HHN XX Speculation II

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a chance.

I'd just last to say - two individuals on this board have referenced "your/that time will come" on multiple occasions. That phrase has been overlooked on multiple occasions (with the exception of one or two ppl here).

Can we maybe speculate on that a bit? I myself may be going in the completely wrong direction, but for what it's worth we have been given a burning latern (that continues to burn stronger) and references to "time."

Thoughts?

That is a reference to the Caretaker, which is probably a given hint that the Caretaker will return quite possibly with his own house this year. Could it be that Screamhouse returns again? I don't know, but one could hope.

That is a reference to the Caretaker, which is probably a given hint that the Caretaker will return quite possibly with his own house this year. Could it be that Screamhouse returns again? I don't know, but one could hope.

Maybe not the Caretaker himself in that old Victorian manor, but perhaps another very close family member...

....as in, what if Cindy's house isn't Jaws, but Soundstage 22? I know sequel houses are a taboo topic here alongside movie houses and Jack, but given the idea that the Disaster house may, in fact, be the RUN house that never was starring Eddie, then 22 could possibly be the Screamhouse that never was starring Cindy (even though, in theory, it would essentially be the same as it was in 2002 but with a little girl instead of a caretaker as the star).

have we considered that this fire and burning may mean a clense and possibly that this will be the last year of HHN

To be honest, I don't think they (UO) would ever think of ending an annual Halloween event that brings in millions of money each year.

it isnt last year of the horror nights it will not end as it is probly last year as know it with the icons. next year will not have the icons we know and love anymore probly. horror nights will not end it is too big and known and unversal is making tons of money on it this year. it is selling more then ever this year.

Edited by bloodyirit

Maybe not the Caretaker himself in that old Victorian manor, but perhaps another very close family member...

....as in, what if Cindy's house isn't Jaws, but Soundstage 22? I know sequel houses are a taboo topic here alongside movie houses and Jack, but given the idea that the Disaster house may, in fact, be the RUN house that never was starring Eddie, then 22 could possibly be the Screamhouse that never was starring Cindy (even though, in theory, it would essentially be the same as it was in 2002 but with a little girl instead of a caretaker as the star).

Not that I don't like this idea, but I Thought we've been hearing about a small amount of past and more so new terrors developing. With all this stuff about bringing back houses it kinda messes up that ideal. I figured we'd have the parade building as our little tribute the all others as original stuff. But as always speculation is speculation and makes the weeks up to the reveal so much fun :)

EDIT: maybe they can take the profit off HHN this year, not do HHN next year and finally put tents over the parks :P

Edited by gatoralex

I heard from my first cousin's nephew's uncle's third party kosher grocer that next year Horror Nights will look something like this:

HHNBillboard2.jpg

Oh, and there closing The Simpsons to bring back BACK to the FUTURE.

Don't believe everything you hear on the internet, kids! :D

Sorry about the tie-up between the lantern and the caretaker reference. I'll be honest, I'm a true GP HHN fan; I don't know all too much about the backstories of each individual icon (and their "taglines") - though LT's involvement with BM in 08 really, really intrigued me with the way Uni involves the deep-rooted fans.

Anyways, this is probably far out there, but my first stab at speculating nevertheless...

Regarding the lantern, maybe it's a "crystal ball" of sorts - in that the lantern is what has predicted what's feared most by GP and has, hypothetically, helped A&D produce HHN for the past 19 years. This correlates with the idea that the lantern has existed all along. Also, kind of, correlates with the "past predicts the future" theory.

Again, just my first true stab at speculation.

A while back someone who knows told me that the scarezone on Hollywood Blvd. containing many old friends from past HHN's would "lead up to something, that if they can pull it off, would be very, very cool." Without actually telling me what this "something" would be, he implied very strongly that it would be in the area where the Skoolhouse had been located in 2008 and the Drive-In screen in 2009.

So, I got to thinking this morning and I now wonder, what if the scarezone by Mel's in this area is not actually a separate scarezone of its own, but rather an extension, continuation or culmination of Hollywood Blvd. leading up to this 'something cool"? A "punch line" as it were?

This would solve the whole 6 or 7 scarezone dilemma brought up by T.J.'s having told us 6 zones at Hauntcon and the 14 photos on the website.

There has been a lot of speculation about this area, people have guessed everything from a Tree to a Giant Lantern. A show maybe? If not the marriage of Jack and Chance, perhaps their execution?

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

I think a big, bad ass, creepy, dead tree with a big lantern would be awesome. And they can have a little show there.

As for houses... The disaster house has to be the most random house we've ever had, I think. Anyone that has seen these leaked pictures knows what I'm talking about. We may see "RUN" making a return? But, with it's original concept? I think we all want that ;)

I think a big, bad ass, creepy, dead tree with a big lantern would be awesome. And they can have a little show there.

As for houses... The disaster house has to be the most random house we've ever had, I think. Anyone that has seen these leaked pictures knows what I'm talking about. We may see "RUN" making a return? But, with it's original concept? I think we all want that ;)

RUN back in it's original form would be epic.

