HHN XX Speculation II

It would do you no harm to go back and take a look at what has already been posted. Much stuff that people post as "new" ideas, speculations or information has already been discussed.

Also it would do you no harm, and would do you well to look at what has been posted in other forums, especially at HHN Rumors an affiliate of this site.

Chad who runs that forum made a few interesting predictions about potential house names before the recent update, and even before the recent Disaster! Queue blueprint and Jaws Queue photo leaks.

He predicted for example, several days ago that the Jaws Queue house could be named The Orphan (NOT related to the movie) this, plus the photos is what led me to first suggest that the house would be set in an orphanage.

Another prediction he made was that the "prison" house whose facade so resembles Shadybrook could be named The Plague Pit.

You really should go and check this stuff out.

Now, about Dia de los Muertos. The Mexican celebration portrays skeletons in happy, festive and celebratory ways. These are never meant to be frightening, as the dead are our welcome guests and friends in this holiday. Families go to the cemeteries and party with their departed relatives pouring tequila into the graves and having a picnic amongst the tombstones. Although there is admittedly some resemblance to the festive skeleton in the photo, that figure's expression is too severe for the happier Mexican holiday.

This, plus the matching Mardi Gras colors, plus the knowledge of a Mardi Gras scarezone really makes it far more likely that it is intended as a New Orleans/Haitian Voodoo figure. Furthermore the designs on the forehead look very much like Afro-Caribbean veves used in such religions as Voudon.

Now some speculations about that mysterious fellow in the bowler hat. The only resemblance to last year's Victor Frankenstein is that he is also very much a Steampunk Chap. But we should not assume that just because Victor was Steampunk last year, that any and all Steampunk styled scareactors this year would also be Frankenstein!

There is in fact little in his costume to suggest this, it is brightly colored, rather than somber as Victor's was, and has nothing about it to suggest "mad scientist" rather the dapper mustache, monocle and vest with the shoulder holster and weapon of some sort strapped to the back suggest some sort of Steampunk adventurer. The bowler hat (with Steampunk goggles!) reminds me of a Scotland Yard Inspector, or maybe Dr. Watson. And what is that at his belt? Is it some sort of badge? Could this dashing fellow be some sort of Steampunk Detective? (If so, it could be that A&D at least are very appreciative of TheEyeOfHorus and have included an inside joke here in his honor!)

But what house could this interesting person be located in? Well, getting back to Chad's predictions, he said that the house in SS 22 would most likely be a sort of Victorian Era Haunted Mansion, and furthermore suggested that part of the theme of the house would be Legendary Truth's investigation into it!

What if Legendary Truth actually existed in some secret as yet unrevealed way before the whole Mary Agana affair in 1958? What if there had been some Victorian predecessor to LT investigating strange phenomena in the late 1800s and early 1900s?

What would a member of such an organization look like?

Then of course, I must also remind everybody that there is still one scarezone we know absolutely nothing about in the Plaza of the Stars. Which makes the whole 14 photos, 8 houses 6 scarezones thing perplexing, UNLESS they have chosen not to provide us with a photo from Hollywood Blvd. as that scarezone's scareactors are a bit redundant.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is in fact little in his costume to suggest this, it is brightly colored, rather than somber as Victor's was, and has nothing about it to suggest "mad scientist" rather the dapper mustache, monocle and vest with the shoulder holster and weapon of some sort strapped to the back suggest some sort of Steampunk adventurer. The bowler hat (with Steampunk goggles!) reminds me of a Scotland Yard Inspector, or maybe Dr. Watson. And what is that at his belt? Is it some sort of badge? Could this dashing fellow be some sort of Steampunk Detective? (If so, it could be that A&D at least are very appreciative of TheEyeOfHorus and have included an inside joke here in his honor!)

See I thought the red thing up on the shoulder brace looked like a heart. But I agree not Frankenstien... Just steampunk.

See I thought the red thing up on the shoulder brace looked like a heart. But I agree not Frankenstien... Just steampunk.

A Steampunk Knave of Hearts? But Alice would be in the Parade bldg, and IF they were to represent Hollywood Blvd. that would not be a good representative character.

Perhaps a con-artist?

Just judging by the architecture alone, I think this costume has something to do with the above facade..just an thought...

Voodooguy.jpg

You're way off on this. The two images have no similarities in the cultures they're designed after. The top one is very Greek, and the bottom costume is very clearly inspired by the Mexican "Day of the Dead". I won't be surprised if the costume is featured in a scarezone that utilizes black lights either.

