HHN XX Speculation II

Or unless someone drew up the picture themselves, stuck it on a scanner to make it look more "authentic" and "snuck" and that's why it appears to be backlit by a scanner bulb. That's my own uneducated $0.02 guess :)

I fully agree. Which is why I stated that my observations do not give authenticity to the picture. But like MrBungle, I cannot dismiss this image as an outright fake. I remember last year images of concept art that were dismissed as being fakes, and that the character they depicted would not appear at the event. Yet Julian did appear and ushered us all into the Universal Palace Theater.

So allow me to once again play Devil's Advocate.

Since this is the Parade Building, which will most likely be a HHN History house, an image of Mary would be very fitting. Further, the image appears to almost be a negative image. Mary showed up in several houses as a projection in 08. A small projected image of a character that Uni cannot name would pay homage to the icon rather nicely.

EDIT: JW - Could you flip the image horizontally and invert the colors. I am having issues with uploading pics from my comp. Thanks so much.

Edited by mystiquephreeq

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My two cents.... Enhanced, this pic looks like it is actually painted on canvas...

Agreed it could be faked... but why would you fake canvas? Seems random.

Maybe they wanted it to go along with their idea of it being a museum. Paintings are often done on canvas and maybe the person wanted to make it seem realistic and like a real painting from Universal.

maybe i just have the mind of a criminal... but if i'm going to risk it all and trespass into the damn parade building, best believe i'm gonna come out with more proof than a shoddy bloody mary picture. i don't buy it.

and some food for thought... i know of 3 people who have been cast into the jaws house. it should be of note that all 3 of these people are female. i know its a small sample, but 3/3 at this point seems a bit "different" to me. i feel that the scareactor database is mostly male-dominated, so this stuck out to me. maybe i'm just reaching, though.

maybe i just have the mind of a criminal... but if i'm going to risk it all and trespass into the damn parade building, best believe i'm gonna come out with more proof than a shoddy bloody mary picture. i don't buy it.

and some food for thought... i know of 3 people who have been cast into the jaws house. it should be of note that all 3 of these people are female. i know its a small sample, but 3/3 at this point seems a bit "different" to me. i feel that the scareactor database is mostly male-dominated, so this stuck out to me. maybe i'm just reaching, though.

I agree I would come back with something better... If I did that anymore :ninja:

Female=small typically... but you would be able to validate that better seeing as you know them...

Like most chucky's were girls. Perhaps a small character is needed? Or it is not a large enough sample.

Here we go again with the "fake" things popping up. Every year it happens, just later this year than most, in part due to the lack of website updates. And if that were a real media piece it would not look like someone played with photoshop to get it the way it looks. Besides, it seems this person who is LEAKING information has an obsession for attention. For a guest to make it to the parade building, enter, and back without being questioned would be a stretch at best. I know the doors are not left unlocked to that building UNLESS workers are in there working.

I have an idea of who the leak came from, and will try to verify. So carry on with the previous speculation.

Female=small typically... but you would be able to validate that better seeing as you know them...

#1 - 5'1ish average/slim build

#2 - 5'3-5'5ish average/slim build

#3 - do not know personally, friend of a friend

so, not like chucky-small, but not tall amazonian women either.

#1 - 5'1ish average/slim build

#2 - 5'3-5'5ish average/slim build

#3 - do not know personally, friend of a friend

so, not like chucky-small, but not tall amazonian women either.

Actually yes Chucky Small, one of them was Chucky.

And Strangonedout,

You have not worked the event since you wore the Hockey Mask, The Parade Building is quite a hike to get to, and a friend who works there has been by the building several times, Doors always shut, and he has seen security in the area a few times. As tight as things are this year I would suspect all security has been stepped up. This time last year we had interior pics from Disaster, and with all the speculation on the Disaster house, I would think someone would have tried there first.

First off, after reading through the speculation, why is it that in past years, everyone has wanted an all original event, and now, for the big twentieth year everyone is trying to figure out with movie is going to be turned into a house. We had a huge movie based event last year, and I for one, would be msot grateful for a completely original event like we have wanted previously. I think that the parade building will most likely be a museum of past events. I also think that other than the parade building and hollywood, it will be original. at least.. that's what I'm hoping.

As for the logo and the new picture.. the logo is obviously pretty legit looking, although, I don't know what employee newsletter its on... I haven't seen it. And for the fan art looking picture of Mary Agana, I can't say that it isn't really, but I know, as others have said, that if I risked sneaking into the parade building, I would come out with more than just pictures of that. Then again, how do we know this "source" didn't take more? For all we know, he/she is harboring them for future release. Hell, I don't know, maybe it reallym just is fan art.

Casey

Well, us talking of the validity of the pic will get us nowhere. As for me, I will speculate because, well,'it's all we have.

