Halloween Horror Nights 2023 Speculation

My guess is Posca. It's a 2,000-year-old Roman beverage that is made by mixing Wine Vinegar and Water.

That could point to this Original house being set around Ancient Rome, which could connect to Nightingales: Blood Pit. This year, Hollywood featured their version of a popular Original from Orlando and it wouldn't surprise me if that's the case here.

The part about the spinal cord and vertebral column is a mystery, but if we stay on the theme of Orlando OG's being transferred to Hollywood, it could point to Body Collectors. 

It could just be a brand new Original that just happens to be set in Ancient Rome. I am fairly certain I'm WAY off on this, but it's still fun to think about.

Edited by HHNGuy27

Would love to see John create his own original icons for Hollywood in a similar scale as Bone and the Pumpkin Lord. The only problem is he hates the idea of it for marketing reasons and he is so close to the entertainment industry as a whole, which is how the IP era started at Orlando as one of the causes even though the IP’s are technically the Icons. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Psycho_Bates said:

Well technically Dead Exposure was supposed to be in 2021, but you know Pandemic and all.

Dead Exposure was planned for 2020 and, as you mentioned, the pandemic happened. I'm sure that house is sitting up on Murdy's shelf, but he probably won't revisit it for quite some time.

They actually done an Asylum-themed house at the event’s revival year that shares similarities with Psycoscareapy. Do you guys think they could do a reboot of that house under that name and house franchise? Though this would mean John would have to bring back Jack, but he doesn’t have to be an icon again like before over there. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1

Recently read this article. Mancini wants a Chucky and Freddy Krueger crossover, but his character is connected to the Monsters. 

https://www.usanetwork.com/usa-insider/chucky-m3gan-crossover-horror-villains-don-mancini?cid=__x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_syfywire&utm_source=&utm_medium=&utm_campaign=x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x_x&utm_term=syfywire

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 2

Have said this before on Inside Universal, but I do wanna say it here too. I just find it so funny how everyone in the fan community used to complain about Ghostbusters and Beetlejuice for being too kid-friendly to be at the event like everything has to be all edgy and R-Rated yet they’ve changed their minds  and want certain IP’s to come while some are turning down. For the ones that are under the “Family” umbrella, I think the Munsters (TV series) and the Addams Family (Not the Netflix series) sounds not only very likely to me the most, but also a must. Both of them do have a pretty good shot in the future years from now. 

I get that the Grinch will never happen cause it goes against the Seuss family and their estate, but that was only mentioned for the laughs and the “WTF” factor, since The Mean One made headlines on the Internet. Gremlins does have some potential, but I’m wondering how much WB could get it very well. Scooby does sounds like a fun idea, but the controversies of the Velma series probably made Comcast/Universal walk a few steps back. 

Edited by Fear2010
  • Like 1

I don't fear HHN ever going family-friendly. Yes, I do want the event to be mostly edgy/R-rated/teenage and adult-oriented/gory. I want the event to have all of that. But with all the horror and goriness, I want something that's light-hearted and different. Something that is almost like a break from the horror. That's where Ghostbusters, Killer Klowns, Beetlejuice, Scooby-Doo, Casper, Munsters, Addams Family, and Gremlins come into play. 

Yeah, I get Grinch will NEVER happen. I really don't appreciate some people telling me why it's never gonna happen. Like, I'm very aware as to why it won't happen lol and I know I'll never get the Grinch.

Gremlins has been talked about for years. Eventually, it'll happen. 

I know the people at IU are not gonna believe me, but Universal did try to get Scooby-Doo for this year. Murdy has already stated multiple times that he'd love to do a Scooby-Doo house.

Edited by HHNGuy27
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, HHNGuy27 said:

I know the people at IU are not gonna believe me, but Universal did try to get Scooby-Doo for this year. Murdy has already stated multiple times that he'd love to do a Scooby-Doo house.

And let’s not forget about this: The Hanna-Barbera franchise does have some history with adult-oriented content. The Flintstones wasn’t considered as a kids show when it was new back in the 60’s, Shaggy from the Scooby franchise is always a weird ass stoner in a secretive way as a humorous trait that kids wouldn’t notice but adults both do and get, and you even had spin-off shows that were also parodies on Cartoon Network, starting with Space Ghost: Coast To Coast along with the early Adult Swim shows that came later as spin-offs of Space Ghost within a spin-off like The Brak Show, Sealab 2021, Harvey Birdman, and (though It’s a big stretch) Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

• Like 1

Kinda been wondering how much they could expand the park after Super Nintendo World, which is something they could do for some more houses, depending how much space they have left and what themes and IP’s they could go with in the future.

The only problem I see the most: Hollywood is probably already landlocked, since this is California and not a lot like Florida cause more people live there with a massive industry in entertainment. Even if they were to expand, It would mean more logistical issues (Looking at you, Rowling and Miyamoto).

• Like 1

I remember seeing that they were building new Soundstages way off toward the edge of the property. Like, pretty dang far from the Lower Lot. They could knock down the super old Soundstages directly next to SNW, but those have so much history behind them.

JPLand21 suggested a while back that Universal should purchase the Golf Course next to the Lower Lot for either a brand-new park or for the current park's expansion. Concept art for a hotel did come out not too long ago, so that could mean Universal is wanting to turn Hollywood into an actual resort one day.

Also, I'm fairly certain that the KKFOS, Scarecrow, and Legends Collide tents will remain up. Construction for this year started way back in February, so I see it beginning in 2023 somewhere around that time. Possibly March.

• Like 1

Though, we won’t see any aspects of HHN in Super Nintendo World for obvious reasons, they should at least open during the event for the crowds to flow around the park. If they’re gonna add any decorations for the Halloween season, then that would make a good touch. Would love to see lots of Boo’s along with the King himself taking over the area. 

• Like 1