Depths of Fear

Mark M.

19 hours ago, Kichkinet said:

I have to say I’m not excited at all for this house but I’m going to go in it with a open mind and hopefully it surprises me. 

I agree I just hope they keep the house almost in the same vein as how they had done Interstellar Terror back at 18, the house was awesome and the effects were just as great, if they really capture that same fear and style, I think this house will be really good but right now it looks like Yeti and Nightingales are top of my list at the moment. 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This house is incredible and before you even enter you know you're in danger. Great sets and experience with a cool monster design. Little confused on the story (why are some people crazy?) but the chaos incarnate feel of the whole thing makes that irrelevant. 

In the room with the video screens showing the ocean, a hanging body and the guy trapped outside a porthole there's a lever on the right wall. Does anyone know if this is a GAT? I don't want to accidentally pull a fire alarm 

Edited by Midnight Detective

• 2 weeks later...

This is my personal favorite house this year.  The costumes are a little cheesy, but that honestly adds to the charm.  Kinda reminds me of Creatures! from 2008.  Apparently there's a "controversial" scene in the house, referring to a dog?  My friend who went with me mentioned it, can anybody tell me about that?

1 hour ago, Norman_Bates said:

This is my personal favorite house this year.  The costumes are a little cheesy, but that honestly adds to the charm.  Kinda reminds me of Creatures! from 2008.  Apparently there's a "controversial" scene in the house, referring to a dog?  My friend who went with me mentioned it, can anybody tell me about that?

Dog torn in half that whimpers as you pass it.

3 hours ago, Norman_Bates said:

Feels very much like a house from 2008 to me too, but not the same one.

Edited by OhHaiInternet95

• 2 weeks later...

Two things:

1. During our R.I.P. tour, our guide (Paul, the best one) confirmed the ending of the house is the facility imploding and you going with it... So you die.

2. They've taken out almost all of the Mouthbrooders in here and replaced them with infected miners. Only Mouthbrooders left in the house is one at the beginning, another in the middle with the security guy, and the one at the end walking from the red light (which is supposed to be it running from the explosion).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zombieman said:

I'd bet it's better with the infected miners.  When I visited last week, the Mouthbrooders just weren't doing it for me.  Fishes on legs are not scary.

It honestly isn't. The infected miners get old really fast, cause it's literally just regular people with green boils on their face. The Mouthbrooders were silly-looking, yes, but at least they were still menacing and felt dangerous.

9 minutes ago, HHN Pro 2 said:

It honestly isn't. The infected miners get old really fast, cause it's literally just regular people with green boils on their face. The Mouthbrooders were silly-looking, yes, but at least they were still menacing and felt dangerous.

Oh well..  In the category of "We dug too deep!" mining houses, Knotts' The Depths is a lot better than HHN "Depths of Fear".  I can say with confidence that if I could teleport just about everyone here to Knotts for a 5 min walkthru, they would agree.  Not to say Depths of Fear was bad.  It wasn't at all.  It was middle of the road.

And, sorry, but every time I hear Mouthbrooder, I can't help but think of MacGruber

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I had made a trip to California a week after the first week of September and experiencing HHN and Depths, went to Knotts and had done the Depths house and I can agree, the execution of the house was a bit better than ours. Ours has some good moments, I just think of our house as some of the movies they based abit of the stuff on such as the films like Deep Star Six and Leviathan, I can see some of the scenes from both films being redone in the houses, like Mariner split in half which happens to one in Deep Star Six and the mutation of the crew members which happens to one of main characters in Leviathan, I think of this house just made based on those films, when you think of it from that aspect I think it makes the house a bit passable even though they sorta took the idea from Knotts. 

• 1 year later...
  • Mark M. changed the title to Depths of Fear