HHN XX Speculation II

I disagree.. I know for a fact that I see Darkness, & The Fire King... & am fairly certain about The Mummy & Director.

Perhaps Darkness will be the host of the Semi Confirmed Greek Mythology house... I could see them tying Darkness into that Storyline.. Perhaps he will be their leader.

The Ice Queen has been confirmed in the New York Streets... Perhaps we will see the Fire King there too along with Orcs... Never say Never.

Just because its explained, doesn't make it right.

Darkness is nothing compared to who is really behind all this. This is someone who's been present in every year but never really SEEN...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so it would appear that the final unveiling is nigh upon us. In the preceeding days, let me re-state my words one final time:

As FDR said in his First Inaugural Address: " . . . let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is Fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror."

Are there any amongst us who are familiar with the works of the great Bard? I, for one, have always been fond of Julius Caesar. Specifically, Act 3, Scene I, Line 273.

This Plague of ever-mutating speculation makes one yearn for the deathly quiet of a crypt or Catacombs.

A haunted mansion? Sounds like the sort of thing that some might enjoy investigating. Truthfully, effective ghost-themed haunts are decidedly difficult to achieve. Done correctly, though, the results could be positively Legendary.

One may be encouraged to learn that they may have one final opportunity to fly over the cuckoo's nest.

Many have wondered about poor Cindy's fate. She may have been spending time with Miss Hannigan, but all will become clearer as the day unfolds.

Texas may have a peculiar penchant for chainsaws, and the various Meatz may look tasty. However, those dining at the feast of Doomsday may already be dead themselves. Pardon that improperly placed zed.

It may be a labour of Hercules, but one should never turn around to look for Eurydice.

While many have walked the hallowed halls of horror through the years, this year's 20th Anniversary event to unveil the Best Universal has to offer.

With Mark Antony now alone, we learn his true feelings (Lines 256-273). He is extremely upset that "these butchers;" (Line 255) have killed Caesar and again begging Caesar's forgiveness, fears all of Italy shall be plunged into domestic strife and that Caesar's spirit, full of rage and fury, shall "Cry 'Havoc!' and let slip the dogs of war;"

Darkness is nothing compared to who is really behind all this. This is someone who's been present in every year but never really SEEN...

I can see it now.....a long foggy walk down Production Central fraught with encounters from characters past. You come to the stage and see a man in a black hood chanting spells in front of a giant glowing lantern....the fog & lighting effects are amazing......the unveiling.....

An audioanimatronic is seen. It is Michael Roddy pulling levers. He yells, "Pay not attention to the man behind the curtain!" A further inspection of the area reveals the tree we've been speculating about. The levers MR is operating are causing the tree to come to life. It pulsates and moves. The arms reach out like tentacles. GASP! It is THE TREE OF LIFE from DAK. The legendary truth......Roddy has always worked for DISNEY and DISNEY has been running the show all of these years. Music reaches a crescendo.....a hoard of Pixies burst from the tree and take over the park. The final horror.....Marvel Super Hero Island has been turned into Pixie Hollow! Oh, the humanity!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I will melt (in a bad way) if MR is in any way at the center of this event. A friend suggested to me that MR leaving was a media hoax and set-up for this year's event. If it turns out that he is the employee at the center of the LT scenario or the grand puppetmaster....it would be a bit too much for even this die hard fan. I really do hope this is a year where we move on from the past and start reaping the benefits of the LOADS of talent at Universal for the future.

Edited by nerodude

I disagree.. I know for a fact that I see Darkness, & The Fire King... & am fairly certain about The Mummy & Director.

Perhaps Darkness will be the host of the Semi Confirmed Greek Mythology house... I could see them tying Darkness into that Storyline.. Perhaps he will be their leader.

The Ice Queen has been confirmed in the New York Streets... Perhaps we will see the Fire King there too along with Orcs... Never say Never.

Just because its explained, doesn't make it right.

I have the best of intentions with this post (although I'm sure there are many others on this board who would not and will not be so kind) but, are you serious? How in the world do you come onto the board literally weeks before the event and try to tell people that what has been discussed and agreed upon MONTHS ago is wrong? Half man-half bird...troll...really? I understand that everyone has the right to speculate and is entitled to their own opinions but wow, just wow. Before you reply, please go back and READ the threads where this was all discussed. I,for one, have never known the Fire King to wear clown make-up...that might just be me though. I understand that it may take some time to research when semi-cryptic (but fairly obvious) clues are given, but please understand you've lost pretty much all credibility by attempting to force your opinion onto others.

Just so this post isn't completely wasted, I speculate many answers will be given on Thursday. (this is called sarcasm)

Aside from all of the speculation on what will be at this years event I think it is abundantly clear that this year is not just paying homage to the past but to all of the die hard fans who have followed it for the past 20 years. I think that this year is tailored to everyone on these forums. Hence, the general crowd pleaser last year with well known movie characters and then the down and dirty elaborate mystery that makes up this year. Wow they really do care :).

