HHN XX Jobs & Auditions

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to audition this year, but working it is another story because I never know what my work schedule is going to be like. But I plan on auditioning for the fun of it, and my friend wants to audition with someone.

I'm going to audition this year, but working it is another story because I never know what my work schedule is going to be like. But I plan on auditioning for the fun of it, and my friend wants to audition with someone.

thats cool and all, but make sure your honest with your schedule...you might take a role over someone else who has the actual availability to work. then you come back and say, oh sorry my schedule just wont let me do this...then thats more leg work for Uni...

so, dont do it just for the fun of it...but also cuz you can.

DO NOT TOUCH THE TABLE!

The answer to this is probably incredibly obvious, but, sometimes I am just that shallow?

I researched advice for auditions on here and also other sites. And "Don't touch the table!" came up so much! Why is that?

What exactly is so horrible about touching the table?

...is it because they have lists and pictures of what they are looking for? And those things aren't to be released yet?

The answer to this is probably incredibly obvious, but, sometimes I am just that shallow?

I researched advice for auditions on here and also other sites. And "Don't touch the table!" came up so much! Why is that?

What exactly is so horrible about touching the table?

...is it because they have lists and pictures of what they are looking for? And those things aren't to be released yet?

they give you very specific instructions. Not touching the table is one of them. I think it's so they can ensure you can actually LISTEN to instructions; instructions as simple as NOT touching a table....and man, you'd be surprised how hard it is for some people to simply listen.

they give you very specific instructions. Not touching the table is one of them. I think it's so they can ensure you can actually LISTEN to instructions; instructions as simple as NOT touching a table....and man, you'd be surprised how hard it is for some people to simply listen.

Yeah, see, that makes sooooo much sense, yet it didn't even go through my head. But when it comes to HHN I personally think a majority of us tend to over think and miss the blatant.

Thanks!

To all the returning and internals, Break a leg on Tuesday, but please save a spot for me, I will not be able to audition till the first open audition. Gonna miss the visits with all the vets that I have become friends with over the years.

And any first timers, If you want to meet at Uni at the first open, let me know, Dreamstalker and I will be at the park early that day

To all the returning and internals, Break a leg on Tuesday, but please save a spot for me, I will not be able to audition till the first open audition. Gonna miss the visits with all the vets that I have become friends with over the years.

And any first timers, If you want to meet at Uni at the first open, let me know, Dreamstalker and I will be at the park early that day

Thanks C_D! I'm hoping not to fall flat on my face! :o

You guys by far have given the best perspective as to what to expect. I for one have never done the process before so you guys answered a lot of questions that I had. So Thanks :)

Not a problem! :) As with C_D, just want to again wish everyone good luck and have fun!

A bottle of water and maybe snacks. The audition website says bring a head shot, but don't worry about that. Dress comfortably, wear comfy shoes, have fun, relax, and don't worry about it too much. I plan to be there fairly early so I can get in and done fast.

Team members, please remember that right now, if you are arriving between 1 and 3, you must park in the overflow lot. The information is on our TM website. This is for reunion and internal auditions only. Everyone else, you may park in applicant parking, or wherever you can find a space.

I'd also like to add: you're still auditioning for a job, an amazingly awesome job, but still a job. There will be people who are looking at you who pretty high up on the Universal Entertainment ladder. Don't act unprofessional or dress like you just woke up. I personally will show up in jeans and probably a shirt & tie. There're some people who will come in shorts and a nice t-shirt, which I find still totally acceptable given the job requirements.

oh, and please take a shower before you show up. ;)

Ok so i have been reading everything, because im super nervous, first time auditioner. I plan to only request one day off for family to see HHN and me with them, I plan on jeans and a button up shirt? and i plan on bringing a resume? and i plan on getting to the door no later than 2 for a 6 O'clock audition? i know this is worded wierd, im just confirming those three, if not let me know which changes to make, once again super nervouse about audition but this is my dream so its understandable ha.

I'd also like to add: you're still auditioning for a job, an amazingly awesome job, but still a job. There will be people who are looking at you who pretty high up on the Universal Entertainment ladder. Don't act unprofessional or dress like you just woke up. I personally will show up in jeans and probably a shirt & tie. There're some people who will come in shorts and a nice t-shirt, which I find still totally acceptable given the job requirements.

oh, and please take a shower before you show up. ;)

Aint no way in hell im waiting 4 hours in Jeans. Especially in this heat we have been having.

Ok so i have been reading everything, because im super nervous, first time auditioner. I plan to only request one day off for family to see HHN and me with them, I plan on jeans and a button up shirt? and i plan on bringing a resume? and i plan on getting to the door no later than 2 for a 6 O'clock audition? i know this is worded wierd, im just confirming those three, if not let me know which changes to make, once again super nervouse about audition but this is my dream so its understandable ha.

wow, your getting a little intense with this. last year i wore shorts with a tshirt, and this year i plan to do the same. if your gonna show up that early, your going to be so uncomfortable in pants and button up shirt.

you dont need a resume, or anything else for that matter, because they provide the pen and paperwork to be filled out, so just know your schedule.

all you need are clothes, just be yourself/comfortable. doesn't matter how early or late you show up, showing up at 2 only means you'll get home earlier...it doesn't mean the process will be shorter.

yes, this is a job. though its also has very little to do with what you look like, but rather your body. have fun with this, dont turn it into something it isnt.

wow, your getting a little intense with this. last year i wore shorts with a tshirt, and this year i plan to do the same. if your gonna show up that early, your going to be so uncomfortable in pants and button up shirt.

you dont need a resume, or anything else for that matter, because they provide the pen and paperwork to be filled out, so just know your schedule.

all you need are clothes, just be yourself/comfortable. doesn't matter how early or late you show up, showing up at 2 only means you'll get home earlier...it doesn't mean the process will be shorter.

yes, this is a job. though its also has very little to do with what you look like, but rather your body. have fun with this, dont turn it into something it isnt.

