HHN XX Speculation II

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE: Undertaker - Parade Building

So zombies and undertakers... sounds good to me!

I wonder if that could mean we get the wwe undertaker house from Hollywood? ha ha just kidding it does sound like the house has some potential though. It has everything my wife is afraid of that makes it funner for me.

Did anyone stop to think that maybe the code names are being deliberately used to throw everyone off? They just might want you to believe that NOES and The Crazies will be mazes at this year's event.

You know as well as I do sweetie that is always the case... ;) None the less, that doesn't stop everyone from speculating the last inch of life out of every detail they can get their hands on...LOL

some one was cast as undertaker in the parade building...could this be a codename for the caretake

That is rather obvious and I didn't even think about it. It could be a codename for the caretaker but your guess is as good as mine. I really do think most of these cast names are code names.

At first I sought to reconcile these divergent accounts, taking my cue from the old fable of the Blind Men and the Elephant. In that story each blind man felt part of the elephant and thought he knew the whole, he only had a piece of the truth which was far more marvelous than he had imagined. So I had hoped, that the sources had only heard part of what was going on, and neither being wrong the truth would encompass all of what they had learned.

It can be done. You know I love to play Devils Advocate.

Greek Mythology House – What are Greek Myths? Stories that attempt to explain the existence of man like all religious stories. Therefore myths are stories. They could easily be told to us by Elsa. The StoryTeller was supposed to be placed into an ST house in 06, but things fell through and we did not get our eighth house till 08. Elsa could easily be the one who brings this house about. It does bring a new element to her.

I apologize for not being able to reveal why I believe this next theory, but….

Second house in SS23 could very well be a Scarepy style house, which of course brings the possibility of Jack once again participating in it.

SS22 is still a mystery.

With the information received recently about the Disaster house, there is speculation that this house could be Scarepy. The description of the facade does not bring to mind an asylum though. Ladders on the outside of a building make me think of an industrial warehouse.

Carnie, Mechanic, 1980s style van…could A&D attempt to converge Eddie’s two storylines. Edgar Sawyer lived in a trailer park on the 1980s. Eddie Schmidt was carnival folk like his brother. It would not be odd to see an industrial complex filled with Carnies and Ride Mechanics, all of whom work for Eddie of course.

Jaws que is the hardest house for me. After the last two years of placing the house with the largest GP pull in this location, I have to wonder if Uni will once again place their “most Important” house here.

Since I am not privy to some information, I must continue my suspicions that this will be the Icon House. Not Morpheus though. Can you imagine the confusion the name Morpheus would cause? Hypnos or Phobetor? Hypnos is the sandman and better known, but Phobetor is the god of nightmares. Hmmm..I must wait and see.

The Parade Building will be the HHN History house.

Tent 1 is interesting. We have a museum, a doctor and a mummified girl. We have two doctors that we have seen at the event. Dr. Mary Agana and Dr. Albert Caine.

Dr. Caine seems to be from the Victorian Era, and appears to have had some money. Have you heard of Cabinets of Curiosities? I would not be surprised if Dr. Caine had his own collection. It would be a different approach to his character.

Tent 2 my personal favorite since it housed the most terrifying HHN house in my experience. No movie houses yet nothing is ever new under the sun. HFTH was a house that was inspired by Black Christmas, but of course used original concepts. Unlike IT which paid homage to the movie Event Horizon, HFTH gained its own identity separate from the movie.

Splice is not an original concept. Think of The Island of Dr. Moreau. The Dows will have shaved heads. Interestingly enough, the creature from the movie Splice is referred to as a human chimera tying into the myth theme. Gene splicing and manipulating DNA is a very common trend in horror. Not to mention a trend toward Doctors creating human monsters (The Human Centipede). So while the house may not show homage to a movie like IT, it could be a mixture of inspired imagery and ideologies that span the spectrum of movies that lie within a given trend.

It can be done. You know I love to play Devils Advocate.

Greek Mythology House – What are Greek Myths? Stories that attempt to explain the existence of man like all religious stories. Therefore myths are stories. They could easily be told to us by Elsa. The StoryTeller was supposed to be placed into an ST house in 06, but things fell through and we did not get our eighth house till 08. Elsa could easily be the one who brings this house about. It does bring a new element to her.

I apologize for not being able to reveal why I believe this next theory, but….

Second house in SS23 could very well be a Scarepy style house, which of course brings the possibility of Jack once again participating in it.

