" idea, I really do see A LOT of characters from part years for auditions. So this is a large possibility.

But to me, I am thinking mostly about the lantern... The "root" twisting from the top reminds me of the whole tree concept brought up earlier this year. Maybe it will tie in. A tree has also been noted in Greek mythology on the other thread a while back as well, so it could tie lots of loose ends.

UPDATE: Bed Clothes - Jaws

I'm assuming someone wearing pajamas. Burnt wood and PJ's.

/.../

not really placing the "burnt wood house":

Fire, bed clothes, elevated celings....

So new update...

UPDATE: Valedictorian- Jaws

This shifts me to think of like a hell's college.. or perhaps a school massacre.

I.e. Slaugther college: Hell week. Or something along that line.

Edited by JWFearman

So new update...

UPDATE: Valedictorian- Jaws

This shifts me to think of like a hell's college.. or perhaps a school massacre.

Could this have something to do with the "every school has One" clue we recieved earlier? Could the new icon be the valedictorian? A supreme evil that surpasses all past characters?

Edited by jadaada

too me it sound like NIGHT OF THE CREEPS HAHA if anyone remember that movie classic B-movie but it anyone guess right now

Yeah I remember it. :P

Or it could be a private school. It wouldn't be a regular High School (like Hell's High) i wouldn't think due to the bed clothes.

Also,

Willow hut

I could see this in a mother nature gone bad... earth witch... norse folklore type are.

Edited by JWFearman

So new update...

•UPDATE: Valedictorian- Jaws

As I keep reading the updated casts here and at rumor I keep thinking, am I crazy to think that Universal would just give fake names to everything? I mean we have had problems with leaks of info, they are obviously aware of it because thief info leaks keep going down by year. And the best way to keep the leaks down at this point in the game is to give fake names for everything till firstday and by then we will has the storyline out of the way. Is this even a possibility?

As I keep reading the updated casts here and at rumor I keep thinking, am I crazy to think that Universal would just give fake names to everything? I mean we have had problems with leaks of info, they are obviously aware of it because thief info leaks keep going down by year. And the best way to keep the leaks down at this point in the game is to give fake names for everything till firstday and by then we will has the storyline out of the way. Is this even a possibility?

They leak EXACTLY what they want leaked. Its fan based free media exposure. And so the more we discover the more we talk about it. With them at the Helm.

As for the lantern:

From the flickering flames of the lantern's light,eerie shapes begin to take form

as horrifying, disturbing images of this year's Halloween Horror Nights will be revealed.

Much like the spinning Lamp in Sleepy Hollow. I'm not saying that Sleepy Hollow is part of HHN XX. I mean it would be neat to see lit shapes dance around for us to wonder. Or the light of the Lantern show us the clues.

Reunion:

I view this more as a funeral.

Site:

I feel that it is a " SCRAP BOOK " for the fans and the creators of Halloween Horror Nights.

They refer to the event as a parent to a child.

Edited by Sinister

I prefer to creep rather than post. Many people are saying that the Sprung 1 house is a BEST OF house. to me i feel it may be (DONT ATTACK ME PLEASE) a mummy house. we have a mummified corpse. a musesem hallway. a doctor. and if you look at the site on one of the pages you can see what looks like a tomb with a large slab and a body on it. seems like we may see the mummy. and heres another thing in the background of the same page you can see a shot of the frankenstein house. just my tidbits of thought.

So my dad is a BIG H.P. Lovecraft fan... Hes read the books, watch movies on the man, and many other stuff.

He think they might take a lot of Lovecraft works and re work it into the event.

I still think in Hollywood will feature past characters and they will usher you into the new darkness that awaits us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu

Edited by Dr. Raymond Holmes

I honestly don't think these are being fed to us... they are too specific... except...

con artist...

It's odd... because it seems like a code while most of the others seem straight forward...

Perhaps this is an integral character?

I keep thinking Trickster... keep with the whole midevial/mythological theme.... so Imp, Pan, Loki, Native american Trickster, hermes, etc...