^^haha thats funny, and yes it required a post to state the obvious

Now i was just thinking about this costume, and if you disagree, just disagree dont do some kind of ripping apart of my post

but could this be the zombie of the parade building? just throwing it out there.

Now some speculations about that mysterious fellow in the bowler hat. The only resemblance to last year's Victor Frankenstein is that he is also very much a Steampunk Chap. But we should not assume that just because Victor was Steampunk last year, that any and all Steampunk styled scareactors this year would also be Frankenstein!

Thanks Jimmy..People also forget that steampunk style was around in 2008, with Path of the Wicked's Flying Monkeys and the Tin Man (who was also in the Parade Bldg). Steampunk is just that- a style.

And what is that at his belt? Is it some sort of badge? Could this dashing fellow be some sort of Steampunk Detective?

I just noticed ! He has old-style jailers keys on his belt opposite of the badge. This man is a jailer... possibly the warden.

It looks like he is holding a giant hammer behind his back... But I don't think that is what it is supposed to be.

Edited by JWFearman

Sorry i guess I was vague. I was in no way intending to mean he was Dr Frankenstein or to imply Frank coming back. Mearly the steampunk look has a resemblance to Dr of last year, and we do know that Tent 1 has Drs cast there.

Dr Jimmy... I for one almost had a holloween'o'gasam... As you already know I love anything with the word bloody and the name Mary put together and the mysterious Bloody Mary paintings have gotten me very interested! And I just can't wait for the hhn website to be updated some time around August 27 or somewhere around there!:)But for now I will call them Dr. Mary Agana Paintings just in case that's what uni wants to call them... I hope she i the commercial!:) May I use this whole post as an HHN update on YouTube?

If you do please make sure you say I posted this on July 28th, we've had a lot more info released since then and this earlier analysis of mine is a bit outdated.

EDIT - oh, I'll just update that analysis for you right now, OK?

Overview and some analysis of what we have learned so far:

SS 22 House - according to building permit has a large facade with which there have been problems dealing with the size of the stairs in the entranceway. I have received some additional intelligence concerning this facade from numerous sources, but have been asked to keep my confidence at this time. Word will likely get out sooner or later, but not from me.

cast are Spector and Hockey. Code names?

UPDATE - We now know that this house will be something like a Victorian Era Haunted Mansion that may be investigated by Legendary Truth. I still can't say exactly what i know about this house but I'm sure that time will come...

SS 23 Houses - from permits we know that one has apparent theme of Greek mythology, as rooms include gorgon/medusa and army of Hades. Other has been reported as having a prison entrance as facade, this was confirmed to me by another source.

Cast most likely in Greek house are Cyclops and Medusa. One person cast called it "Clash of the Titans" house, but direct adaptation of the film seems unlikely.

UPDATE - a Minotaur is also cast in this house which could suggest a Labyrinth.

Cast apparently in Prison house is Straight-Jacket. Psychoscareapy? Hellgate?

Cast in one of the houses as yet undetermined which are Ghost, Witch and Crying Blood. These could be denizens of Hades or the prison may be haunted.

UPDATE - the ghost, witch, and crying blood are all likely to be in the prison house whose facade strongly resembles Shadybrook. This house is now rumored to be called The Plague Pit.

Disaster! Queue House - facade resembles warehouse, mechanic shop with van is visible.

Cast are Mechanic, Carnie and Dentist.

Proximity to Mardi Gras scarezone suggests New Orleans theme of some sort.

UPDATE - also cast is "Howard". Full layout and blueprint of house has been leaked. Rooms include waiver and gift shop, carnival midway, zombiecycles, assault vehicle, etc. Rumored to be a violent and deadly game show or carnival theme. Mardi Gras/New Orleans no longer likely for the house.

Whatever it is it seems very likely that A&D will be giving the guests a RUN for their money!

Jaws Queue House - has burnt wood, swingsets, forest.

Cast are Bed Clothes, Valedictorian, Nightmare Man, Body Bag, Barber, Crispy, Clown and another who I am not at liberty to divulge.

Theories include NOES and Cindy house, Clown supports Cindy's toys, but Barber could be code name for Johnny Depp character from original NOES film.

UPDATE - photos revealed rooms of cribs, dolls pictures of clowns, lockers, and very small cages. House has been revealed to represent an orphanage, from site photo it is Good Harvest Home for Orphans. NOES no longer likely, Cindy? maybe.

