HHN XX Speculation II

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is my last year in the speculation thread.

Please don't take this as any sort of hope that you do leave, but you have been saying this sort of thing nearly every year in spec threads here and elsewhere. Unless you actually do give up entirely and follow through with your 'threat" you will be in danger of becoming the new Brett Favre of the HHN forums.

We all know who the old Brett Favre of these forums was/is. ;)

That's it.I just can't stand the arguing. I've decided to leave these forums permanently. Don't try and stop me, I'm gone forever and there's nothing anyone can do about it. I've made up my mind. Good-bye forever.

After long seconds of soul searching, I have decided to return. Your outpouring of love and kindness in this thirty seconds since I left have warmed my heart. So I've decided to give you another chance. But don't try me...next time I might stay gone for a whole TWO MINUTES!

EDIT: DAMMIIT! The forum is set up to prevent double posting, isn't it? Thus TOTALLY ruining this joke, which would be WAY FUNNIER if it were two separate posts. Grumble grumble damn flood control grumble gripe bitch complain....

Edited by Bsquare

That's it.I just can't stand the arguing. I've decided to leave these forums permanently. Don't try and stop me, I'm gone forever and there's nothing anyone can do about it. I've made up my mind. Good-bye forever.

After long seconds of soul searching, I have decided to return. Your outpouring of love and kindness in this thirty seconds since I left have warmed my heart. So I've decided to give you another chance. But don't try me...next time I might stay gone for a whole TWO MINUTES!

EDIT: DAMMIIT! The forum is set up to prevent double posting, isn't it? Thus TOTALLY ruining this joke, which would be WAY FUNNIER if it were two separate posts. Grumble grumble damn flood control grumble gripe bitch complain....

LOL!! :D

Something just caught my eye as I was looking over the pictures on the HHN Media Site. The picture of a room in the parade building you can see a railing going slightly upwards/downwards, depends on how to look at it, and the they is suppose to be the vortex in this house. Well I'm guessing that that railing is above a ramp, that will lead u out of or into the vortex. Also, if you look at the maps it goes 15, 16, and then a map of probally 17, but I can't see the exact picture on it. Anyways, so possibly you could be entering the room or a continuation of a room to the right of 15's map and then exit from the railing in the bottom left hand corner. All of this could mean a couple of things. You enter the house and see the map of Fright Nights, then the deeper you get into the house the closer you get towards the map of HHN XX. After you pass 20's map, then you head up the ramp into the vortex and then you see the past in detail (old houses, characters, ect.) It could also mean that right as you enter the house, you go into the vortex. Once you exit the vortex and go down the ramp, you're now in a possible warehouse with past props, costumes, maps, ect.) You see 20's map right as you exit the votex, then it goes 19, 18, 17, ect. And as you're passing the maps, you see various props and costumes used in that year. Finally you get to the Fright Night's map, then you beging your descent into the past of HHN in detail (full rooms of past houses and chracters.

Half speculation, half my thought-up creation.

The body parts are all definitely from Home for the Holidays (amongst other places) and the lamp is the same.

As for the half man/half dog prosthetic, it could be from The Thing but that's no guarantee of anything. Remember - Universal is Green! Reuse and recycle.

Please don't take this as any sort of hope that you do leave, but you have been saying this sort of thing nearly every year in spec threads here and elsewhere. Unless you actually do give up entirely and follow through with your 'threat" you will be in danger of becoming the new Brett Favre of the HHN forums.

We all know who the old Brett Favre of these forums was/is. ;)

You're definitely thinking of someone else. I've said this once before as a joke in the Scare Zone Tournament of Champions. And it's no "threat", it's just me stating that the HHN community got out of control this year and that it might be time for me to check out.

As for the dog face... It could go both ways. It could be from a 'The Thing' Scene in the museum of past HHN house. Or the props could be being reused in the 'Shadow Creek' house

Something just caught my eye as I was looking over the pictures on the HHN Media Site. The picture of a room in the parade building you can see a railing going slightly upwards/downwards, depends on how to look at it, and the they is suppose to be the vortex in this house. Well I'm guessing that that railing is above a ramp, that will lead u out of or into the vortex. Also, if you look at the maps it goes 15, 16, and then a map of probally 17, but I can't see the exact picture on it. Anyways, so possibly you could be entering the room or a continuation of a room to the right of 15's map and then exit from the railing in the bottom left hand corner. All of this could mean a couple of things. You enter the house and see the map of Fright Nights, then the deeper you get into the house the closer you get towards the map of HHN XX. After you pass 20's map, then you head up the ramp into the vortex and then you see the past in detail (old houses, characters, ect.) It could also mean that right as you enter the house, you go into the vortex. Once you exit the vortex and go down the ramp, you're now in a possible warehouse with past props, costumes, maps, ect.) You see 20's map right as you exit the votex, then it goes 19, 18, 17, ect. And as you're passing the maps, you see various props and costumes used in that year. Finally you get to the Fright Night's map, then you beging your descent into the past of HHN in detail (full rooms of past houses and chracters.

Half speculation, half my thought-up creation.