This painting could be representative for an icon. Could there be an "artist" who converts art to reality? I know it's strange, but don't shoot it down.

Also, for the XX on the logo. How cool would it be for them to utilize the XX as scars and injuries, like have scareactors with crossed scars where their eyes are, like they were sewn shut and slashed? Or have huge cross slashes on bodies. The creativity could be amazing.

First off, after reading through the speculation, why is it that in past years, everyone has wanted an all original event, and now, for the big twentieth year everyone is trying to figure out with movie is going to be turned into a house. We had a huge movie based event last year, and I for one, would be msot grateful for a completely original event like we have wanted previously. I think that the parade building will most likely be a museum of past events. I also think that other than the parade building and hollywood, it will be original. at least.. that's what I'm hoping.

due to the last-minute scarezone last year and various hints from hhn higher-ups, everyone's just expecting some sort of blast from the past. not sure about the movie correlations. i'm with you, though. i hope its 90% original, 10% tribute.

Also, for the XX on the logo. How cool would it be for them to utilize the XX as scars and injuries, like have scareactors with crossed scars where their eyes are, like they were sewn shut and slashed? Or have huge cross slashes on bodies. The creativity could be amazing.

riddling xx's throughout the park would be pretty cool. it'd be something to look out for, kind of like the flying rats in grand theft auto.

Edited by val

wht if we wake up one day and the website now is just a mess around and we see they have a whole new website

That is actually quite common. In the past we have received a teaser site and then next thing you know its completely gone and its a freakin awesome brand new site. They have even won webby awards for their state of the art websites. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the site completely changed. The sites typically build off of each other though. So I'd imagine this one will finish its coming soons first.

Seems to me that the site is already set up for whats to come, with file titled GENERIC SWF and LANTERN SWF, that to me seems like they are going to keep the main landing page with the Lantern that will soon develop into the " KICK ASS " site like years past. and the Link that takes us to XX YEARS OF FEAR is our " SCRAP BOOK / DRAWERS etc. As for the ( CHARACTERS and LOCATIONS ) to me feels like a great place to put old concepts, construction plans etc.

As for the lantern and the speculation of it belonging to an " ICON " hmmm that one is tricky but I feel as if someone left the Lantern for us to use through the darkness... Who knows but I deal in logic and that makes sense to me.

The logo and Photocopy type image, Im no one to validate the image. But Arts and Crafts come to mind. Only time will tell what all this speculation will lead to, as for me... I can wait patience is a virtue.

A new ERA of horror is coming, REAL SOON.

Per your request

Although I don't see anything.

Thanks so much JW. I knew I wasn't making myself clear. I don't have a photo editor and was using paint terminology. I should have said reverse the image I think. Like a negative. Anyways here is what I meant. Finally got my comp to cooperate.

Flipped

bm_smallflipped.jpg

Flipped & Colors Inverted

bm_smallflippedinverted.jpg

If it's a projection we could be seeing it from the backside. Anyways, who knows.......

A new ERA of horror is coming, REAL SOON.

I agree very soon :)

Good point about the Arts and Crafts.

Thanks so much JW. I knew I wasn't making myself clear. I don't have a photo editor and was using paint terminology.

No worries I did the inverse. I just rotated the canvas rather than flip the horizontal :P

Edited by JWFearman

The HHNXX artwork is real. The fan art I'm not sure about. I will confirm the HHNXX logo though. They came from 2 different sources.

Yes Chad, the artwork is real, used in the July newsletter for UO employees.

Well, us talking of the validity of the pic will get us nowhere. As for me, I will speculate because, well,'it's all we have.

This painting could be representative for an icon. Could there be an "artist" who converts art to reality? I know it's strange, but don't shoot it down.

That would be fun, sort of a gory 'hidden mickey'.

And I like the artist bringing his work to life idea. It's a classic theme, starting in (guess where?) ancient Greece with Pygmalion. If done right it could be very creepy. I personally hate statues with multi-demensional carved eyes/eyeballs and they freak me out anywhere I see them.

Mae

Edited by Mae

IDK, that picture reminds me of the Blair Witch, and maybe only because I watched that movie again last week.

The parade building is NOT easy to get to, and is usually only open when Mardi Gras floats are being taken out/brought in. Maybe the picture came from a maintenance person or something, who knows, or it could be fan art. I haven't been back that way in over 2 months, so I have no idea how open it is, and even if I did know, I wouldn't say and certainly wouldn't take any photos.

Uni has been unusually tight-lipped this year, haven't they?

Guest EmericBelasco

For those of you desiring to get this thread back on-topic:

I have recently been reading back issues of Psychology Today. Specifically, a November 2005 issue, featuring an article by Darby Saxbe. You may want to check it out yourself. It is an appropriate title to add to one's collection.