Killer Klowns From Outer Space

HHN Pro 2

MGM Picturesâ Killer Klowns From Outer Space Has Landed at Halloween Horror Nights

Send in the klowns! The Killer Klowns are returning to Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights in an all-new side-splitting haunted house. The crazed klowns are back to wreak havoc and remind you why you were afraid of clowns in the first place.

Go beyond the mayhem and madness of last year’s wildly popular scare zone and step right up for an entire haunted house experience based on the cult classic film, Killer Klowns from Outer Space. This new experience will feature a gaggle of new characters including the baby Klowns, Boco, and Klownzilla, as well as new scenery like the Klowns’ circus-tent spaceship, and the cotton candy cocoon storage room where they keep their victims.

Throughout the house your sense of fear will be triggered by your sense of smell as you encounter strong whiffs of familiar fairground fare like sweet cotton candy, stale buttery popcorn and ice cream. Don’t be fooled though, these otherwise pleasant aromas are a sign of the murderous gang of klowns that awaits you as you move from scene to scene.

Try to evade them or you’re likely to end up captured in one of their cotton candy cocoons and doomed to a terrible fate. There will be no escaping the big teeth of the Big Top.

I am super excited for Killer Klowns!!! However I was extremely disappointed with the translation of Trick 'r Treat from zone to house so I hope that doesn't happen to KKFOS. But what I am more surprised is how quiet this forum is after a house announcement, it usually blows up after a house announcement. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rikku said:

I am super excited for Killer Klowns!!! However I was extremely disappointed with the translation of Trick 'r Treat from zone to house so I hope that doesn't happen to KKFOS. But what I am more surprised is how quiet this forum is after a house announcement, it usually blows up after a house announcement. 

I was thinking the same thing about it being so quiet. I think part of it could be how long this house was rumored it could have possibly taken some of the initial excitement out of it. On my part I hadn't said any about the announcement because I'm still trying to decide what I think about the potential of this house. A&D is great and can find the potential in any property. I usually look forward to this house, although I have some concerns about this one. The scare zone was fine, it wasn't my favorite last year, but it was good for what it was. I'm concerned about it's translation to a house though. It already felt like a tight fit in Sting Alley, and being moved into a house will feel even tighter. I'm worried if the size of the costumes could negatively affect the house. I'm thinking the scares might have to come from victims more than the klowns themselves. I just feel like this is on the lower end of my anticipation list.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OhHaiInternet95 said:

Is the Shrek theatre really that small? I would think it would be about the size of a sprung tent.

Shrek theater seems plenty big to me (Sprung tent sized feels right).  I remember being impressed with the height they achieved with the Krampus outdoor scene.  

I don't recall enough of KKFOS movie, but beyond an open space for the ship and ice cream truck, I don't know how much space you need.

2 hours ago, kablue said:

I was thinking the same thing about it being so quiet. I think part of it could be how long this house was rumored it could have possibly taken some of the initial excitement out of it. On my part I hadn't said any about the announcement because I'm still trying to decide what I think about the potential of this house. A&D is great and can find the potential in any property. I usually look forward to this house, although I have some concerns about this one. The scare zone was fine, it wasn't my favorite last year, but it was good for what it was. I'm concerned about it's translation to a house though. It already felt like a tight fit in Sting Alley, and being moved into a house will feel even tighter. I'm worried if the size of the costumes could negatively affect the house. I'm thinking the scares might have to come from victims more than the klowns themselves. I just feel like this is on the lower end of my anticipation list.

Absolutely and it is something that kinda makes me nervous as well yet completely excited as they might really have to think outside the box to make the Klown scares effective. HHN scares are all about a quick gesture with sound and the Klown outfits are way to big and cumbersome for rapid movement. I am highly curious as to how the scares will be done. Absolutely they will use some victim scares but the whole house can't be victim scares the Klowns themselves will have to scare at some point.

I’m not the biggest fan of Killer Klowns (the film is garbage), but I think it could be quite a fun and surprising house. A&D usually do a fantastic job and I’m sure this house will be no different. My motto is to at least give everything a go once. If you don’t like it then fine, but you may be pleasantly surprised. 

• Like 2

I think we will be pleasantly surprised by KKFOS. I know people are worried about the sizing of costumes for the scares, but there is a lot of good set design to play around with and i can think of about 7 or 8 'human' characters off the top of my head too. The majority of people did really enjoy the SZ last year and i actually think there are ways they can make it scary, i know a lot of people have referenced Poltergeist, but even if you think back to American Werewolf in London or anything similar the movie wasn't great and there was a lack of characters but they still made it work, trust Universal! 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, LilPetts said:

I think we will be pleasantly surprised by KKFOS. I know people are worried about the sizing of costumes for the scares, but there is a lot of good set design to play around with and i can think of about 7 or 8 'human' characters off the top of my head too. The majority of people did really enjoy the SZ last year and i actually think there are ways they can make it scary, i know a lot of people have referenced Poltergeist, but even if you think back to American Werewolf in London or anything similar the movie wasn't great and there was a lack of characters but they still made it work, trust Universal! 

My thoughts to especially since KKFOS is a passion IP for the team. But yea I agree was surprised at the lukewarm and negative response to KKFOS as I also recalled the scare zone being loved last year, I sure found it to be my highlight from last year, and so was surprised at the response. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rikku said:

My thoughts to especially since KKFOS is a passion IP for the team. But yea I agree was surprised at the lukewarm and negative response to KKFOS as I also recalled the scare zone being loved last year, I sure found it to be my highlight from last year, and so was surprised at the response. 

Me too! I'm really looking forward to it though 

3 minutes ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

Very excited for this house! Absolutely love the film.

I am as well, I was very absent from this place for so long and I had to help update these, this house is truly on my top, I know I'm putting anticipation very high but its one of my favorite cheesy films and the scarezone last year was awesome, I do hope this house comes out on top this year as well. :) 

16 hours ago, HorrorUnearthed said:

its one of my favorite cheesy films and the scarezone last year was awesome, I do hope this house comes out on top this year as well. :) 

That's what is so great about this house, even if it is bad, it will just appear cheesy and great like the film. They've already proven they have the Klowns and some of the set designs locked down. The scares might not be the best but, I can't see how it won't be fun.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, zombieman said:

I just re-watched this on Tubi (GREAT app BTW).  Saw it when I was just a kid.

I had forgotten so much of the movie, and I think this will translate to a potentially great house - but not necessarily in the Shrek location...  I hope I'm wrong.

Went through the same thing last year when the scarezone was announced. All i really remembered was that it scared the hell out of me when i was about 6. Definitely have high hopes for this house. I think the shrek location or any of the other smaller soundstages could work. Since Stranger Things and Ghostbusters are pretty much guaranteed to be in the big soundstages, id orefer to save the other two for original houses.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to Killer Klowns From Outer Space