Edited by JWFearman

When i first saw the lit up lantern, i immediately thought medusa. I don't know why it just came to my mind. And another thing is that there is a house permit medusa, so greek mythology? maybe to go along with the storyteller? Just a thought, that it COULD tie up to be the storyteller as the main icon of 2010.

Getting clearer all the time. So a military with an observation deck. Still could be a spaceship, boat, military base...

I'm not betting on this, but you've got me thinking of an area 51 type of thing. I visualize the military storage being something that's storing things the military keeps secret from the public. Walking through the observation deck viewing an alien autopsy, just as another example of its use. Thanks for making my mind wander on this one.

So my dad is a BIG H.P. Lovecraft fan... Hes read the books, watch movies on the man, and many other stuff.

He think they might take a lot of Lovecraft works and re work it into the event.

I still think in Hollywood will feature past characters and they will usher you into the new darkness that awaits us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cthulhu

I could see where your dad's getting this Raymond. Pajamas are an innocuous thing to see in a house, unless the person wearing it looks fucked up. Is anyone else thinking that Universal is going with the awesome idea of making an Innsmouth house/scare zone in Amity?

Cthulhu_and_R%27lyeh.jpg

41075195.jpg

Hmmm

A couple years ago I posted in another site's spec thread an image of Cthulhu all dapper wearing a smoking jacket and a monocle with a pipe. ( I wish I could find that pic again!) I was goofing on the silly speculations and asked if this could be our icon.

I remember a lot of people took me seriously and said that Lovecraft would be too over the top for HHN. So, I really hope your dad is right Charles. And I hope the stars are right too! ELOL (evil laugh out loud)

Remember I was the first to suggest an octopus wrestling with a cigar!

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

First time posting... was reading and agreeing with the lantern having what appeared to be roots... Reminded me of an old Irish Halloween Story that is the basis for the Jac-O-Lantern...

In Ireland, where Halloween began in my opinion, the first jack-o'-lanterns weren't made of pumpkins. They were made out of rutabagas, potatoes, turnips, or even beets. There is an old 18th century Irish 'legend' about a man named Stingy Jack who was too mean to get into heaven and had played too many tricks on the devil to go to hell. When he died, he had to walk the earth, carrying a lantern made out of a turnip with a burning coal inside. Stingy Jack became known as 'Jack of the Lantern', or 'Jack-o'-lantern.' From this legend came the Irish tradition of placing jack-o'-lanterns made of turnips and other vegetables in windows or by doors on Halloween.

First time posting... was reading and agreeing with the lantern having what appeared to be roots... Reminded me of an old Irish Halloween Story that is the basis for the Jac-O-Lantern...

In Ireland, where Halloween began in my opinion, the first jack-o'-lanterns weren't made of pumpkins. They were made out of rutabagas, potatoes, turnips, or even beets. There is an old 18th century Irish 'legend' about a man named Stingy Jack who was too mean to get into heaven and had played too many tricks on the devil to go to hell. When he died, he had to walk the earth, carrying a lantern made out of a turnip with a burning coal inside. Stingy Jack became known as 'Jack of the Lantern', or 'Jack-o'-lantern.' From this legend came the Irish tradition of placing jack-o'-lanterns made of turnips and other vegetables in windows or by doors on Halloween.

Funny thing, Merritt island terror nights used the theme of stingy jack last year. I learned about that tale from that.

As for the lovecraft stuff, it's very cool. I've never heard of it before, though it talking about extreme evil makes a lot of sense and could play out very well for the event.

More Permit Power!

Yet another scene released in review process

Posted by Chad on 9-7-2010 12:48 pm

Share |

Permits get reviewed multiple times before they are perfected. During this review cycle only one scene name has made it out into the open. I have a feeling that next year the scene names will be coded and we will be out of luck. But until then, we can enjoy the leaks that slip through the cracks. Add this to the list of scene names.

Sprung 2

Scene 6 - Military Storage

Maybe we can get a couple more before the full site updates but I wouldn't count on it.

Another tidbit from HHN rumors, Now we have a military Storage to go with are Observation deck any thoughts?