SS22 is still a mystery.

With the information received recently about the Disaster house, there is speculation that this house could be Scarepy. The description of the facade does not bring to mind an asylum though. Ladders on the outside of a building make me think of an industrial warehouse.

Carnie, Mechanic, 1980s style van…could A&D attempt to converge Eddie’s two storylines. Edgar Sawyer lived in a trailer park on the 1980s. Eddie Schmidt was carnival folk like his brother. It would not be odd to see an industrial complex filled with Carnies and Ride Mechanics, all of whom work for Eddie of course.

Jaws que is the hardest house for me. After the last two years of placing the house with the largest GP pull in this location, I have to wonder if Uni will once again place their “most Important” house here.

Since I am not privy to some information, I must continue my suspicions that this will be the Icon House. Not Morpheus though. Can you imagine the confusion the name Morpheus would cause? Hypnos or Phobetor? Hypnos is the sandman and better known, but Phobetor is the god of nightmares. Hmmm..I must wait and see.

The Parade Building will be the HHN History house.

Tent 1 is interesting. We have a museum, a doctor and a mummified girl. We have two doctors that we have seen at the event. Dr. Mary Agana and Dr. Albert Caine.

Dr. Caine seems to be from the Victorian Era, and appears to have had some money. Have you heard of Cabinets of Curiosities? I would not be surprised if Dr. Caine had his own collection. It would be a different approach to his character.

Tent 2 my personal favorite since it housed the most terrifying HHN house in my experience. No movie houses yet nothing is ever new under the sun. HFTH was a house that was inspired by Black Christmas, but of course used original concepts. Unlike IT which paid homage to the movie Event Horizon, HFTH gained its own identity separate from the movie.

Splice is not an original concept. Think of The Island of Dr. Moreau. The Dows will have shaved heads. Interestingly enough, the creature from the movie Splice is referred to as a human chimera tying into the myth theme. Gene splicing and manipulating DNA is a very common trend in horror. Not to mention a trend toward Doctors creating human monsters (The Human Centipede). So while the house may not show homage to a movie like IT, it could be a mixture of inspired imagery and ideologies that span the spectrum of movies that lie within a given trend.

good ideas on quite a few fronts and some dead on...

Heather is a smart cookie

I was just thinking about that site for a while now, do you think that it may somehow hold a vague clue about 2010's scarezones? Maybe in the form of the LT's research data under the Classified files?

LegendaryTruth might be coming back this year, that much we may know. This is a part of the three-year arc of the HHN story, so storywise.. could LT have been planning their future investigations beyond the Dr. Agana case, somehow? Looking at the research data.... there are the first and last letters used in the titles of each scarezone presented in 2008:

AGL3 = American Gothic

AWL1 = Asylum in Wonderland

BML2 = Bloody Mary (the, uh, archway video I would guess to be included and counted as a part of the investigation, as well as the RoF maze)

FTL1 = Fractured Tales

PWL1 = Path of the Wicked

SBL3 = Streets of Blood

TSL1 = The Skoolhouse

Now... there are 7 other cases still Classified. Last year, I was thinking that this would act as a hint toward 2009's arrangement, but seeing the titles I saw no connection I had discredited that personal theory. The numbers.. I'm not completely sure of what they went off of, but they could be related to the TCE scale provided under alerts. Originally I was thinking they correlated to the scarezone's particular location in the park, in thirds, after all.... Reflections of Fear was in the back of the park, in a lonely third of the area. Skoolhouse, Path of the Wicked, Fractured Tales, and Asylum in Wonderland being in another third, while Streets of Blood and American Gothic being in the final third.

AHL2

AIL3

CDL2

NYL3

SLL2

SWL1

WML2

AH, AI, CD, NY, SL, SW, and WM... could they stand for the scarezone, and newly arranged zone? There were seven files for 2008, and there were seven case files yet to be revealed. Four files for L2, two for L3, and one for L1... very much like the arrangement of 2008's..

What do you think?

AHL2

AIL3

CDL2

NYL3

SLL2

SWL1

WML2

AH, AI, CD, NY, SL, SW, and WM... could they stand for the scarezone, and newly arranged zone? There were seven files for 2008, and there were seven case files yet to be revealed. Four files for L2, two for L3, and one for L1... very much like the arrangement of 2008's..

What do you think?

