Ghostbusters

Mark M.

halloween-horror-nights-ghostbusters-house-c.thumb.jpg.7d34295434301c1f3c50203585356a45.jpg

For the first time ever, Sony Pictures’ Ghostbusters is coming to Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights in a new haunted house.

Celebrating its 35th anniversary, you’ll jump through the movie screen of the original 1984 film and walk through some of your favorite scenes like the New York Public Library, the Temple of Gozer and more.

In this haunted house, you’ll be transported to the streets of New York as the rift between worlds opens, releasing ghoulish spirits, hideous specters and ectoplasm-dripping phantasms in every shape and size. Come face-to-face with the voracious Slimer, the all-power Gozer the Gozerian, Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man and more.

Peter, Ray, Egon and Winston will have to save the day as these paranormal creatures materialize in unexpected places – but will their proton packs be enough?

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi friends!! Can anyone do me a favor and keep an eye out for the Ringleader ghost in Ghostbusters? He’s the top-hatted, long-pants-wearing stilt man in the hallway after you see Winston. My roommate (unintentionally) ruined two of the masks for the Ringleader because of a nosebleed and was taken off of the role; I don’t know if the character itself is getting cut because of an entire hard-cast scareactor being gone or if a reserve may get hard-cast to fill in the spot. If you saw him tonight or see him any time soon, please drop in with an update! Thank you!!

Why in the hell were all of the dialogue audio clips re-recorded for this house? It's extremely distracting for me. The awful Casey Kasem impression right off the bat (coupled with the lack of a facade really hinder my enjoyment of this house. There are definitely some great moments in this house, and some of the scareactors are dead ringers, but I just want to know what happened with the dialogue.

1 hour ago, Primusjim said:

Why in the hell were all of the dialogue audio clips re-recorded for this house? It's extremely distracting for me. The awful Casey Kasem impression right off the bat (coupled with the lack of a facade really hinder my enjoyment of this house. There are definitely some great moments in this house, and some of the scareactors are dead ringers, but I just want to know what happened with the dialogue.

Honestly, this isn’t really helpful, but I found the same problem with Zombieland. Like, is it that hard to rip the dialogue straight from the source? Granted, I don’t know anything about the actors’ rights and whether or not they would have to sign off on their voices being used, but jesus, are some of these impressions off. Tallahassee doesn’t even have a similar dialect to Woody Harrelson. Yikes. Sorry to go off, but that’s what’s bothering me.

Speaking of signing off, I know that Ghostbusters has apparently been extremely difficult to work with as an IP (last-minute house modifications, refusal to put the logo on the house shirt because of the blood on it, etc), so maybe that’s why it feels like that with the voice acting. Maybe the studio literally just wanted to keep the original content as far away from this house as they could by rerecording the lines. Can you, or someone who’s also seen Ghostbusters, compare the rest of the dialogue from the Busters, Gozer, etc to the house’s?

3 hours ago, itsabee said:

Honestly, this isn’t really helpful, but I found the same problem with Zombieland. Like, is it that hard to rip the dialogue straight from the source? Granted, I don’t know anything about the actors’ rights and whether or not they would have to sign off on their voices being used, but jesus, are some of these impressions off. Tallahassee doesn’t even have a similar dialect to Woody Harrelson. Yikes. Sorry to go off, but that’s what’s bothering me.

Speaking of signing off, I know that Ghostbusters has apparently been extremely difficult to work with as an IP (last-minute house modifications, refusal to put the logo on the house shirt because of the blood on it, etc), so maybe that’s why it feels like that with the voice acting. Maybe the studio literally just wanted to keep the original content as far away from this house as they could by rerecording the lines. Can you, or someone who’s also seen Ghostbusters, compare the rest of the dialogue from the Busters, Gozer, etc to the house’s?

As far as I can tell, all of the lines have been re-recorded. Winston's "I love this town!" doesn't sound right, neither does Venkman's "We came, we saw, we kicked it's ass!"

• 1 month later...

It's a good house, I didn't go in expecting to get scared, I wanted to relive some of the good moments from the films and it didn't disappoint, I enjoyed it a lot and to see certain scenes with each Ghostbusters were really cool, from the Library to walking through the Sedgewick Halls and then Dana's apartment and on, it felt really cool and stepping into those scenes and loved all the effects they had put into this house, definitely was scary fun :) 

Very fun house, tied with Graveyard Games for my top favorite. Loved the details to be found around the maze, lines the ghosts, loved pretty much everything about it. The marshmellow smell in the Stay Puft room was a great touch lol. They even managed to make Slimer scare me!

Edited by MonkyScream

• Mark M. changed the title to Ghostbusters