And so it would appear that the final unveiling is nigh upon us. In the preceeding days, let me re-state my words one final time:

As FDR said in his First Inaugural Address: " . . . let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is Fear itself—nameless, unreasoning, unjustified terror."

Are there any amongst us who are familiar with the works of the great Bard? I, for one, have always been fond of Julius Caesar. Specifically, Act 3, Scene I, Line 273.

This Plague of ever-mutating speculation makes one yearn for the deathly quiet of a crypt or Catacombs.

A haunted mansion? Sounds like the sort of thing that some might enjoy investigating. Truthfully, effective ghost-themed haunts are decidedly difficult to achieve. Done correctly, though, the results could be positively Legendary.

One may be encouraged to learn that they may have one final opportunity to fly over the cuckoo's nest.

Many have wondered about poor Cindy's fate. She may have been spending time with Miss Hannigan, but all will become clearer as the day unfolds.

Texas may have a peculiar penchant for chainsaws, and the various Meatz may look tasty. However, those dining at the feast of Doomsday may already be dead themselves. Pardon that improperly placed zed.

It may be a labour of Hercules, but one should never turn around to look for Eurydice.

While many have walked the hallowed halls of horror through the years, this year's 20th Anniversary event to unveil the Best Universal has to offer.

One of the best posts I've read on the speculation thread this year.

Thank you kindly!

Edited by madmonk

I have the best of intentions with this post (although I'm sure there are many others on this board who would not and will not be so kind) but, are you serious? How in the world do you come onto the board literally weeks before the event and try to tell people that what has been discussed and agreed upon MONTHS ago is wrong? Half man-half bird...troll...really? I understand that everyone has the right to speculate and is entitled to their own opinions but wow, just wow. Before you reply, please go back and READ the threads where this was all discussed. I,for one, have never known the Fire King to wear clown make-up...that might just be me though. I understand that it may take some time to research when semi-cryptic (but fairly obvious) clues are given, but please understand you've lost pretty much all credibility by attempting to force your opinion onto others.

Just so this post isn't completely wasted, I speculate many answers will be given on Thursday. (this is called sarcasm)

Calm down.. your hitting the space bar so hard, your gunna poop your pants... Its merely opinions, maybe I was wrong about the Fire King..

But I know for a fact.. Wait I'm sorry, that gets taken to literal

I a 97% certain that this is Darkness.

l_256340d887f54d29a110d590a269c5c6.jpg

& I stated clearly that the rest I was uncertain about. Don't go off the deep end, my friend...

Those opinions were discussed pages ago.. These opinions discussed now... No matter right or wrong.. Hence the word 'Speculation'

I was not "forcing my opinion" on anyone simply stating it.

But since you seem confident that you are right in your opinion (& I am not saying you aren't in any way).

Who are these faces confirmed to be?

(BTW I've got more time then you think on horror night boards.. I was a Vaulter since 04'.. But that was pretty original taking a stab at my join date.. gave me a LOL.

-------------

On topic.. looking back now I seem to think that I see The Usher where I once saw 'The Mummy'

(I'm sure some of you can identify all of these faces, but I am sure that there are some of you that can't.,

lets not stuff the speculation thread with scolding over someone speculating.. Why not just point out what you see.)

Zed hmm men in black????

Zed (or Z) is the twenty-sixth and final letter of the basic modern Latin alphabet.

Zed or Djed, an ancient Egyptian symbol for stability

Zed, slang for zombie in the novel World War Z

also if we were in IOA zeds are characters in dr suess' red fish blue fish

Think about my other clue. They're feasting while already dead.

Why will I not be surprised if this entire argument gets deleted by the end of the week and we get scolded by a mod for telling someone that he's wrong?

I'm not trying to argue.. Im dropping that if that is where its going.. Just discussing speculation on the speculation thread of the discussion board. No harm no foul (No sarcasm intended).

lets not stuff the thread with back & fourths as it will probably get deleted like you said.

Think about my other clue. They're feasting while already dead.

Zombies?

(Cheezburger?)

I feel the disaster house will be running from Zombies, not so much Eddie. I mean there is a zombie room that was leaked, but whenever anyone ever talks about that house, they seem to skip that room. Plus the ZED hint backs that up (I believe haha I could be wrong)

L4D Rumor true!!!

(sarcasm)

If it is zombies I wonder if they will tie the story with Deadtropolis (hope not).

In certain pictures I seen a pawn shop, with guns (The Thing) & power tools (PUTS: UC).

I question if the "remaining survivors" will be fighting off the zombies with weapons, not unlike 'The Thing'.

Aggressive towards you, the guest, in fear that you are 'infected'

I liked that in 'The Thing' house.. It really gave you that sense of panic.

Here are my thoughts before the big update

(DISCLAIMER: I am not actually saying this is true in anyway.. Simply speculation & far fetched ideas... Please do not get offended by opinions expressed in this post)

SS 22 or 23 - I don't know which one.. But I think the Greek Mythology rumor will hold.

as for the other soundstages.. I am at a loss, but I would love to see a Director house that isn't just a walk through different movies..

