Halloween Horror Nights 2023 Speculation

On 12/5/2022 at 2:13 PM, HHNGuy27 said:

I don't fear HHN ever going family-friendly. Yes, I do want the event to be mostly edgy/R-rated/teenage and adult-oriented/gory. I want the event to have all of that. But with all the horror and goriness, I want something that's light-hearted and different. Something that is almost like a break from the horror. That's where Ghostbusters, Killer Klowns, Beetlejuice, Scooby-Doo, Casper, Munsters, Addams Family, and Gremlins come into play. 

Yeah, I get Grinch will NEVER happen. I really don't appreciate some people telling me why it's never gonna happen. Like, I'm very aware as to why it won't happen lol and I know I'll never get the Grinch.

Gremlins has been talked about for years. Eventually, it'll happen. 

I know the people at IU are not gonna believe me, but Universal did try to get Scooby-Doo for this year. Murdy has already stated multiple times that he'd love to do a Scooby-Doo house.

I would pay to see a Gremlins House

• Like 1

So Murdy replied to someone on Twitter saying that if they're able to keep the current line-up it's going to be a stellar year. That makes me excited, but I think I need to realize that 1 or 2 IPs will be Hollywood exclusives. But maybe Orlando will get an exclusive or two as well. 

• Like 1

Well, I was kind of right about some of the tents staying up lol. The two Curious George tents are still standing. Scarecrow has been completely demoed and Halloween is almost gone. The Legends Collide and KKFOS tents are no loner up, but where LC stood looks likes it's getting prepared for construction. 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I’ve been hearing the Castle Theatre is gone now. Waterworld is the only venue left with high capacity, but I don’t think they would touch it for some reason due to logistical issues and they always have used a certain amount of house space in that area. I’m starting to have a feeling It won’t this year unless they could bring in some performers for guests to experience while lining up in the queues before they officially hit the houses. On the other hand, It’d would cause issues the other way around like if it were a sticky situation. 

Parisian, the KKFOS location, and Soundstage 29 are rumored to not be used this year as well.

That leaves:

TWD Attraction

Curious George Tent 1

Curious George Tent 2

Mummy Queue

2 houses are supposed to be in Soundstages this year. They could also just bite the bullet and use the Jurassic World Extended Queue or even the Tram Garage area.

• 1 month later...

Recently checked out this year’s speculation map for Hollywood, and I totally find it interesting that there are slightly more original concepts than before with the inclusion of Japanese Creatures, Invasion, Nightingales, and Hollywood Harry. The Exorcist could come back again as an exclusive for the movie’s 50th anniversary, and It’s one of Murdy’s favorites too.

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

What If Hollywood brings back Jack to give him a reintroduction over there? They hadn’t used any of the icons in years, and with Horror Unleashed coming at Vegas, they might wanna promote to cement him and the others further as mascots. He’s marketable enough to sale tickets and merch, but they could do a house mash up with him and Harry if Murdy sees some potential between the two. 

1 hour ago, Fear2010 said:

What If Hollywood brings back Jack to give him a reintroduction over there? They hadn’t used any of the icons in years, and with Horror Unleashed coming at Vegas, they might wanna promote to cement him and the others further as mascots. He’s marketable enough to sale tickets and merch, but they could do a house mash up with him and Harry if Murdy sees some potential between the two. 

Murdy doesn’t really like Jack if I recall. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1