HHN XX Speculation II

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe scream 4 is miramax films so for them to do a scream house they would prob have to get the rights but i think it would be pretty cool for a future hhn house

I think Miramax is still owned by Disney (the Weinsteins sold it and have been working as the Weinstein Company, though there was talk of them trying to buy back the miramax name) so that is even less likely.

When did they sell it? Cuz like I said before Ghostface from Scream was there during the Sweet 16 celebration. However, if they've sold it since then it's defiiiiinitely not likely we'll see him again any time soon xD Man...Disney owns Scream. Go figure LOL

Well the movies in both All Nite Die In houses were not properly attained. They didn't buy rights for them and for legal reasons never advertised it as Scream or The Ring, etc. Even the New Line Trio were not official in 2003 - that didn't happen until 2007.

And with legal reasons and douche bag Hollywood studios, I think it's always best for creative to do their own thing. Even with The Wolfman, a Universal property, they had to stick to scenes from the movie which was a limiting factor to creative's output.

Edited by Chop Top

I'd actually like for the creative team to keep the movie tie-ins and what have you to a minimum. Part of why I like going to the event is seeing all the neat ideas they can come up with to scare me, and I tend to enjoy an entirely original angle over and movie-inspired one. Unless of course they should ever decide to bring The Thing back, because I still kick myself for missing that one.

Something to remember with the whole Greek thing. Last year when the role names were given out for Frankenstein, they were also given the wrong SS number, thus created alot of speculation on a sorority house. Could the greek names be of the same manner?

Something i really liked about 18 that i feel is happening this year, the SZ's are being tied in with the houses. Though it may only happen for some, i suppose even if any at all. I like the idea of seeing the similar settings in the streets.

I don't mind houses and scarezones being related in some fashion, but they need to be unique. I didn't like seeing several different versions of the same characters in 2008. It broke the illusion for me and felt monotonous. The houses and streets could share basic concepts, but they shouldn't share characters.

Well... there is Nightmare. He hasn't been used since 2002.

He was also used in 2003 and 2006.

Edited by Nightshade

There won't be a Die In type house this year. We had that last year with Silver Screams. I also highly doubt they'd do a whole house based off Freddy and not have the rights. It would be rather cheesy, and people would wonder why they didn't just call it Nightmare On Elms Street. I have a strong feeling that we won't be seeing many movie characters or houses. I agree that we might have a housed Based off of the crazies, but even then The Crazies is already a simple idea and could easily be changed a bit. It's not specific like NoES.

UO would have to pay a lot of money to regain the rights to use NOES again, but I doubt it because they are not doing any movie houses. It seems like all houses this year are all going to be original and not going to be using re-hashed ideas.

Well... there is Nightmare. He hasn't been used since 2002.

I never said there would be a noes house, I said that part of the house could have to do with noes. I am just using the clues we have to go on. I for one would like it if they didn't have any houses that had anything to do with movies. At least movies we have already seen done. As for nightmare the demon I think we will see him for sure since he was featured on the teaser site. At least that is what I am hoping since to me he is one of the coolest characters I have ever seen at hhn and is currently the background on my desktop.

Hey Guys! I'm new to the forums. I love HHN and am glad that I found a forum to talk about all things HHN!

So, I thought I would start my first post off with a discovery/thought. I believe I may have figured out what one of the houses will be for this years Halloween Horror Nights XX. The Thing house.

With The Thing (movie) being released in early 2011, I have no doubt that this house, first seen at HHN XVII: Carnival of Carnage in 2007, will reappear this year. It will most likely be called The Thing: Resurrected – or something along those lines (as seen with previous repeat houses such as Scream House: Resurrected seen at HHN Sweet 16). The Thing house was also brought up in previous event clippings seen on the new teaser website for HHN XX, so I really believe that this could be one of the featured houses this year! I know there has been some rumors that there won't be any movie houses this year, but I really think even if it doesn't show up as a house, I'm sure we'll see it incorporated somewhere.

I wrote a long blog post about why I believe this house will appear at this year's HHN on my blog, so if you want to read the entire article you can check it out here.

Otherwise, what do you think about it? Do you think this could be a possibility or not likely? Interested in what you guys think!

I greatly doubt it.