During the conference call with TJ at the end of the game in 08, it was confirmed that these cases were nothing more than window dressing. They were there to add to the experience, but were not clues. TJ also confirmed that we had guessed the majority of them right. He never said which ones were right. Going by pure memory, here is the list we came up with:

AHL2 - Amityville Horror

AIL3 - Alcatraz Island

CDL2 - Charleston Dungeon

NYL3 - The 13 Curves

SLL2 - St. Louis Cemetery

SWL1 - Salem Witch Trials

WML2 - Winchester Mystery House

All of the hauntings occur in the zip code that is provided as the case number.

11701 - Amityville, NY

94129 - San Francisco, CA

29401 - Charleston, SC

13215 - Syracuse, NY

70119 - New Orleans, LA

01970 - Salem, MA

95128 - San Jose, CA

32819 is the zip code for Universal Orlando.

ok, here's some speculation that could completely blow your mind.....or just make you hate me. Either way.....

WHAT IF Everything that we've seen on the web site, all of the "code names" that we've been given, all of the permit info that we've seen, MAYBE even the lantern itself (GASP)....

What if ALL of it is just to throw us off and just a set up to take us all by surprise.

Think about it. There's been some pretty wild things said about this year and it's kinda been all over the map. From the greek mythology, to a reunion year.

From using new houses, re-hashing old ones, movies, no movies, movie based houses, etc., etc., etc.

Don't you think it's weird that we haven't really been able to nail down a solid theme or even an idea of what it might be? By this time last year, I believe we at least

knew that we'd be seeing Chucky, Wolfy, and Saw, possibly even more.

WHAT IF (hold on folks) they don't even finish filling in all of the information on the website that we have now?

WHAT IF we wake up one morning, and we have a completely different site....full of information (this year's theme, new icon, games maybe? like the COC site)

along with the beginning of this year's Legendary Truth site. THAT would be epic and unpresidented.

Just a thought to keep us going until we get the actual update. Crucify if you must.

Edited by HHNfaninIA

I wonder if that could mean we get the wwe undertaker house from Hollywood? ha ha just kidding it does sound like the house has some potential though. It has everything my wife is afraid of that makes it funner for me.

Funny thing is he's taking a break from the WWE now. So maybe...

Disaster's facade is being worked on, and it has two fixed ladders on either side. Not ladders being used for construction, but actually part of the facade. A grey and black color scheme (the same color scheme around the garage door in the house)

I've heard it looks more like a mental asylum than a mechanic's shop, which is what is being speculated. The facade seems to be positioned at the same spot at the Doomsday facade. As for the inside of the house, wallpaper is already being put up and there's a door in there with writing, but the person who saw it, couldn't quite make it out.

They don't like the speculatin' in the construction thread so I'm responding to this here. Why would there be ladders fixed on the front of a mental hospital? To make it easier for the inmates to escape? <that was sarcasm.

Fixed ladders on the outside of a building makes me think of a Fire Station.

Edited by Dr. Jimmy

HHN rumors updated today with a new marketing image and this photo:

bm_small.jpg

the person said they saw it in the parade building and they said that the parade building is definatelly a museum of horror type house, like a re-hash of silver screams. of course the person could not have known this unless they trespassed and im not gonna prove him wrong by doing that lol, the photo to me looks like fan art but who knows maybe this guy is legit.

Edited by jackisbackandthatsafact

From HHNRoumors

hhnxx.png

The image above was sent in by anonymous. It's an official image from Uni. The significance of this image is the fact that it uses "HHN" over "Halloween Horror Nights" - Could this be a new marketing effort? Not trying to read too far into it but it does look nice and it's still sticking with the Twenty Years of Fear slogan.

I dont know that i've ever seen them use HHN, though i like the way it looks.

As for that possible bloody mary pic, i suppose it could be real. the talk about what the house could be like seems plausible at least

Edited by MrBungle

HHN rumors updated today with a new marketing image and this photo:

bm_small.jpg

the person said they saw it in the parade building and they said that the parade building is definatelly a museum of horror type house, like a re-hash of silver screams. of course the person could not have known this unless they trespassed and im not gonna prove him wrong by doing that lol, the photo to me looks like fan art but who knows maybe this guy is legit.

Looks to me like a child's drawing...

Its clearly a picture of Bloody Mary that was drawn by Cindy, after she said the name 3 times in the mirror. Just saying, though i could be wrong. haha

I've been saying that house will be a museum or as i said, best of house. similar to how hollywood is going to be set up, it just seems to fit with the roles people are being cast for in that house.