That sounds like it could be pretty accurate.. Where are these maps you talk about.

You're definitely thinking of someone else. I've said this once before as a joke in the Scare Zone Tournament of Champions. And it's no "threat", it's just me stating that the HHN community got out of control this year and that it might be time for me to check out.

You haven't left until you stop posting.

That sounds like it could be pretty accurate.. Where are these maps you talk about?

They're probally in the room before, or like I said, the pictured room could be a continuation of another room. In the picture, you can only see 15's, 16's, and probally 17's map. 18, 19, and 20 could be on the wall behind where the photograph was taken. But to tell the truth I have absolutley no idea about the parade building, other than what's in the offical picture.

They're probally in the room before, or like I said, the pictured room could be a continuation of another room. In the picture, you can only see 15's, 16's, and probally 17's map. 18, 19, and 20 could be on the wall behind where the photograph was taken. But to tell the truth I have absolutley no idea about the parade building, other than what's in the offical picture.

Oh I see... Didn't notice those the first time looking at the pictures.

A little speculation.

Good Harvest, I'm assuming has a fire somehow tied into the storyline. Considering certain pictures.

I'm assuming that Cindy burns down the place for the finale, to get back at the abusive staff.

Edited by Shadow Creek

well don't forget Shadow Creek, Cindy's home was originally burned down. There's a good chance the fire could take place in the beginning of the house, showing us Cindy's journey to the orphanage. However, I can totally picture her burning down the house at the end as well; she wants to get away and she figures why not destroy this place the same way those people had destoryed HER home? :P

Maybe she even starts this fire with a "lantern".......lol sorry I couldnt resist xD lollll

Edited by Lambier

I could see that.

But one of the pictures has lockers, leading me to believe it is the orphanage burning.

Wouldn't that be an exciting finale if they could pull it off? An effect that makes it seem like the house is on fire. Scareactors screaming in pain still smoldering in the coals of the fire

Cindy with a "gas can" that she splashes on you (really just water). I know they have that smell, I have smelled it there on different occasions.. Blood Ruins sticks out the most.

I believe HOS did a house like that a couple years ago, if I'm not mistaken. With the whole fire theme.

I believe HOS did a house like that a couple years ago, if I'm not mistaken. With the whole fire theme.

That house was "The Hunted" (in ironic twist the house itself had a small fire)...it was also the first house that HOS used "a victim" (a scare actor that would be randomly yanked away from the house as you walked through it with them)

I am not sure though if the house we shall see will be on fire as walk through it...I think the fire will be in past tense.

Edited by AeonsAgo

I could see that.

But one of the pictures has lockers, leading me to believe it is the orphanage burning.

Wouldn't that be an exciting finale if they could pull it off? An effect that makes it seem like the house is on fire. Scareactors screaming in pain still smoldering in the coals of the fire

Cindy with a "gas can" that she splashes on you (really just water). I know they have that smell, I have smelled it there on different occasions.. Blood Ruins sticks out the most.

that sounds like it would be really awesome and terrifying, burning is a big no-no for a lot of people, if there was a way to make it like it was on fire, it would be really scary, add the actors and some smoke and people would be running out of there

They just need to make sure their house doesn't go the way of HOS and accidentally set anything on fire. The fiber optics and lights used to make fake fire can run pretty hot.

I think it's more likely that the house will have a burnt wood/flesh smell, maybe with small smoke machines in the corners.

They just need to make sure their house doesn't go the way of HOS and accidentally set anything on fire. The fiber optics and lights used to make fake fire can run pretty hot.

I think it's more likely that the house will have a burnt wood/flesh smell, maybe with small smoke machines in the corners.

The fire in The Hunted started because a stupid guest flicked a lit cigarette onto a prop couch. <_< It was actually difficult to evacuate the house because guests thought it was just really awesome special effects. So hopefully that won't be a problem ever again haha.

The best part of that house, even more than burning wood smells, was the thick fog; I hope to see that in any good fire-themed house.

An interesting fact is that actors cannot actually use the word "fire" at the event. I was a burning alive victim in the HOS house The Mortuary in '05 and could say anything but that word for safety reasons. At least, that's how it worked at HOS. I'll be interested in how HHN handles the situation with such a fire-themed event.

The thing head is NOT a prosthetic or mask, so it is safe to assume no one will be wearing it. And also yes it still could be used in the Tent 2 (like they used the thing stuff in Creatures) it will not be a scaractor. I say it is not a mask because there are no holes in it to see out of, and although universal is good at hiding vision points, I have worn enough masks to know what to look for

Has HHN ever done something to the extent of pulling actors from the crowd in the houses? Like HOS has in the past?

I think this would bring a whole new level of immersion to the event.

Thay did it last year in SAW... the only reason I know is I walked in the house and this dude joined us from a different entrance... and then he got grabbed.

Thay did it last year in SAW... the only reason I know is I walked in the house and this dude joined us from a different entrance... and then he got grabbed.

Wow, that would've been great to see.

From what I've been looking at on the pictures it seems the THING prosthetic might scare the SH** out of me =(