From what I've heard, this year is supposed to be essentially retiring the past 20 years and moving on to new ideas. Since they've already had a Thing house, they won't be as willing to make a repeat.

While I won't get into the specifics for privacy reasons, a certain team member that was a huge film fan and responsible for the influx of movie-based houses in the past four years has left Universal, and the current team in charge is much more partial to original years.

I greatly doubt it.

From what I've heard, this year is supposed to be essentially retiring the past 20 years and moving on to new ideas. Since they've already had a Thing house, they won't be as willing to make a repeat.

While I won't get into the specifics for privacy reasons, a certain team member that was a huge film fan and responsible for the influx of movie-based houses in the past four years has left Universal, and the current team in charge is much more partial to original years.

He wasn't single handedly responsible...there were many other factors that went into deciding whether or not to do movie houses. Also, I know for a fact that the Thing was Aiello's baby...because he told me so. So, it's not impossible...improbable, but not impossible...VERY improbable...

Think beyond films for your ideas. Trust me, almost everything that you see this year will be original.

Yes but if we have some characters (i.e. Mary Shaw and Chucky) in a street they may also use some movie characters in a house. So movie speculation isnt outta place.

Although I am totally all for a complete year devoid of movie anything haha

Is it wrong that despite the fact we probably won't see any film tie ins for the houses this year, that a little part of me deep down would still like to see Michael Myers pop up in some way ,shape or form?

A girl can dream right?! ;)

So I have a theory about this yr and of course take this with a grain of salt...

So in 2008 we were introduce to Bloody Mary but also LT and Cary, Ohio.. At the time we didnt know what was so special about Cary, Ohio.. All we knew it was home to BM, BM abandon office, and LT home office. Well then in 2009 we learn more about Cary, Ohio from JMR. He said it was there Castle Rock but he really didnt go into much details beyond that.. So moving towards the event we saw that Pump Station #19, UPT, and Meetz Meats where all in Cary, Ohio.

Now lets fastfoward to HHN 20...

What if this yr we explore more of Cary, Ohio and we get to the root of the horror. We can do that thru LT of course.

Something to remember with the whole Greek thing. Last year when the role names were given out for Frankenstein, they were also given the wrong SS number, thus created alot of speculation on a sorority house. Could the greek names be of the same manner?

Someone brought up a good point? No. Those other 12 pages are speculation gold.

Anyways... the answer is yes. Personally I don't take what A&T does pre-season at face value. I did think this whole annoying Greek thing was code but due to recent casting I could be wrong. So who knows what art and design is really up to. I just don't see them making the same mistakes they've made in the past.

Edited by NightlifeMike

If the house name was "Greek" - that could be code for anything! But if you've ever seen HHN blueprints, you know the house will have a code name but the scenes were never in code. And since we only have a select few scenes that were leaked, I'm going to assume they are straight forward.

Edited by Chop Top

Is it wrong that despite the fact we probably won't see any film tie ins for the houses this year, that a little part of me deep down would still like to see Michael Myers pop up in some way ,shape or form?

A girl can dream right?! ;)

ahhhh, Hush, I am right there dreaming with you... :(

I would kill for a Michael Myers house, I think it would be my favorite house, I just think is so unfair that all of the other horror icons got a nice treatment, with houses in 07, But all Michael gets is being made fun of in the Bill and Ted show, they made fun of him two years in a row... :mellow:

Edited by black7mask

So I have a theory about this yr and of course take this with a grain of salt...

So in 2008 we were introduce to Bloody Mary but also LT and Cary, Ohio.. At the time we didnt know what was so special about Cary, Ohio.. All we knew it was home to BM, BM abandon office, and LT home office. Well then in 2009 we learn more about Cary, Ohio from JMR. He said it was there Castle Rock but he really didnt go into much details beyond that.. So moving towards the event we saw that Pump Station #19, UPT, and Meetz Meats where all in Cary, Ohio.

Now lets fastfoward to HHN 20...

What if this yr we explore more of Cary, Ohio and we get to the root of the horror. We can do that thru LT of course.

Since it was said that Reflections of Fear, Ripped from the Silver Screen and XX were a trilogy of sorts and Cary has been mentioned in the first two as you said. I say that's a pretty fine bet Doc.