I feel like there is going to be a lot of that. Where we may have new ideas for houses, etc but also a lot of recurring ideas or scenes. A lot of culminating seems like it would make sense, like a lot of other people have been saying especially with the scare zones and shows. It all could just be a continuation of old ideas, or maybe a way to tie it all together and give it an appropriate ending?

I just noticed ! He has old-style jailers keys on his belt opposite of the badge. This man is a jailer... possibly the warden.

It looks like he is holding a giant hammer behind his back... But I don't think that is what it is supposed to be.

Looks like one of those fellows you might find around new york.

in regards to this being HHN's "last year"-people have already begun talking about how both HHN21 and HHN22 are in the works so something tells me we'll be getting the bejeesus scared out of us for many years to come ;)

And yes, I heard about Bloody Mary being cast as well!! I must say I am completely delighted!! :] I wonder how they got around the legal issues...

I have no idea if this is appropriate to post here, but it is a sort of speculation, so here it goes:

I had a CRAZY dream last night! I was with a friend (no one I knew in RL, but it was a handsome young gentleman, at least) and he was determined to get some 'construction' photos. We snuck over to the tents to try and get anything possible. There was a sort of flap enterance and he stuck his head in to see. He got really excited and put his camera in the flap and took several quick shots. Then he turned to me to show what looked like writing on a white wall. It was neat, but not worth the trouble, so he put his camera on video and stuck it in there again. This time, I could hear him say "Wow, those Jack naysayers are going to be surprised!" He showed me the video, which was of a big, masculine forearm with bloody clown gloves on, drawing on the wall. Before we could do anything else, the flap blew open and I could see the arm, too! It reached out and grabbed my friend by the leg and pulled him in the tent! I sat down on the ground, sort of stunned, and heard him screaming...

Then I woke up.

As far as nightmares go, it was a little too fun to bolt upright, but it got my heart racing. I got the giggles trying to go to back to sleep because I'd had an HHN dream!

Mae

I have no idea if this is appropriate to post here, but it is a sort of speculation, so here it goes:

I had a CRAZY dream last night! I was with a friend (no one I knew in RL, but it was a handsome young gentleman, at least) and he was determined to get some 'construction' photos. We snuck over to the tents to try and get anything possible. There was a sort of flap enterance and he stuck his head in to see. He got really excited and put his camera in the flap and took several quick shots. Then he turned to me to show what looked like writing on a white wall. It was neat, but not worth the trouble, so he put his camera on video and stuck it in there again. This time, I could hear him say "Wow, those Jack naysayers are going to be surprised!" He showed me the video, which was of a big, masculine forearm with bloody clown gloves on, drawing on the wall. Before we could do anything else, the flap blew open and I could see the arm, too! It reached out and grabbed my friend by the leg and pulled him in the tent! I sat down on the ground, sort of stunned, and heard him screaming...

Then I woke up.

As far as nightmares go, it was a little too fun to bolt upright, but it got my heart racing. I got the giggles trying to go to back to sleep because I'd had an HHN dream!

Mae

This reminds me a lot of the back story for Jack in one way or another. It's funny that he was somewhat involved with your dream.

in regards to this being HHN's "last year"-people have already begun talking about how both HHN21 and HHN22 are in the works so something tells me we'll be getting the bejeesus scared out of us for many years to come ;)

With Legendary Truth, and how they're suggesting that Universal aren't telling us the whole truth, I feel as though LT's ultimate mission may be to shut down Halloween Horror Nights once and for all... like it's the Hellmouth, the ground zero for evil. And if I'm right, we have a game where we can't really win... if we succeed in our investigations and help them defeat the evil, there's no more HHN... but if we DO get it back next year, it must mean we failed as The Collective.

Obviously I know we'll be getting HHN 21, but it seems as though we're being set up to fail from the start :P

Edited by Dave Moseley

lol Dave, I've actually thought about that. But I have to say, I think we're set up for failure. My prediction is that, if this indeed the path they're taking with the LT trying to "shut down" HHN, I think something mysterious will HAPPEN to the LT by the end of the event with the opening of the lantern and the new era will commence :P Like I said, I think our event is safe for years to come, but who knows.

I just went back and found this on the original speculation page.......maybe I wasnt too far off after all......Maybe it is JMR....but with the lantern :D

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:22 PM

I am very intrigued and excited about what shadowlurker has suggested. As anyone who has read any of my prior posts would know..I trueley dislike the idea of reunion years and or rehashed/re-imagined houses.

This does make me go back and rethink the one clue we think is true...."arts and crafts move".....

I do have my own theory of what this could be.

Back at the old site many of us lurked on...years ago, I posted my own idea for a HHN theme. I thought it might be interesting if maybe all those "overlooked" or "unused" ideas that universal had thrown to the wayside came to life, and took over HHN. What if they took out their vengance for being created but never used. What if their scrap book/ scrap heap of left for dead arts and crafts got loose....or were set loose.

I could never real come up with a good idea to bring it all together ie: how they came to life.....but hey I was up late that night and speculating what do you want ...right?

Maybe Darkness could do it.....maybe a Voodoo Witch Doctor...Maybe a former employee with the intials JMR? lol

Lets see what we can come up with by going back to the "arts and crafts move" clue.....

Edited by bonovox