HHN XX Speculation II

Welcome to the next round of HHN XX Speculation.

This version will be HEAVILY moderated and controlled, so please read and think before you post. We encourage using the search function if you don't want to read all the pages before.

Speculate on anything related to the latest update, and things we know. Try to keep the "I wish or I want" type of posts to a minimum. Keep it mature and fun. Thanks.

The original speculation thread can be found HERE.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well isn't it weird that the "teaser" still needs to continue on updating itself and who knows when that will be fully updated so either this site will be faster updating because it's not the actual website or maybe it is...

The only thing we got new is pictures and the lantern with a small writing next to it which is not that helpful unlike the past first updates. Because we most likely knew about this event involves the old shaping the new which describes the lantern.

If it was the actual website I want the three tabs that are left to be more than rehash information most fans been known like for the characters tab I wish to know more about the old characters that can be useful information about this year's event or questions that were unanswered in the past or even what have they been up to that paves the way of the central story of this year because i don't believe the characters tab will have "new characters" but maybe morphed characters that we once knew. And for the environments tab something that links both old past years of HHN to this year. With the behind the Screams I wish that they don't use the old footage from past years and have new footage of this year that hints at stuff as well. But most of these ideas are based on if this website is the actual website but if it's not then make it more entertaining not just Name:Jack Occupation:Evil Clown Years: HHN X HHN XI HHN XVI HHN XVII for characters because I don't expect us seeing new "out of the box" original characters but more of the past characters with a twist but characters don't always mean icons and icons only. (originally was for the original speculation thread)

Now that we've got a better look at the lantern, thanks to the email, it strangely reminds me of the Pandorica from Doctor Who. It doesn't really look that much like it at all really, there's just something similar I can't quite put my grasp on.

Of course the Pandorica also had it's roots in Greek mythology, sort of. I musn't say too much as I don't want to spoil things as the episode in question hasn't aired in this country yet.

Just a weird observation.

When I got the email, the thing on the top of the lantern looked a lot to me like an anchor with tentacles. Then again, it also looks like roots of a tree to me.

There's my two cents for the day.

I thought the same thing at first, then i realized it was just a handle.

i saw that and thought tentacles which made me think cthulu? lol also would the charracters page be our characters for this year. and also the enviroments theyve never been called that before? but thats our houses and sz for this year. just my thoughts yay or nay?

For my first post on this forum and normally I'd just keep to myself... I have to say I agree with Sinister...in that when I saw the lantern on the site I automatically thought of the ferryman which takes you across the River Styx...I'm pretty anxious to see what else may be in store for us... :wub:

Mummified Corpse - Sprung 1. (had the room Museum Hallway)

New part confirmed.

Hmmm....a museum of antiquities devoted to holding artifacts of Horror Nights' past, perhaps? I know I'm gonna get reamed for this, but this could be a combination of the Museum of Horrors ('98) and Horror Nights Nightmares ('04) houses to give new people a crash course into the history of HHN (much like Horror Comes Home and The Arrival show of '06 did), leaving the rest of park to completely fresh and new mazes.

With all of the information we've been given so far, this years event seems like it's going to be impressive. All of these bits and pieces of information are opening doors to so many possibilities.

I'm hoping the lantern continues through the updates and plays a role in some ways. Imagine an opening show with a character of some sort, leading guests from the gates with a lantern. No that won't happen, but the idea of this entertains me.

I also think it would make a great media gift.

hmmm.

Taking a dive off of the deep end here. But when i first saw the update i first thought of the reunion of course. But then i saw the lantern and i thought hmmmm. And i was thinking that what if the lantern is the light of the event. Like some is carrying the lantern is revisiting all the memories. And this character traveling through the past would be this year icon. But Thats alot of nothing since its 12:57 and all im going off of is a lantern and past knowledge of hhn.

:ninja:

remember uni can make ANYTHING work.

When I saw the lantern, I got a familiar feeling. I don't know why, but it gave me the feeling of HHN 18. Not Bloody marry, but the urban legends part. Maybe that ties into the greek mythology thing everyone was talking about. Also HHN 15, Like the whole seperate world or demension. The underworld maybe?

When I saw the lantern, I got a familiar feeling. I don't know why, but it gave me the feeling of HHN 18. Not Bloody marry, but the urban legends part. Maybe that ties into the greek mythology thing everyone was talking about. Also HHN 15, Like the whole seperate world or demension. The underworld maybe?

Raising past characters from the underworld, perhaps? Or leading us don into Hell to meet them ourselves?

Maybe even going so far as to have different interpretations of the Underworld by different myths and religions. Obviously we have the Greek mythology house to go on and the aspect of Hades' Underworld, but possibly other versions of the 'dark realm' can be implemented, say, Dante's Inferno/Divine Comedy?

I just came up with a thought. Bare with me on this, what if the lantern belongs to someone perhaps. Maybe a gravedigger, who wants to unearth the corpses of the past years' icons, the ones that are dead of course. He then does a seance / ritual to reunite the icons together one last time. I think we could possibly see a sadistic gravedigger as a new mascot to promote the event.

As of right now, the Hollywood Streets is looking to me like a total mindf*ck. No doubt about it. Oh and the fact that there are chainsaws in more than one scarezone is quite upsetting -___-

mmmmm I don't know, I don't see a problem if they had chainsaws in more than one scarezone, HHN always has them,

The only thing I kinda wish sometimes is that they gave the scareactors with chainsaws a mask or something, I don't know, kinda like Eddie, but for all of them, sometimes the red blood paint alone just doesn't do it for me, I also kinda wish they used the stuff that was used for the movie Hostel, the mask and the leather gloves, it would look really cool.

hostel.jpg

I just came up with a thought. Bare with me on this, what if the lantern belongs to someone perhaps. Maybe a gravedigger, who wants to unearth the corpses of the past years' icons, the ones that are dead of course. He then does a seance / ritual to reunite the icons together one last time. I think we could possibly see a sadistic gravedigger as a new mascot to promote the event.

Sounds a little too similar to the Caretaker.

Whoa, so in the shrek area we will be seeing evil mermaid creatures? How are they gunna pull that off..

Also in the "museum" house someone was cast as "doc" how could that tie into it if its going to be a horror nights legacy house.. unless the doctor is really like an excavator (no clue how to spell that) who goes to archealogical sites and discovers mummified corpses and such, and the museum hallway is his hallway of things he has found while exploring tombs.

Edited by DarkFoama

•UPDATE: Bed Clothes - Jaws

I'm assuming someone wearing pajamas. Burnt wood and PJ's.

There is no doubt that Hollywood is going to be a horror throught the years (much like 16):

•Queen Of Hearts, Chainsaw #1,Dead Cheerleader, Mary Shaw, Stilts, Chainsaw #3, Pumpkinhead, Chucky - Hollywood.

So so far, IMO we have a Museum of horror, a greek mythology house, a possible greek mythology sz, and "horror through the years" sz... possibly sprung 2 being a "horror of the past" house as well

not really placing the "burnt wood house":

Fire, bed clothes, elevated celings....

Edited by JWFearman