HHN XX Speculation II

Random question comes to mind as I read all these wonderful speculations just a few days before our big reveal :) (btw I really hope some of our ingenious ideas we've come up with here end up being right so we can all do happy "we were right in your faces" dances of joy ;D

Back to my question tho...

do any of you suppose we'll be seeing a "cheese" house this year? (ex. Creatures!, Leave it to Cleaver, etc.) We've done some much brainstomring on so many epic ideas for hosues, it almost doesn't seem like there will be any room for cheese this time around.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a feeling that some questions will be answered on the 26th (like the overall theme), but I have a feeling that the BIG questions (like who nthe Icon is and what the lantern does) will be left for LT to figure out...after all, LT seems to be one of the big players this year.

I truly hope not. I think LT should extend on the theme/story of whatever year it's present but not be mandatory for things to grow.

I truly hope not. I think LT should extend on the theme/story of whatever year it's present but not be mandatory for things to grow.

Probably not. There will be literally thousands of people who won't know LT from a hole in the ground. To make them integral to the event would be counter-productive from a purely marketing standpoint. And there is simply NO WAY Universal is going to get rid of a proven money maker like Jack. Not permanently. Just not gonna happen.

Now, let's knock down the fourth wall for a moment. What I want to know is, how will "Adatu" be realized, real-world? Are we looking at a big-ass demon on stilts? A ruler on a throne a la Terra Queen? Or perhaps a more amorphous presence...something that has no physical form, yet is present within all the houses/zones in one way or another? Either way, he sounds really COOL...um, I mean terrifying...

Edited by Bsquare

Back to my question tho...

do any of you suppose we'll be seeing a "cheese" house this year? (ex. Creatures!, Leave it to Cleaver, etc.) We've done some much brainstomring on so many epic ideas for hosues, it almost doesn't seem like there will be any room for cheese this time around.

I don't know if you consider this a cheese house.. but in my latest speculation.. at the top of this page I state

-Sprung 2(?) - I'll put money on having another Clown Funhouse.. If it isnt in here then perhaps a soundstage.

I have seen a picture that looked lie funhouse walls that said 'Dart Throw' with evil clowns painted on it... Possibly in 3D paint.

So I suspect another 'Jack's Funhouse in Clown-O-Vision'.. Hopefully executed (pun intended) alot better than the original.

I don't know if you consider this a cheese house.. but in my latest speculation.. at the top of this page I state

I have seen a picture that looked lie funhouse walls that said 'Dart Throw' with evil clowns painted on it... Possibly in 3D paint.

So I suspect another 'Jack's Funhouse in Clown-O-Vision'.. Hopefully executed (pun intended) alot better than the original.

As far as all of my information goes: no 3D funhouses, no cheesiness. Brutality and disturbing humor, but nothing corny. HHN can scare in ways other than having someone with fake boogers jump out from behind a prop.

""Now, let's knock down the fourth wall for a moment. What I want to know is, how will "Adatu" be realized, real-world? Are we looking at a big-ass demon on stilts? A ruler on a throne a la Terra Queen? Or perhaps a more amorphous presence...something that has no physical form, yet is present within all the houses/zones in one way or another? Either way, he sounds really COOL...um, I mean terrifying... ""

Well it's possible that adaru will not be physically manifested since adaru is a Sumerian verb meaning " to fear"

adatu was a typo I'm guessing

Edited by crashcarnage

If rumors as to a LT related house are true then the theme could be the summoning and release of Adaru. Notice the LT element wouldn't be obvious to the public, I'm sure they'd have some hint or clue in to whats going on but we'd know.

Either The A-hole god (he scares people, COME ON!!!! that's an A-hole thing to do :lol: ) will be summoned before the event and become our new Icon or, as I partially suspect, Adaru will be summoned at the end of the event with this year acting as the previous Icons last chance to gather enough fear in order to release him (and probably Uni. or someone recruiting us to stop them).

As I falling asleep earlier, I was thinking to myself that I can't believe how everything has been in front of our faces the entire time.

"Twenty Years of Fear" suddenly makes more sense to me now than it ever did.

The faces of the icons dancing around in the flames suddenly makes more sense to me now too.

Suddenly everything just clicked.

Either way, this year is already poised to be my favorite out of the few that I've attended.

On another note, how does what we know now relate to the Shadows of the Past scarezone? WAS that just a red herring?

Edited by Amber