But actually going through the directors sets while he is filming.. We, the guest, being the stars

I would love to see Eddie's RUN (original concept) be done in a soundstage.. This time they won't have to tone it down.

Disaster Queue - Zombie outbreak.. Survivors fighting back.

JAWS Queue - Good Harvest Orphanage.. With Cindy heating things up a little bit. ;)

-Sprung 1(?) - Shadow Creek... Its unclear right now.. But I see the robots returning...

& I love the rumor about a scientific experement gone wrong.. Opening a portal to hell, releasing hells demons

-Sprung 2(?) - I'll put money on having another Clown Funhouse.. If it isnt in here then perhaps a soundstage.

Parade Building - Semi-Confirmed Museum of the Past... Maybe I'm wrong about a whole funhouse.. Perhaps just a scene in this house?

I'm not going to touch on Scare Zone speculation.. Someone else that has heard a little more can do that.

Edited by Shadow Creek

Here are my thoughts before the big update

(DISCLAIMER: I am not actually saying this is true in anyway.. Simply speculation & far fetched ideas... Please do not get offended by opinions expressed in this post)

SS 22 or 23 - I don't know which one.. But I think the Greek Mythology rumor will hold.

as for the other soundstages.. I am at a loss, but I would love to see a Director house that isn't just a walk through different movies..

But actually going through the directors sets while he is filming.. We, the guest, being the stars

I would love to see Eddie's RUN (original concept) be done in a soundstage.. This time they won't have to tone it down.

Disaster Queue - Zombie outbreak.. Survivors fighting back.

JAWS Queue - Good Harvest Orphanage.. With Cindy heating things up a little bit. ;)

-Sprung 1(?) - Shadow Creek... Its unclear right now.. But I see the robots returning...

& I love the rumor about a scientific experement gone wrong.. Opening a portal to hell, releasing hells demons

-Sprung 2(?) - I'll put money on having another Clown Funhouse.. If it isnt in here then perhaps a soundstage.

Parade Building - Semi-Confirmed Museum of the Past... Maybe I'm wrong about a whole funhouse.. Perhaps just a scene in this house?

I'm not going to touch on Scare Zone speculation.. Someone else that has heard a little more can do that.

So do you think the Museum will be the XL house they've been barking about this year?

Also, I don't know about you guys but I'm tired of these 3d fun house haunted houses.

I would love to see that military house use some of the effects that we're used in Dead Exposure. (that feeling of inebriation the sudden flashes would give you was really intense when you feel the scareactors right next to you.)

Edited by QMGSaint

So do you think the Museum will be the XL house they've been barking about this year?

Also, I don't know about you guys but I'm tired of these 3d fun house haunted houses.

I would love to see that military house use some of the effects that we're used in Dead Exposure. (that feeling of inebriation the sudden flashes would give you was really intense when you feel the scareactors right next to you.)

No I doubt it.

& I don't care much for the 3D clown houses, either..

Has the goddess Nyx been mentioned and I just missed it? She's an interesting tie in with all of our speculation; the primordial goddess of the night who gave birth to Charon, Hypnos, and Thanatos (and a slew of others). That would put her in a position to have control of not only her own offspring, but over other 'children' of the night. Even Zeus was afraid of her.

Mae

I have a feeling that some questions will be answered on the 26th (like the overall theme), but I have a feeling that the BIG questions (like who nthe Icon is and what the lantern does) will be left for LT to figure out...after all, LT seems to be one of the big players this year.

I can see it now.....a long foggy walk down Production Central fraught with encounters from characters past. You come to the stage and see a man in a black hood chanting spells in front of a giant glowing lantern....the fog & lighting effects are amazing......the unveiling.....

An audioanimatronic is seen. It is Michael Roddy pulling levers. He yells, "Pay not attention to the man behind the curtain!" A further inspection of the area reveals the tree we've been speculating about. The levers MR is operating are causing the tree to come to life. It pulsates and moves. The arms reach out like tentacles. GASP! It is THE TREE OF LIFE from DAK. The legendary truth......Roddy has always worked for DISNEY and DISNEY has been running the show all of these years. Music reaches a crescendo.....a hoard of Pixies burst from the tree and take over the park. The final horror.....Marvel Super Hero Island has been turned into Pixie Hollow! Oh, the humanity!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I will melt (in a bad way) if MR is in any way at the center of this event. A friend suggested to me that MR leaving was a media hoax and set-up for this year's event. If it turns out that he is the employee at the center of the LT scenario or the grand puppetmaster....it would be a bit too much for even this die hard fan. I really do hope this is a year where we move on from the past and start reaping the benefits of the LOADS of talent at Universal for the future.

One problem, why would Disney replace Marvel Superhero Island since they already own Marvel anyways (and Men in Black but that's a whole different issue), i'd assume they'd turn something else into Pixie Hollow lol