Parade Building House - from permits we know will include Rat Lady and Vortex. Mysterious Bloody Mary artwork has been claimed in this house.

Cast are Body, Zombie, Undertaker, Mad Hatter, Projectionist, and Janitor. Current theory is best-off HHN.

UPDATE - Frankenstein and Wolfman confirmed for this house. Official photo reveals what looks very much like a Prop Warehouse.

Sprung Tent 1 House - permits reveal museum hallway,

Cast are Mummified Corpse and Doc. Museum of some sort?

Sprung Tent 2 House - permits show observation deck and military storage. Facade resembles large seaside military bunker in Cape May, New Jersey.

Cast are Pitchfork, Bed Victim, Patient and Full, Half and Basic DOW in addition to Female. DOWs and female require shaved heads.

The Crazies is a popular theory which has been disputed. Military theme however seems quite likely.

UPDATE - Military installation confirmed, from military crest in official artwork. Name of installation is Shadow Creek. Alpha/Omega symbols strongly suggest doomsday weapon.

Plaza of the Stars Scarezone - unknown as yet, but reports of scareactors cast in this location.

New York Street Scarezone - cast are Ice Queen and Chainsaws, Chainsaws are all very big men. Could Queen invade NYC with Orcs wielding chainsaws?

Shrek Alley Scarezone - cast are Sirens and Lurky Hag. Greek mythology connected to SS 23 house?

Hollywood Blvd. Scarezone - cast are Queen of Hearts, Dead Cheerleader, Mary Shaw, Stilts, Chainsaw, Pumpkinhead, Chucky and Chance. Seems to be zone of HHN past.

UPDATE - Also cast are Frankenstein and Wolfman.

Kidzone Scarezone - cast are Willow Huts. Witches? Something like the Hallow? Nucklegrunts? Who knows.

Mel's Diner Scarezone - Con-Artists. Again quite the mystery, Incubi and Succubi demons however are in a way, con-artists.

San Francisco Scarezone - cast are Mardi Gras consisting of attractive small women, and men required to go shirtless. New Orleans Voodoo or vampires (or both) suggested possible homage to Festival of the Dead or Midway of the Bizarre. Midway clowns were never shirtless however, but go watch evil clown movie Fear of Clowns and you will see shirtless evil clowns can work.

UNKNOWN LOCATION also cast in a street or a house are: White Rabbit (Hollywood? Parade Bldg.?) and Treak (is this what we may find in Plaza of the Stars?)

UPDATE - White Rabbit now confirmed in Parade Building.

I also am aware of another MAJOR character cast that I cannot divulge, and I am not certain of location, but I suspect Parade Building. UPDATE - It has now been revealed on various forums by others so I can now report that BLOODY MARY has been cast, somewhere...

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

UPDATE - It has now been revealed on various forums by others so I can now report that BLOODY MARY has been cast, somewhere...

PRAISE THE LORD!!! I had pretty much already decided she wasn't going to be there but I guess I was wrong. So now Mary has been cast it looks like all 6 of our major icons, and possibly our 2 almost icons, will be present this year. I am happy now. ;)

Know what the steampunk look says to me? It says "We have a shitload of custom-made costume pieces from the Frankenstein house last year that we want to re-use."

Hey, I'll take it! I adored that house; the look, the actors, the whole story...everything!

I loved the 'staples' holding the walls together. Talk about steampunk!

Besides, guys are hot in steampunk gear.

Mae

Bloody Mary has been cast!?!? HUZZAH! I would imagine she'll either be in the street (Hollywood) or in the Parade Building (Renunion), along with our other shadows from the past... but this does beg the question. Is this going to be an All-Night Die-In type deal where the character is "unofficially" present, and thus will never be referred to as "Bloody Mary" by Universal (except in backstage documentation), or were they just a little late in getting the rights to the character, which could be possible since she was not present in the Lantern images or in the Twenty Years of Fear section but is now supposedly in the event...?

possibly that this will be the last year of HHN

Not a chance.

I'd just last to say - two individuals on this board have referenced "your/that time will come" on multiple occasions. That phrase has been overlooked on multiple occasions (with the exception of one or two ppl here).

Can we maybe speculate on that a bit? I myself may be going in the completely wrong direction, but for what it's worth we have been given a burning latern (that continues to burn stronger) and references to "time."

Thoughts?