HHN XX Construction Updates

Exactly. They would never use burnt wood as support structure. It may be a prop though. Or who knows, maybe they just had a fire while cutting the structure lumber and didn't throw it away yet.

Would we have heard about a fire?

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SO I got sick of hearing about this burnt wood and got a picture of it.

34hjonm.jpg

this was the only good shot I got, I'll take a nice side shot(of disaster which form the looks of it is pretty long) when I have my camera and not the crappy one I took this with.

Hmmmm. Evenly though i cant go this year. Im thinking the whole reunion thing is highly possible and seeing that. Burnt wood?? hmm im guessing another people under the stairs?

Hmmmm. Evenly though i cant go this year. Im thinking the whole reunion thing is highly possible and seeing that. Burnt wood?? hmm im guessing another people under the stairs?

What would burnt wood have to do with People Under the Stairs?

people under the stairs was supposed to be like a house in construction or something so they think the burnt wood would be for that, that is a good observation but that house coming back this year seems very unlikely.

How does a house under construction relate to burnt wood? When houses are built in your neighborhood do they burn the wood before they put it up?

In the 2006 crap fest People Under the Stairs: Under Construction there was no burnt wood.

Edited by NightlifeMike

I pestered my hubby into looking at the pics of burnt wood (he works with wood and is in the construction field)....

First and foremost, if there was a small fire, the wood would not be burnt in select places. Fire rises, if it was not a designed burn, then you would not see an area of burnt wood. Three boards with very random spots of burning? The only way it could have burnt in a pattern like that is if it was held over a fire sideways or a torch was used. The middle piece was most likely held over a fire.

Secondly, 2x4s cost $2 or $3 dollars. If these pieces of wood were burnt in a fire Uni could have bought more and not used them in a house. An inspector would never allow these pieces to be used for a structural setting.

These are prop pieces. Or they are waiting for the junk pile.

We will probably see an old burnt down building in the Jaws que.

I pestered my hubby into looking at the pics of burnt wood (he works with wood and is in the construction field)....

First and foremost, if there was a small fire, the wood would not be burnt in select places. Fire rises, if it was not a designed burn, then you would not see an area of burnt wood. Three boards with very random spots of burning? The only way it could have burnt in a pattern like that is if it was held over a fire sideways or a torch was used. The middle piece was most likely held over a fire.

Secondly, 2x4s cost $2 or $3 dollars. If these pieces of wood were burnt in a fire Uni could have bought more and not used them in a house. An inspector would never allow these pieces to be used for a structural setting.

These are prop pieces. Or they are waiting for the junk pile.

We will probably see an old burnt down building in the Jaws que.

They will most likely be wall/ceiling cladding. You're correct that they cannot be structural.

I'll add to the above post.

If you want to go into speculating on the house, theme, etc in detail feel free to post in the Speculation Thread and just add a in reference to (link to the picture here, or just say what picture) in the post.

That way this thread will be an easy read for any construction pictures.

Some of the posts above were moved to Speculation.

I was at Universal for the concerts this past Saturday and I took a few pictures of the Jaws and Disaster queues. It doesn't show too much, but there are two things that I noticed. First, there were clearly two stories of wood built in the Jaws queue (look to the right of the hammerhead shark). It doesn't appear to go very far, but the materials used near the ceiling of the building are definitely the same as the materials on the ground. Maybe, they will put a scareactor on the second story platform. Second, it looks like the mystery van is parked inside a garage and that we will be walking by the side of the van, through a door, and then behind it. Just something little to continue speculating about besides "Oh look at the van!" ;)

-- Voorhees

IMG_6229-03.JPG

IMG_6230-01.JPG

IMG_6232-01.JPG

IMG_6235-01.JPG

IMG_6240-01.JPG

Before we get a dumb ass comment, no they wont be a 2 story house in the JAWS area.. They dont have the room to mirror it nor they have the space for a wheelchair ramp.

However I could be wrong lol but I dont see them building a 2 story house.

*EDIT* Thanks for the pics

Edited by Dr. Raymond Holmes

Perhaps, it's an extreme house?

In all seriousness though, it's probably just something to help the technicians work. Personally, I hate ladders when I'm working, so it would be a lot easier for me to construct temp. stairs then to stand on a ladder all day.

Ive said this before, but now it makes more sense, if you ride jaws right as your leaving the loading docks to the right they have a big sliding door to the barn open where you can see the walls and a set of stairs, I wouldn't be surprised,they've had scare actors above you in jaws queue before and it made for a pretty awesome effect.

was at the park today. another intresting note to add is that the tops of the walls next to the higher walls seen in the pictures are cut rigged and angled ???? and if you ride jaws and look into the open barn door there is another high rise wall just on the north of that one also. so i have seen two walls the same height thats all i could see anything else was simply tresspassing and i like my year pass. so ill stay where i am allowed. just thought id add my little bit of info and share it with you all.

Call me stupid but, couldn't they be just really high walls?

No, there was definitely a platform structure at the base of the upper walls. Also, they didn't extend all the way across the top of the structure. I'm sure that this does not indicate a two-story house, nor was I ever intending to mean this; I believe it is just a platform for a scareactor that will be placed above the maze. I did not notice any jagged edges, nor do I know what this could mean. I'm going back for the Rob Thomas and Counting Crows concerts and will try to take more pictures if anything has changed. And don't worry . . . I would NEVER go where guests are not allowed.

Guys they would never make a 2 story house in the JAWS que of all places. Its a platform for scareactors

I know there have been 2 story houses before, but I don't remember it being there. I do remember the upscare in F13 from 2007; he had a barrel that he would threaten to let go on you (I think) and another Jason would get you from your level. It doesn't look very tall, though, which could mean a scare like the clown puppet from Dead Silence of that year or the zombie in Dead Exposure from 2008. They actually reached down at you and it was very effective.

Mae

No, there was definitely a platform structure at the base of the upper walls. Also, they didn't extend all the way across the top of the structure. I'm sure that this does not indicate a two-story house, nor was I ever intending to mean this; I believe it is just a platform for a scareactor that will be placed above the maze. I did not notice any jagged edges, nor do I know what this could mean. I'm going back for the Rob Thomas and Counting Crows concerts and will try to take more pictures if anything has changed. And don't worry . . . I would NEVER go where guests are not allowed.

whenever you are back look left of the platform on the top part of the walls they have built not the tall ones just the regular size walls it is cut differently on every section almost to give it a run down falling apart look almost. now that is my speculation and so is this if there was any type of fire scene/ house at all that would make sense to have the walls jagged at the top with some sections missing this is just my speculation i thought it could have made sense.