Haha i know I know but this is something I'm passionate about and it's my dream so I think you can understan why I want it to be perfect. I will chang to shorts and a tshirt and thanks for the other tips. So showing up way early won't better your chances for a job because if you show up near audition time then they could have already caster someone in the part you could have gotten had you of been in before them right? That wAs somehig I read here and on other tip places about auditions. Otherwise I think I'm ready, ready for any question they ask they only thing that's unpredictable for me is if they ask todemonstrate scare tactic, maybe I'll reenact CD last year when he scared he frack outta me, stupid bride distraction!

Haha i know I know but this is something I'm passionate about and it's my dream so I think you can understan why I want it to be perfect. I will chang to shorts and a tshirt and thanks for the other tips. So showing up way early won't better your chances for a job because if you show up near audition time then they could have already caster someone in the part you could have gotten had you of been in before them right? That wAs somehig I read here and on other tip places about auditions. Otherwise I think I'm ready, ready for any question they ask they only thing that's unpredictable for me is if they ask todemonstrate scare tactic, maybe I'll reenact CD last year when he scared he frack outta me, stupid bride distraction!

when it comes to being passionate, im no less passionate than you. i'd say i know more passionate, but to each their own.

when its comes to being seen before other people, absolutely it can better your chances to secure a role. though there have been returning SA's that have been told no multiple times, and by the last audition they went to ended up securing a role that was very commercialized. so for myself, sure i wanna be there early tuesday, though half the reason is just to see everyone again.

if your asked to perform some scare tactic, honestly just be yourself. do whats natural/comfortable to you. just because bryan(cd) did something, doesn't mean you will be scary doing the same thing. you've got girls 4'7 who can use their height to their advantage, or people who have the most absurdly loud voices. so from a snarl to a creepy body movement, just be you and be outgoing.

right now your just over thinking everything, but really it doesn't have to be that way. i did the same thing my first year, and afterwords was just like, damn. that was painless and easy.

if you get cast, your excitement will change in spurts. initially its, omfg yes! im gonna really being doing this. then its filling out the application work, getting your id, signing up for orientation. (which by the way, like "dont touch the table!", dont fall asleep.) after finishing your app work and what not. now the favorite line comes into play, "hurry up and wait." you wait, for up to the time you show up to orientation to find out what role you've been cast for, this can take weeks! though what you find out is only a codename giving you a very vague idea of what you may be. but you know your zone/cast/character. oh what a relief it is.

sorry for the rant, could talk about it all day. there are just so many exciting steps/phases of this...from auditions to rehearsals where you meet your cast, and actually working!

get pumped for tuesday!!

Edited by mrbungle5223

yeah good luck for everyone tomorrow.

But on a side note

i find it funny how everyone keeps saying "Dont touch the tables"

and when i was auditioning last year someone in my group actually did it

and i was like huh so they actually do touch the tables hahaha

when it comes to being passionate, im no less passionate than you. i'd say i know more passionate, but to each their own.

when its comes to being seen before other people, absolutely it can better your chances to secure a role. though there have been returning SA's that have been told no multiple times, and by the last audition they went to ended up securing a role that was very commercialized. so for myself, sure i wanna be there early tuesday, though half the reason is just to see everyone again.

if your asked to perform some scare tactic, honestly just be yourself. do whats natural/comfortable to you. just because bryan(cd) did something, doesn't mean you will be scary doing the same thing. you've got girls 4'7 who can use their height to their advantage, or people who have the most absurdly loud voices. so from a snarl to a creepy body movement, just be you and be outgoing.

right now your just over thinking everything, but really it doesn't have to be that way. i did the same thing my first year, and afterwords was just like, damn. that was painless and easy.

if you get cast, your excitement will change in spurts. initially its, omfg yes! im gonna really being doing this. then its filling out the application work, getting your id, signing up for orientation. (which by the way, like "dont touch the table!", dont fall asleep.) after finishing your app work and what not. now the favorite line comes into play, "hurry up and wait." you wait, for up to the time you show up to orientation to find out what role you've been cast for, this can take weeks! though what you find out is only a codename giving you a very vague idea of what you may be. but you know your zone/cast/character. oh what a relief it is.

sorry for the rant, could talk about it all day. there are just so many exciting steps/phases of this...from auditions to rehearsals where you meet your cast, and actually working!

get pumped for tuesday!!

Yea I should have worded that better, I wasn't trying to say I'm more passionate, that's impossible being I've never had the job, I was saying that you can understand my passion because you posses it also. But thanks so much for your help and I know I'm over thinking it because i always do that haha even with HHN speulation themes. I have injected all I can into my brain in prep for this audition so I think I'm ready an and if your auditioning tmrw good luck and I hope to join yalls fantasic cast!!